RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RDA on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: RDA on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Reply with quote

I found this on the Gateworld site.

Fans of former Stargate SG-1 leading man Richard Dean Anderson ("Jack O'Neill") hope to land the actor on Hollywood's prestigious Walk of Fame. Fans at the actor's official Web site are putting together an application to be considered this summer.

"The Hollywood Walk of Fame" is a chronological history of the Hollywood-based entertainment industry and honors those who have made significant contributions in the categories of radio, television, motion pictures, recording, and live performance. Those judged to have made significant professional achievement, a contribution to the community, and have longevity in the entertainment industry get a star imbedded in the sidewalk forever with their name and area of specialty, such as acting for Anderson.

"...what's go'in on?..."

Anyone know of this... Kate???

Question Question Question

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.
KateR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: RDA on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Reply with quote

Old Fan wrote:
Anyone know of this... Kate???
Question Question Question

Do I know of it?

Yes.

Gateworld is paraphrasing RDA's "Note from Rick" that's been on the Updates page for a month.

Kate
Vina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh! Gateworld is a little behind the times. Kate had already put in this application a couple years ago. If the person is not chosen, you have to re-submit the application after 2 years. I believe it's 2 years anyway. So this one is not the first time.
Elizabeth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Walk of Fame Reply with quote

Kate I am not sure how this works, the Walk of Fame thing, is there anything we can do to help move this beautiful mann to a STAR??
Elizabeth
Old Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate - Oops!!!

What was I thinking (actually, WAS I thinking) - that's debatable.

For the last month I have been stomping around with a cast on my foot, pumped full of assorted drugs - painkillers, anti-inflamatories - so it seems that my last remaining brain cell finally fell out. This is not to say that old age hadn't already destroyed what was left of my memory. I appologize profoundly for the lapse!!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Spin Spin

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.
KateR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Walk of Fame Reply with quote

Elizabeth wrote:
Kate I am not sure how this works, the Walk of Fame thing, is there anything we can do to help move this beautiful mann to a STAR??

There really isn't much that can be done at this stage. The nomination package needs to be submitted, and the committee needs to (hopefully!) select him. If that happens, then it will be necessary to raise the money so that the ceremony can be scheduled.

For now, just cross your fingers! Smile

Kate
Ducktaped

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll knock on wood.....and hope he gets a star cause he's definately worthy of a star in my eyes....

My life motto: There are no wrong paths in life, just roads that lead to unexpected adventures
"Vita quoque brevis"
exploding_pinecones

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. He's been such an influence on a generation- it would be nice to see him get the accolades he deserves!

(I haven't been around in about a year--"peek-a-boo" Smile Hoping some of you remember me from chat a long time ago....)

http://stargatesg-1rp.avidgamers.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maria

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, yep yep... he deserves the biggest star out there

btw, nice signature exploding_pinecones, very funny.

Maria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I can't take all the credit for it. Razz
And he says it MUCH better than I. But thank you!

http://stargatesg-1rp.avidgamers.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mickey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Walk of Fame Reply with quote

Do I know of it?

Yes.

Gateworld is paraphrasing RDA's "Note from Rick" that's been on the Updates page for a month.

Kate
Very Happy So what does it tell us? If Gateworld has to paraphrase Ricks note than by god Kate's side is the best! On no other side is the most updated info as on Kate's side!! And when the Guestbook is rolling than we hopefully will be even more updated. (I dont know if "our man" knows about his "luck" i belive he will fall on his cute bum when he figures out in what "fun" he put himself there.
Kate you can be very proud of yourself.We surely are! Keep on with the fantastic work!!

Love
Elizabeth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: walk of fame Reply with quote

Thank you Kate, fingers are crossed, toes, braides, shoe laces, eyes and anything else I can cross!!!

Just let me know WHEN he gets IT, I will send what I can!!! Laughing Very Happy

And someone else said this in here also, but I will say it as well,

Thank you for this site, you are wonderful for doing it!!!
Keep up the great work.
Elizabeth
Gaby

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the status thusfar?

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.
Beth

Location: 31 miles from Cheyenne Mountain (which is still 8 miles closer than Maria is) :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across this:

Quote:
Get MacGyver on the Walk of Fame...

MacGyver for a lot us (me included) represents a Maker spirit and human potential we all have - since we launched MAKE last year, we're often described as the "The Tech magazine that speaks to the MacGyver in us all" and on that note, we recently announced Lee David Zlotoff (creator of MacGyver) will be writing a regular column in MAKE.

So, we're fans, but we're not the only ones - the folks at Richard Dean Anderson's official web site are putting together an application to be considered this summer to get a star on the Hollywood walk of Fame. I think Richard's amazing career (8 seasons of Stargate / Jack O'Neill!) and the icon that is Macgyver is worth celebrating.

The mention of "Richard Dean Anderson's official web site" is a link to Kate's site!

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/02/get_macgyver_on_the_walk_of_fa.html

Sanja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Beth! It was fun to read it! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: