RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things we were wondering about.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Belathne



Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 10983
Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Things we were wondering about. Reply with quote

I found out something we were wondering about not so long ago. I don't remember on which thread it was but as it belongs to STARGATE, I put it here.

I don't know from which epidsode that scene was either and I also have no pic of it. SORRY! Maybe somebody else has one.

Quote:
From: micheldaniela
Is there any particular reason for Jack O'Neill to eat jello or ice-cream with a fork?
Daniela

Richard Dean Anderson:
I love that! That people notice... I really do. Umm... Itís easier! [With a wink, he launches into a dissertation on the physics of jello.] You know whatís coming... The jello has to be of a certain consistency to be able to eat jello with a fork. The type of jello that you usually get in a cafeteria, as in the one in SG Headquarters, there, will be in tiny square cubes. Those are easy to skewer, and they also set up really hard. To get more than one on a spoon, youíre jeopardizing getting a mouthful at all. So by skewering them, because they have the consistency that will hold a fork, you can get a couple on there at least. [laughing] Thatís well thought out...

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArianeH



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 9406
Location: FRANCE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember from which episode Rolling Eyes Confused and not picture but I could find another day... Laughing I love his explanation full of truth !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wathorighh



Joined: 09 Nov 2009
Posts: 113
Location: Hamburg/Germany

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I just watched the episode two days ago, I remember it. It was "Proving ground" in season 5.

here are some caps I have from www.stargatecaps.com (so credits go there)



_________________
~Andrea~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArianeH



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 9406
Location: FRANCE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yesssssssssss !!! thanks for these funny pictures !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Birgit



Joined: 29 Nov 2009
Posts: 114
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the episode "Unnatural Selection", O'Neill eats the ice cream with a fork.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s6/612/html/6x12_0193.html
_________________
Heinsberg in West West West Germany!!!
__________________________

What?!?!?!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Belathne



Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 10983
Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics ladies. Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wathorighh



Joined: 09 Nov 2009
Posts: 113
Location: Hamburg/Germany

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin Laughing Ice cream with a fork. Can't believe it. Laughing
_________________
~Andrea~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KatXander



Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 3644

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I prefer to eat ice cream with a fork for that same reason...If it's really hard ice cream (like we buy at the grocery) and you use a spoon, the spoonful usually ends up shooting across the room or landing in your lap. The tines of the fork not only let you "cut off" a piece, but you can spear it without wearing it.

Of course, soft-serve is a bit trickier...you have to twirl it around the fork...*wink*

Kat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KatXander



Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 3644

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...my son Patrick wanted me to add his two-cents' worth:

He says, "sometimes you use a fork because all the spoons are dirty, and if you're too lazy to wash out a spoon, the fork's your only option."

*facepalm*

...guys...


K@
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xena



Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 2611
Location: Big Blue Marble :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Things we were wondering about. Reply with quote

Belathne wrote:
I found out something we were wondering about not so long ago. I don't remember on which thread it was but as it belongs to STARGATE, I put it here.

I don't know from which epidsode that scene was either and I also have no pic of it. SORRY! Maybe somebody else has one.

Quote:
From: micheldaniela
Is there any particular reason for Jack O'Neill to eat jello or ice-cream with a fork?
Daniela

Richard Dean Anderson:
I love that! That people notice... I really do. Umm... Itís easier! [With a wink, he launches into a dissertation on the physics of jello.] You know whatís coming... The jello has to be of a certain consistency to be able to eat jello with a fork. The type of jello that you usually get in a cafeteria, as in the one in SG Headquarters, there, will be in tiny square cubes. Those are easy to skewer, and they also set up really hard. To get more than one on a spoon, youíre jeopardizing getting a mouthful at all. So by skewering them, because they have the consistency that will hold a fork, you can get a couple on there at least. [laughing] Thatís well thought out...


i remember him eating icecream with fork.. very funny indeed.. i think it is one of the season 6 episodes. they we to help thor and they were eating icecream in the ship prometheus.. i don't remember the episode..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xena



Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 2611
Location: Big Blue Marble :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birgit wrote:
In the episode "Unnatural Selection", O'Neill eats the ice cream with a fork.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s6/612/html/6x12_0193.html


oh yeah that's it.. Very Happy Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2shy



Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 194

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me from which SG-1 episode is that still?


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xena



Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 2611
Location: Big Blue Marble :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2shy wrote:
Can someone tell me from which SG-1 episode is that still?



well, let the experts talk.. Wink but i guess 1st or 2nd season.. cause he still has dark hair.. sorry couldn't help much..
_________________
if i could give you one thing in life, i would give you the ability to see yourself
through my eyes. only then would you realize how special you are to me Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Belathne



Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 10983
Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xena wrote:
2shy wrote:
Can someone tell me from which SG-1 episode is that still?

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dk9z84.jpg


well, let the experts talk.. Wink but i guess 1st or 2nd season.. cause he still has dark hair.. sorry couldn't help much..

Xena "great" help, INDEED!!! SHOWTIME 1998 says it all, huh!!! Razz Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2shy



Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 194

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw,xena!Thanks,anyway Very Happy I'm jusy trying to check whether this still is available in MGM official site but I don't know from which episode is that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group