RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New fangirl in the making

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chantal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: New fangirl in the making Reply with quote

I think dear Jack may have a new fan soon: my mom!

These past weeks, I've been extremely busy helping my mom get ready to move out of her house (which she shared with her - soon to be ex- husband) and into a new place of her own. Long story, not something to elaborate on here. But let's just say she's reclaiming her freedom.

Mom has seen some SG-1 episodes way back when the show first aired here and she loved it then. So I borrowed her my complete DVD box-set, including the movies. She'll have such a blast watching them!

So everyone better be careful, 'cause RDA will soon have a 62 1/2 year-old fangirl joining the ranks....teehee!
yolie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Don't count us seniors out yet Reply with quote

Well I beat your mom, I too am an old Rick fan. Just turned 65 this January. So would like to welcome your mom back to Rick's fan members. We seniors have to stick and support one another, hurray for her new freedom. Hope all works out for her. Smile
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, maybe Rick is happy every single day that he has never given up his freedom.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: New fangirl in the making Reply with quote

great! for your mum! always great to have new interests.. no matter what age! she is wellcome to the forum also.. Wink
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey it will be great to have another gal in her "sweet sixties" join the forum.

Pam (61)

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
KatXander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes and hugs to your mom, Chantal, as she begins her new journey. My son used SG-1 four years ago to help me get through my ex's "mid-life crisis" (he dumped me after 27 years of marriage for a graduate school romance). It hasn't always been easy, but snarky Jack's attitude gave me coping mechanisms that got me through the worst of it in relatively one piece. Funny thing is, I'm happier now than Ex-Man is, so maybe things DO work out for the best! (and even funnier, Ex is one of my biggest cartoon fans)

May your mom discover new talents and strengths she never realized she had, and may she always be happy.

^_^
Pat/Kat
malibugal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad your mom is joining the ranks of senior fans here. Been a fan for years. Almost feel the matriarch here having entered my 85th year of life on this planet earth, this past December.
malibugal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad your mom is joining the ranks of senior fans here. Been a fan for years. Almost feel the matriarch here having entered my 85th year of life on this planet earth, this past December.
malibugal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologize for the double posting! Can't explain what happened
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: