RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How MacGyver is looking nowadays.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Richard Dean Anderson
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: How MacGyver is looking nowadays. Reply with quote

A friend and my husband Shocked sent me this link yesterday. It's from a German online magazine.

http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/macgyver/so-sieht-macgyver-heute-aus-21975054.bild.html

Here's the translation.

Beneath the first picture:
Time flies.
MacGyver alias Richard Dean Anderson
A couple of years older, but the twinkling of his eyes hasn't changed since the good old MacGyver days.

He was the TV idol of the 80s. Richard Dean Anderson alias MacGyver - smart, strong, a real sunnyboy (this sounds English, but maybe it is only German English like handy, which sounds English, but no English speaking person would call a cell phone "handy". We do. Embarassed ) Anyway I guess you all know that this means a good looking happy-go-lucky sort of guy.

Around 20 years later RDA (61) has gained some weight, but he definitely hasn't lost his charme, which no one is able to resist. (I bet the author has met him in person.)

These dark brown eyes already attracted "Desperate Housewives" actress Tery Hatcher ( 47) and our Rolling Eyes Kati Witt (46). Both had a relationship with him. And the Simpsons sisters Patty and Selma Bouvier are still drooling over their virtual hero MacGyver in each episode.

Is it still possible that Richard Dean Anderson is able to make a bomb with the help of a swiss army knife, duct tape and a jewing gum? (Well, I think Rick wasn't able to do this when he was young either. Laughing ) Probably not. When his car broke down in Malibu in December 2011 he decided to wait for the AAA instead of fixing his car in cool MacGyver manner with a paper clip. (Always the same crap. Maybe the poor guy was just short of paper clip at this day, huh. Wink )

Oh, last sentence.
A German TV channel will broadcast the MacGyver episodes again starting 12th February 2012.

Last edited by Belathne on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Figgy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a real nice article. Thanks for the translation Belathne! Smile
ArianeH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to share and translate Belathne ! 2012 will be busy with Mac, for you Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.
Concerning Mac in German TV. I'm used to the original. When I tried to watch my DVDs in German I didn't like Mac's German voice. But I guess that I have to give it a try anyway. RDA on TV, who is able to resist?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: How MacGyver is looking nowadays. Reply with quote

thanks for sharing and translating belathne.. really nice article about the man. and i agree that the writer probably met him in person.. Rolling Eyes
Caty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very good news! MacGyver back in TV! Spin Spin
So nobody is allowed to disturb me on Sundays Laughing
Faron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this comment with the car: I wanna see that person that can fix today´s cars with only a paper clip ... much more, when it is a problem with the alarm!

Jiipiiieh! Mac will be back! Great news!
Susanne B

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: How MacGyver is looking nowadays. Reply with quote

Thanks Belathne and you right, Ricks Voice is great. I have Mac on DVD and look to me in English, but I think it´s a attraction Stargate and Mac Gyver to watch on TV. Laughing

Sanne
xena

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: How MacGyver is looking nowadays. Reply with quote

Susanne B wrote:
Thanks Belathne and you right, Ricks Voice is great.

oh i wish he could just read anything and i could listen to him forever..
Astra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if I am losing my mind. Is that really him on the picture of "Through the eyes of a killer"? Looks very weird.

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
Firefly74

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:
I'm wondering if I am losing my mind. Is that really him on the picture of "Through the eyes of a killer"? Looks very weird.

No it's not, Astra.
Don't worry!
Belathne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's the woman's colleague. Wrong photo I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for d translation, Belathne. Nice article. Definitely not by paparazzi who can write not so nice stuff.

Anyway whether you can fix cars..... anything, become bigger, retain fluid whatever I still love you for who you are, Rick.

Your sense of humor, gentleness, graciousness, generosity & your love & pride of your little lady what's her name again...... Wylie? I just love you for being you!! Am pretty sure I am not d only one Wink
RDAfanFOREVER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Belathne for the article and translation.

I love your comments you added onto the text Spin

It was a very nice article but I don't understand either why they give him so much crap about the "car incident". I think they just see it as ironic because he played MacGyver (the "he can fix anything man"). What they don't seem to understand it that he is RICK (a regular guy) not MacGyver (a guy he portrayed, and very well I might add).

I love both MacGyver and Jack but the man I'm most impressed with is Rick (the real guy). Razz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Richard Dean Anderson All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: