RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sept 1st RDA Day in the city of Atlanta

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Sept 1st RDA Day in the city of Atlanta Reply with quote

Via Paul Brown's twitter:

Paul Brown‏@langleylegends

@andersonrdean @DragonCon Sept 1 to be proclaimed RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON DAY by the City of Atlanta!! Details here... http://www.legendscanada.com
Modest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic!
Indeed. Soo well deserved.

Thank you for posting this. Very Happy
Yalisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome, congrats to RDA.
I think this saying fits very well: Honor to whom honor is due.

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry that I have an other opinion in this case. A Richard Dean Anderson Day in Atlanta sounds kind of odd and I guess that Rick has a similar opinion as he wrote "I have no recollection of doing anything special for the city of Atlanta.... so, nowhere!" in his note. He is a great guy, portrayed great characters and he did and does great things with the charities he supports, but what the heck has this to do with ATLANTA?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, CAN i just say i totally checked the awards banquet weeks ago to see if i would need a ticket. but rda wasnt going to be there so I opted not too. And now he is getting this award and its RDA DAY. I was trying to manage my money well here. DO I go to the banquet? or not waste my time cuz it is one award, I Mean go to a banquet for rda OR I CAN GET ANOTHER PICTURE AND TIME WITH HIM....ya know.....
Modest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was just happy and excited for him (if I may be so bold).
That was my first reaction.

In my case, the thinking generally comes afterwards, longtime afterwards.

Still, just being happy.
Yalisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belathne wrote:
I'm sorry that I have an other opinion in this case. A Richard Dean Anderson Day in Atlanta sounds kind of odd and I guess that Rick has a similar opinion as he wrote "I have no recollection of doing anything special for the city of Atlanta.... so, nowhere!" in his note. He is a great guy, portrayed great characters and he did and does great things with the charities he supports, but what the heck has this to do with ATLANTA?

I think he is the first time at an official event in Atlanta, and the city has taken the opportunity to honor him. It could have been any city, which he would vistit for a con. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the city wants to honor him in general for his accomplishments over the years. A Richard Dean Anderson Day may be a bit exaggerated. Of course that's just my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep in mind WHO presents RDA with the award and once you realize what that person is representing and you understand what RDA represents, things will make sense.

While this is happening IN Atlanta, and the day is Atlanta day, the meaning, gesture and honor behind it has to do with more than just one city. It has to do with LIFE as a whole.

xo
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick will get an award of the city of Atlanta and that's an honor, but to call the day RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON DAY .................... I don't know, I can imagine that a man as humble as Rick will have a little problem with this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belathne wrote:
but what the heck has this to do with ATLANTA?

IMHO It has nothing to do with Atlanta. From Legends:

"This honour is being bestowed upon Richard in recognition for his achievements over the years, which include his contributions towards environmental and conservation issues."

He didn't have to do anything directly for Atlanta to receive this. I personally think it's great that they are doing this.

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
Linda Mary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: RDA Day in Atlanta Reply with quote

Glad to know that RDA will be honored for his environmental and other good works -- certainly deserves the accolade. I always thought if any city should want to honor him, and the many others who made a huge impact in the city, it would be Vancouver BC!

I know other TV shows were filmed in Vancouver before MacGyver arrived, but being willing to commute from LA for Mac and Stargate to film in Vancouver had to create a huge, positive and on-going financial and PR benefit for Vancouver.
BarbaraBoo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know that RDA doesn't remember names of episodes, etc. Well I guess he forgot that he made a movie in Georgia. "Past the Bleachers" was filmed in
Covington, GA which is about 40 miles east/southeast of Atlanta. Seems many movies were filmed there including the new Jennifer Garner movie, "The Odd Life of Timothy Green".

FYI for our European friends: Many cities in the US honor people for many reasons like humanitarianism, environmental, heroic and so on. But it doesn't mean that every year it will be RDA day in Atlanta. It is wonderful that RDA is
being acknowledged for his environmental & conservation contributions.

Every day is RDA Day in our little corner of the world!!!!!!!

Hugs,
BarbaraBoo
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
banlu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet the second thing he thought after hearing this was "Dang, now I have to pack a suit." Wink

banlu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banlu said:
Quote:
Bet the second thing he thought after hearing this was "Dang, now I have to pack a suit." Wink

Actually, banlu, he's probably saying "Dang, now I have to wear a suit."

But you know, it's still pretty cool that they are recognizing him for his efforts towards environmental and conservation issues, not to mention the work he does/has done for The Challengers Boys and Girls Club, The Art of the Brain and the USC Pain Center.
RDA said:

Quote:
...and prior to this I have no recollection of doing anything special for the city of Atlanta

It doesn't matter where the charities are based or where he lives, what he does (or has done) has affected everyone on one level or another. I think it's a great honor for him to have his own day, he deserves it!

TJ, Northern Ontario, Canada
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: