RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragging season 8 out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozzy_rick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Dragging season 8 out Reply with quote

Oh Dear,

Im guessing RDA is out of 9/10, cameo's?. Ive managed to shield myself from what happens, but his face aint on the season 9 box Surprised(.

Ive known this for sometime, This morning i watched citizen Joe, season 8 episode15, the one where the barber finds the communication stones, I guess thats setting it up for SGU, as i watched that first.

This was a great episode, RDA is such a funny guy and a gentlmen in this one, i cant help but feel again, he's playing himself in SG.

I hope to get to meet him one day. And im watching season 8 very slowly to savour every moment. Cant say that about any other show. Your great RDA!! do you hear me?
ozzy_rich Razz

Australia's biggest RDA and Stargate fan
banlu

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't think SGU was even an idea when they did "Citizen Joe", since it was another 5 years before that series aired.

But anyway, RDA has cameos in the first and third episodes of S 9, "Avalon Pt 1" and "Origin", as well as bigger roles in S 10's "200" and "The Shroud".

He is also in the very first episode of SGA, "Rising Pt 1" and has big guest roles in three of SGA's S 3 episodes "The Real World" and "The Return Pts 1 & 2".

And don't forget the SG-1 DVD movies "Children of the Gods - Final Cut" (a reworking of the pilot) and "Continuum" (where he also does commentary).

So enjoy!

banlu

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just starting "Threads" today...gulp.... 3 episodes to go Sad

ozzy_rick

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: 2 to go Reply with quote

Starting Moebius part 1 today, need soething good today, worked all weekend taking pics for reebok, Audi set fire to my sportscar and it may be written off, and my girlfriend moved out cos i cant make my ind u if i want to marry and have children next year, she;s 35, and said i love you but i love my unborn children more.

Wheres RDA when you need him, i miss her a lot but after my childhood im confused about having children at a young 44, shes 35 with her biological clock ticking, but i need to say yes for the right reasons Richard what should i do, you had a child latter in life, your thoughts, anyone?

at a very low point today, time for SG-1.

Rich h

Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick was 48 when his daughter was born, so he started the whole thing with 47. You are 44 and your (ex)girlfriend wants children. What are you waiting for?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to having a baby, I guess most of us will never be really ready..
Just go for it and then you will get used to it as time goes by..
And suddenly you (might) find out that you like it..and started to regret why didn't you do it earlier...
Well, at least that is what people who get their own child at mid 40 often say...
Finally, it all comes back to you...
banlu

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozzy_rick, maybe you two could go to a marriage (or premarriage) counselor. They could help you decide if you really don't want children, or if it's just a groundless fear that can be overcome if you really want to.

Just going ahead and having a child anyway isn't a good idea. Sure, if it's just cold feet, having a baby will make you go "Why was I worried?", but if you really don't want children, you would probably be resentful of both your girlfriend and the child.

RDA was in a different position than you, since he alwasy wanted children. His problem was finding the right woman.

I hope you can make the right decision.

banlu

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice Banlu..
ozzy_rick

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the replies, we have taken a month off to work on a few things apart.

Not sure if i want kids, purely for selfish reasons, like thew sports car may have to go!!! me in a people moover or a 4x4, i dont think so lol, has to be german and have at least 4 tail pipes lol.

I know i will prolly regret it when 60 that i did not, so i'm seriously considering it. Reminded her she gets a year off not 2, and working a couple of hours a week part time would make me feel she was pulling her weight. O)

Oh and i mentioned a Pre-nup....didnt seem to Phase her.

Well, Season 8 is complete Smile thought i would be devastated knowing RDA is out, but all the guest apperances after season 8, help make up for that.

I did get a little confused during the 2 part Moebius. Wasnt sure what reality was who's, and FINALLY THEY GET TO KISS !!!! and buy the looks of it, when Daniel says its ok you can come out, and RDA says "in a minute" looks like they fell to the floor and did the wild thing!!!! FINALLY AT LAST!!!.

I'D BEEN waiting for that to happen for so long i had given up hope. Was the Sam he was kissing a differant Sam from the future, the past ...a different reality? / Universe.
Did they get it on when they went fishing in his back yard and saw the fish, was that the same sam, did that Sam remember the kiss????.... did he?

Oh Dear.

Anyway, Season 8 was great...I had been watching some Atlantis season 4 and theres Sam again, and you see a scene where she's "Leaving" the SGC after 10 years, so I've stopped atlantis and went straight to SG-1 Season 9, up to episode 16 in 2 days, and i must admit, Im loving it, Claudia Black is great, and the new guy, even though he has enormous shoes to fill, i actually like him a lot, i think they picked well and he's doing ok.

Shanks is still brilliant as are all the others, and these Ori dudes are pretty Bad,looking forward to them getting their asses handed to them.
Looking forward to another episode after work tonight, stargate rules.

Wikipedia states the RDA left after 8 to spend more time with his daughter, i was told by a pal who just had a child and was a workaholic, now his busting to leave the office at 4:30pm everyday to get home and spend as much time as possible with his son.
Thats powerful stuff.

Peace

Ozzy Rich

gracie

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I probably shouldn't, but can you clarify?..are you saying she can take 1 year off not 2 if she has a baby? and should work a couple of hours just to make sure she is pulling her weight because she is staying home with said baby??
ozzy_rick

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, when you put it like that, it dont sound so good. But thats why i put it out there, for feedback to help.

That kinda helps with empathetic thoughts.

ozzy

Anne

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the baby should work a couple of hours too to pull its weight and pay its babysitter or daycare when mommy goes to work? Rolling Eyes Sorry, couldn't resist... Crying or Very sad
ozzy_rick

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha funny, my first wife was a mother AND a workaholic, worked till her firstborn popped out, and was back working within days.

So im used to having a partner who pulls her weight AND more. Marriage is a partnership right.

Anne

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify - I am not opposed mothers going back to work eventually if the money is needed or if it's a career decision or for whatever reason. I'm not opposed of moms going back to work a couple of hours after a year either etc...

But you make this sound as though giving birth and nursing, taking care off and tending to a baby/toddler is less worth than making money and that just doesn't sit right with me at all. Marriage is a partnership, yes, but when there's a child the focus of the partnership shifts and there should at least be one parent actually taking care of the baby full time for a while (mom or dad - that's not the point) if it's possible money-wise. Otherwise the question would be; Why have children if you let them raise by someone else even when they are so small they really need you full time?

And if mom going back to work means that dad takes over child duty so that things are equal, that's a whole different story as well because that's going back to marriage being a partnership Smile
gracie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy Rick - it's harder for you to understand because you don't have that baby yet..staying home raising children is not easy. I stayed home until mine were in school and now work full time. Being a stay at home parent is a valuable and important job. Not everyone can, or wants to stay home with children...but if your partner wants to - support that decision fully! Oh - and I hope you "pull your weight " by coming home and doing your share when you get there!! My days - although I loved it - of staying home with my children (3) were way more difficult than my 45 hour a week "paid" job I have now. I will forever love my husband for being happy I was home with those babies!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: