RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIGRAINE HEADACHE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: MIGRAINE HEADACHE Reply with quote

Hi all I have a qusetion about migraine. Now I do know enough about it because I have migraines,but there's always something you dont know or you get something new.
I dont know if any of you also have these migraines and how,but please feel free to comment on this.

My questions is about an aura.
Now I did search,but I could not find what I wanted.
I have migraines and in the beginning they were aweful, and with everything that is with it.
Then afther years it became more like this Smile and then it became much worser again,and I still suffering from a migraine I had for a week.WEell its 2 weeks now and it came back.
But a few days ago I looked at the wall I was sitting on the coutch watching tv. Yes It was only a little while,but when I looked at the wall I saw a round dark spot and it became biggger and on the spot well round circle a bright light and it started to walk on the wall like a cartoon.
I even saw a face in it or was I hallucinating Laughing Confused
I kept focusing,but I could not see that well and then another round circle came same thing I turned left and looked at another wall and then it were not rounds with brigh light around it,but squared figures I mean I hope its the correct word for it Embarassed It looks like a frame but black no bright light around it and there were 4 of them and not all staight either even though about 3d LOL but serius its no joke it happend,and thank god afther 5 minutes it was gone.

Now if anyone here also have migraines or seeing aura's please tell about it.
I never had those and I want to find out if these were aura's you have with migraine.

I feel better now but tired,and my medicen did not work either Rolling Eyes
I still cant stand the bright lights and loud noise. Yesterday had to buy something and a little kid screamed Shocked it went to my brain like crazy dold no dubble dolby surround sterio etc. AHHH!!! it seems that this is getting worser as well.

Please free free to comment on this and thell your story about having migraine or a huge big headache.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody?
Well this morning I woke and had a good night slept well, but still I had a headache and that was on 1 sight of the head so Shocked migraine again and now iits doing ban bang when I doing somthing and I took medicen again for it. I hope it will work this time.
I mean I had migaine for 2 weeks and no another one.
And the bad thing is paint. The painters are painting our door right now and every neighbour's door as well and I am alergic for paint Shocked And this with the migraine is not a good thing.
And I need to let the door an hour open as well so the whole Mad scent of paint goes trough the house and I am alergic for it.

Its a dark blue colour that looks black and that I dont like at all. What are they thingking Rolling Eyes
Time to do something. Sorry but I am so pissed about having another migraine and a door in a death colour ahhh!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerda, sorry about your headache. I remember how bad they are, I used to have them about 20 years ago. I didn't know the cause until I got off the birth control pill, and the headaches suddenly disappeared. Shocked I guess that was my body saying "enough of the darned pills!" The migraines used to be so bad I puked. They would start with a glowing zigzag line appearing in my vision, and then WHAM! Very bad. After I got off the pill I never had them again.
It's hard to tell what's causing them, and it must be frustrating for you. Here is a great "go-away-headache" visualization method that doesn't require medication: you close your eyes, and imagine a white balloon with the word HEADACHE on it (in Dutch or English, doesn't matter). It slowly starts rising out of head, rises higher and higher, and then POP! It bursts and disappears. After the visualization you think of something else and go about your business. If it works, the headache goes away within minutes.
This method works for 3 people out of the 4 in my family. My husband is not willing to try it, he prefers to take a pill for it. But for me and my two teenaged sons (especially the older one who used to have headaches few years ago) this works very well. I don't know if this would help with migraines, but you lose nothing by trying. Good luck! Smile

About the "things" you have seen on your wall, don't worry, many people see similar "weird" things these days. It may have been brought on by your migraine, or because your focus wandered. You can experience pretty interesting things, visions and such when you let you consciousness wonder. The important thing is not to be afraid of them, for they are natural occurrences - as far as I'm concerned. Because of the change humanity is going through, these sights are becoming more common. We simply see more than we did before. Very Happy
Anne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://migraine.com/migraine-aura/visual-aura/

http://www.topmigraineremedy.com/ocular-migraine/c5.html

Maybe you'll find something here. I googled it and got a couple hits.
I suffer from migraine too, but not as severe as you. However, if this happens a lot with the auras you might want to see your eye doc or an neurologist and let it be checked out.

Good luck!
Gerda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figgy and Anne thanks so much for your info Very Happy

I am going to try it with the white balloon and closing my eyes.
Also thanks about the things I saw on the wall.

I must say that I am high sensitive I feel things and see things sometimes and there a lot more things.
So I know certain things happen,and I am used to it.

But never had it with migraine and never saw these things thats why I though am I hallucinating now Confused because I think its possible with migraines,but since this was the was time I was wondering and I could not find anything exactly what I was looking for.
So Thanks so much for the info on this Figgy Very Happy

Anne thanks for the links and I am going to take a look.

Yes my eyes I let them check last year and nothing came out although my eyes are worse then before.

That also could be from medicen I have to take.
Some medicen makes your eyes go down hill and this with age as well.
Yep starting to feel it.

I wil let you all know about the white balloon if it works and if there is something else. Thanks for the help I truly apriciate it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerda,

I'd gladly talk to you about it. I'll do it by PM though, so we can write in our own language Wink

Groetjes Very Happy
KatXander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get those too, Gerda. Yeah, that's probably an aura, if it comes before you get a migraine. I usually have an out-of-focus spot at first, then an area gets ripply (like when you throw a stone into a pond), and it marches all over my field of vision, twisting & changing shape. Sometimes it's just a small "tear" in my vision a,d only in one eye, but in really bad instances, it disrupts my vision for anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. I found that the size & duration of the aura usually is a warning of the headache to come.

I actually find the aura more difficult than the headache itself, since the disorientation sometimes gives me vertigo. I can't drive (if I'm out, I have to pull into a parking lot & just sit until it passes), and lying down in my case makes things worse. I can't take any kind of medication because of a hypersensitivity to the ingredients, so the best I can do is dark glasses (with side flaps) and either a cool or warm compress, and hope it just goes away.

If yours seem to get worse, DO talk to a doctor, because maybe you can tolerate the medicines that I can't, and they could help you.

Hugs,
Pat
Gerda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks KatXander

I am glad it was an aura so now I know more. Thanks for the info.
I had another migraine yesterday I woke up with it.
Today still tired in the head.
The mnedicen I have is Maxalt melt tablets 10 mg
But often they do not work.

Dark glasses yes I also used them.
If I am sitting in the car next to my hubby and the sunlight is giving a sort of flickering boy its aweful and no sunglasses help for it at all. So I need to put something else for my eys just as long as the flickering goes on outside when you drive. It comes trough the window,and its aweful.
Even when I do not have any headache its terrible.

I use 4711 thats an ice eau de cologne you can put on your head and it makes it cold and gives a good feeling and that works for me as well.

Chantal I will send you a pm so we can talk in our own language
groetjes en een fijn weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was actually thanks to Stargate that I discovered Glacier Glasses (I live in the desert, and I don't ski...). The side flaps work GREAT at blocking the ambient light, and dull the screaming in my head to a dull roar, allowing me to function somewhat. They also work great for lessening the vertigo I get from watching movie previews at the theatre, with all the spinning, strobing ads.

Migraines suck. I hope yours get better, Gerda. Have them check your thyroid and also B vitamin levels.

HUG
P
banlu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard the herb feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) can help with migraines.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/feverfew-000243.htm

I rarely get headaches, so can't imagine what y'all go through. I hope maybe this can help someone.

banlu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks banlu and Kat Very Happy
I am sorry its been so long since I was here,but all kinds of things kept me away from here. Most of all pain in the legg and migraines.

Thanks for the link and I am going to read it. Everything can help.

I also went for footreflexology and 3 weeks I had it done.
And afther this I have not had migraine. A little headache but not bad.
I will try it another time because it was good.

Will let you know afther I done a second time how that was.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: