RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grace
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CathyRas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Grace Reply with quote

Watching Grace now. It's been quite a while since I have seen it.

This episode is complex. So is Grace Carter's inner child? When they all appear to her they all say it is her talking is she thinking of them and what they would of said to her if they was there

Sam: "I'm fine"

"Jack: Yes you are" and that wicked smile of his

anyways I love this episode more than just the shippy parts.

Cathy
eva

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Grace Reply with quote

I just saw the episode....AND NOW iM CRYING!!

This "lovestory" makes me wonder how humans ever become more than 2.

Geeeee -Jack must be the most slow man on earth and Sam -women are liberated and are allowed to take the first step.

Luckely I wasnt the author of this serie- I would made lovers of these two!and changed all silly rules about "no officers can be together"
malibugal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eva, Dear one , that is what is so hard about this relationship with Jack and Sam. Those regulations are really and truly Military regulations and cannot be changed. The Air Force was working with Stargate series to help keep things straight and in line with the military. SO! no changing the rules!
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Jack/Sam shipper, really, but their dilemma made the whole thing much more interesting. Without the rules they would have jumped right into bed at the first opportunity. Mr. Green And than? No longing or sad glances, no quick touches, actually we wouldn't have really seen their deep love for each other as they had been able to live it in their private life. These few moments, in which they allowed to show their feelings for each other were absolutely worth having watched them suffering for years and years and years.............!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Grace Reply with quote

Oboy. Im really glad Im swedish. We are allowed to fall in love and get married, even if you are in the airforce!

and I promise You, it still can be interesting and make Your skin chill and get a glimpse in Your eye!!

But back to Sam and Jack: The actors really acts good and makes it belivable!!
Faron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same in Germany!

My hubby and me met in our active periode of service at the Navy and got married two years before I quite to give birth to my first daughter (in norway Laughing.
banlu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The military has basically two rules about fraternization. Officers and enlisted personnel cannot date at all. Officers can date each other, unless they are in a direct chain of command. This is to prevent abuse of power by the superior officer. There are two concerns - favoritism if the relationship is going well, retaliation if it isn't.

The first one doesn't apply to Jack and Sam, but the second one does. So if Sam was working up in NORAD instead o fthe SGC, the AF would have no problem with them getting together.

Even though the feelings between Jack and Sam were obvious to Hammond, one reason he may have chosen to overlook it is that Daniel adn Teal'c aren't military, so they aren't obligated to follow Jack's orders. So if Jack didn't treat Sam fairly, they could call him on it in a way a subordinate officer or enlisted personnel could not.

But I think it's interesting that while Sam hallucinated Daniel and Teal'c in BDU's, she put Jack in his civvies. Remember, this episode is from Sam's POV - so she was the one who felt she couldn't take the first step; who didn't think Jack should retire; who thought waiting for Jack (especially since they had never actually discussed the topic) was a way for her to avoid a 'real relationship'; who thought Jack couldn't make her happy.

But we never really learned how Jack felt about their situation, since that wasn't him. Just like the whole Lazarus episode was from the blue crystal's POV - we learned the facts of Charlie's death, and Sara's and her father's opinions of his behavior, but none of the 'emotional growth' was Jack's.

banlu --> shipper who lurves angsty UST

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining the Army facts, Banlu! Rather interesting and I agree with you, we can find the same procedure in Germany.

When we meet Rick next time we should ask him about that point: Jacks thoughts about a relationship with Sam. Hallucinations?! Which episode are you referring to, Banlu?
banlu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faron wrote:
Thanks for explaining the Army facts, Banlu! Rather interesting and I agree with you, we can find the same procedure in Germany.

When we meet Rick next time we should ask him about that point: Jacks thoughts about a relationship with Sam. Hallucinations?! Which episode are you referring to, Banlu?

Grace, of course!

Whether or not Sam was communicating with the cloud entity through the appearance of Jack, Daniel, Teal'c and Jacob, or just suffering from a concussion, those others weren't actually there. So they were hallucinations.

banlu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that makes sense: it seem so that I never saw this episode on TV not to mention on DVD. Time to make it up Embarassed
Belathne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faron wrote:
Ok, that makes sense: it seem so that I never saw this episode on TV not to mention on DVD. Time to make it up Embarassed

OMG, you haven't seen Grace??? Shocked The best of all kisses!!! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so its worth a search for this episode? ok! Ill try Smile
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banlu wrote:

But we never really learned how Jack felt about their situation, since that wasn't him.

There was a hint of how he felt in Divide and Conquer. Remember when he was retested?

Pam

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
Belathne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both loved each other with the same intensity, but Jack was better in hiding it (he's a man), because the last thing he wanted was that Sam gives up her career because of him. He always was of the opinion that he isn't good enough for her. Sam would have needed only a tiny little hint that his feelings for her are as deep as hers for him, but Jack has become just perfect over the years in suppressing them. No, wait, I'm absolutely sure that he kissed Sam on her neck in Heroes II.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay glad you guys are replying to this.

About the rules civilians that work for the military do have to follow orders. Yes those regulations are real and neither Sam or Jack would cross the line, as much as they want to. They have too much integrity and are professionals.

Banlu I love your comment on how she imagined Daniel and Teal'c in uniform and Jack in civies. I really had not paid much attention to that.

the kiss YES YES the best!!

I also love the angst and sexual tension between them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: