RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wylie sings
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArianeH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Wylie sings Reply with quote

[link temporarily removed]

Daddy could be proud ! Razz Wink

Quote:

Note added by Kate:

Since this was posted hours ago, it's probably all over the internet by now, but allow me to mention what happened earlier this weekend for those who missed it.

On Saturday, RDA posted what seemed to be an innocent enough tweet that included the Twitter IDs for Wylie and Chloe. Within minutes, both Wylie's and Chloe's accounts were flooded by RDA fans who started following them. Suddenly, two little girls couldn't tweet to their friends anymore because they were being followed by strangers, and within an hour, RDA removed his tweet, Wylie removed the links from her account to her website, and finally both Wylie's and Chloe's accounts were canceled altogether.

I'm sure dad is proud of his daughter, but what happened on Saturday makes me think that he wants her to be able to be a little girl and not have to deal with living under a microscope at such a young age.

PLEASE let's grant Wylie her childhood and not publicly spread around her personal details unless RDA specifically makes the decision to promote something she has done.

I'm sure there are many here who will continue to follow her, both online and in person, and who will continue to spread those details, but when moderating posts here, I have to consider what RDA himself would feel is appropriate.

With this in mind, I have removed the link above, but I'll put it back if RDA seems to feel that it is something he wants to have promoted.

Thanks for understanding.

Kate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have seen it this morning but wasn´t sure if to post it.

wylie is fantastic.

http://richarddeanandersonsg.plusboard.de
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy will get lots of fun with her in future. Much more than he needs, I bet!!!! Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

62 clicks now... when i saw it this morning she had just 17...

http://richarddeanandersonsg.plusboard.de
abearatemysister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: I hope RDA doesn't mind it being on YouTube. Reply with quote

I think Wylie has a very lovely voice. It must be nice to be so talented and so young yet. When I sing, everyone runs away. I watched she and her cousin, I think her cousin has a stronger voice but Wylie's will get stronger as she gets older. For her age, she's quite good. Such lovely songs they both choose. Good taste in that. Wylie is such a beauty, such natural beauty!
Good luck to both of them with their singing/acting careers. Very Happy
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh to be that young and talented.

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
malibugal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Wylie sings Reply with quote

I knew she could sing well having seen her in the "Nutcracker this past December (The performance where she broke her foot). Her stage presentation was exceptional and YES ! she is extremely pretty. She has a good number of stage productions to her credit from around the area.

I've kept and eye on her since she reminds me so much of my daughter when she was young.
KateR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By way of explanation, I'm repeating the note that I added to Ariane's post above:

Since this was posted hours ago, it's probably all over the internet by now, but allow me to mention what happened earlier this weekend for those who missed it.

On Saturday, RDA posted what seemed to be an innocent enough tweet that included the Twitter IDs for Wylie and Chloe. Within minutes, both Wylie's and Chloe's accounts were flooded by RDA fans who started following them. Suddenly, two little girls couldn't tweet to their friends anymore because they were being followed by strangers, and within an hour, RDA removed his tweet, Wylie removed the links from her account to her website, and finally both Wylie's and Chloe's accounts were canceled altogether.

I'm sure dad is proud of his daughter, but what happened on Saturday makes me think that he wants her to be able to be a little girl and not have to deal with living under a microscope at such a young age.

PLEASE let's grant Wylie her childhood and not publicly spread around her personal details unless RDA specifically makes the decision to promote something she has done.

I'm sure there are many here who will continue to follow her, both online and in person, and who will continue to spread those details, but when moderating posts here, I have to consider what RDA himself would feel is appropriate.

With this in mind, I have removed the link above, but I'll put it back if RDA seems to feel that it is something he wants to have promoted.

Thanks for understanding.

Kate
ArianeH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem! I understand very well and I'm sorry to hear what happened on saturday Rolling Eyes Confused

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate,

Is it ok if I re-post your post on other forums/networking sites? Since this situation is going on other places and, personally, I couldn't agree with you more and would like this message to get out.
KateR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allie wrote:
Kate,

Is it ok if I re-post your post on other forums/networking sites? Since this situation is going on other places and, personally, I couldn't agree with you more and would like this message to get out.

I don't mind if you share my post. Of course, what is permitted on other forums would depend on the individual moderators. But perhaps if people are aware of the uncomfortable situation last weekend, they will demonstrate some discretion on their own.

Kate
Allie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I hope will happen.

I feel that some of what you shared here is of a slight personal nature and for taht I for one am grateful. While I'm sure no harm was intended by the massive follows, the info will go a long way to convince his fans to make the extra effort to stick to the actor and allow a child her childhood.
Belathne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the bigger problem was revealing the twitter IDs by mistake. Honestly I cannot understand why RDA-fans follow his daughter on twitter. I bet that a 12 year old girl has more interesting stuff to tweet than information about her Daddy and she certainly doesn't need to get tweets from strangers, who only contact her, because she is the daughter of RDA. Her account is not RDA's second twitter ID. Both girls can start with new accounts now, but it won't be the same for them. The fun is ruined for quite some time.

With actions like that we could possibly scare RDA away from Twitter, as it is important for him to protect his own private life and the life of his daughter. Do we want that?

The youtube video is different. Wylie wanted to show the world her talent and she's done that pretty good. I only hope that her father knew that before she posted her video.
It's a good idea that you removed the link Kate, as the Andersons seem to have got enough attention right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but Daddy should have known better after that picture tweet thing from last year. Rolling Eyes Maybe Wylie should make him clear all his future tweets through her LOL

That man and technology really don't seem to mix, do they?

banlu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banlu wrote:
Yeah, but Daddy should have known better after that picture tweet thing from last year. Rolling Eyes Maybe Wylie should make him clear all his future tweets through her LOL

That man and technology really don't seem to mix, do they?

banlu

Don't talk him out of Twitter banlu. Evil or Very Mad Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: