RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOLMac clarification

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacBeth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: LOLMac clarification Reply with quote

Iím posting this here because I realised I really needed to clear up a possible confusion. Kate, if this thread belongs somewhere else, please move it as you see fit.

In the Facebook fraud thread, I got the following remark:
macjackfan wrote:

You do put a lot of work into everything you make, including your videos which I really love too!

Thereís more than one Beth in RDA fandom, and I really donít want to claim credit for anyone elseís work! I am not the Beth who does the videos. Sheís usually known as stargatesg1971, and she runs the following excellent sites:

www.stargatesg1971.com (Stargate)
www.macsyourman.com (MacGyver)

The Other Beth has been in Stargate fandom much longer than I have. She knows about me: sheís been one of my best sources for screencaps, and occasionally visits the Livejournal site where I have my LOLMac gallery.

Iím the Beth who does the LOLMacs. Iíve been doing them since 2007. I occasionally post some here on the forums, but my master gallery is here:

http://lolmac.livejournal.com

I post a new LOLMac on that site every weekday.

Iím always happy to see anyone visiting my LOLMac gallery (you can comment there without having a LiveJournal account). You can use the images or the icons as you wish, as long as you let me know and credit me. I also have a LiveJournal account where I write about life and writing, mostly writing: http://bethinexile.livejournal.com/.

I donít do vids at all and have a very deep respect for those who do. I write fanfiction (mostly MacGyver, some Stargate), and I use the screen name MacBeth, sometimes rendered as Macbedh, LOLBeth or ĎBeth (the Mac is silent)í.

Iím not the only person doing LOLs from Stargate, but I bet Iím the most prolific (I posted LOL #1000 on April 25, 2011). I got the idea from LOLCats, of course, but I started posting before the launch of ROFLRazzi, so I was ahead of the curve there. I also started making them before I had seen anyone else doing so. I have a very specific and identifiable style, and I embed a fake URL, Ďicanhastofu.comí (or a variation thereof) in all my posted LOLs.

Other Fun Facts about the LOLMacs:
With the deeply appreciated help of several enthusiastic friends, I gave away over 500 of them (as small laminated pins) at Gatecon, MTM, and other events.
Iíve personally given LOLs to Amanda Tapping and Barry Campbell, both of whom are adorable people.
I have never had the opportunity to give one to RDA. I am told that he did see them, was somewhat confused by them, but thought they were funny. (Who could ask for more?)

Macjackfan, thank you very very much for all the sweet things you said about my LOLs! I'm glad you enjoy them, and that it's inspired you to make your own as well!

Iím on Facebook as Beth Owen: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002491838779. The profile picture is of me in costume, sitting on Baíalís throne at Gatecon 2008. Iím utterly happy to be Friends there, or on LiveJournal, with anyone from the forums here.

However, a disclaimer: my FB profile is actually in violation of their TOS. For professional reasons, I am actually forbidden from social media activity under my own name, which leaves me in a bind; my choice was to create a profile under the name I use in RDA fandom.

http://lolmac.livejournal.com
http://community.livejournal.com/bethinexile/
KatXander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^

I didn't realize you were on FB too!

I go by stupid silly names on Live Chat here, because there are a ton of Pats, including my own son (P2), and Kat is too close to Kate's nick. You don't find too many Quetzalcoatls or Tepeyollotls on Chat, so I choose those.

Check and make sure you don't have someone using your LOLs on Cafe Press. There's a lot of stealing going on lately. Yay for being prolific! We do love it, and you & your LOLs.

Hug-
Pat
Fandango

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With the deeply appreciated help of several enthusiastic friends, I gave away over 500 of them (as small laminated pins) at Gatecon, MTM, and other events.
And I am still enjoying mine! Thanks for the smiles!
macjackfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: TOS Reply with quote

Hey Beth,
Just saw your post. Thanks for clearing up all the information. As I said, with so many Beths, it gets confusing. lol

Thanks for posting that link to your FB site. That's bad about that TOS stuff. That's Terms Of Service right? I told a friend that I guess they don't want people infringing on other people's rights, but those things are a pain. Mad I hate when that happens. But I didn't know FB had such strict rules about things like that. That's interesting. But good to know. Smile

You're welcome for the compliments on your pictures. They are really funny! I confess that I haven't been to your site for awhile, but I'll be sure to check back to see what new things you have done.

That's really sweet that you made those buttons for everyone at that convention. I know they really appreciated that. Too bad you couldn't give your buttons to Rick in person but glad he liked them. Very Happy You're right, that's quite an honor that he saw them. Smile

I'll be sure to go to your FB site and add you as a friend. Very Happy

Thanks for directing me to this page. Smile

Hope to see more of your LOLMac pictures. I'll try to post some of mine on FB so you can see them. Wink

Take Care and HUGS!

Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: LOLMac clarification Reply with quote

i enjoy the lols, though it is a bit difficult to understand sometimes..
Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: