RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just watched....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMCStar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Just watched.... Reply with quote

The last episode of sg1.

I have got to say, I was disappointed.

Why Vala fell for Daniel when he basically tore strips of her emotionally making her cry. Even though she made her feelings clear to the viewer early on. I would have preferred her and Cam.

The so called subtle relationship between Telc and Sam, I must have had my eyes closed. Never saw it.

Not one mention of Jack even though I thought he needed a nod somewhere. The fifty years yikes. But glad I never saw this at the time as I would have been screaming at the TV at no mention of Jack.

What are other people's thoughts on it?

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure whether I've seen the last episode at all. I stopped watching STARGATE regulary during season 9 and watched only from time to time. It wasn't that interesting anymore for me without O'Neill.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the last episode either, that's why I was so happy that The Ark Of Truth washed away its bad taste. Daniel and Vala? *shudders* I cannot stand that pairing, thank goodness it was only just for one episode. Not just the pairing, but the writing disappointed me too. Daniel talking to Vala like that seemed so much out of character that it was jarring. On one hand I understood his attitude, Vala has manipulated him before, remember when she was waiting for him in his bed, lying to him to provoke his sympathy for her? She is an interesting person, but a cheater, liar and manipulator. She had to be in order to survive, and she changed a lot since, but to me she seems very unsuitable for Daniel. She is hard to trust.
I don't know why the writers made him so harsh, he sounded like a total a**hole, the whole scene I found unbelievable and false.
So along with Meridian, Unending is another episode I only watched once. Crying or Very sad
xena

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Just watched.... Reply with quote

i wish there was some (or a lot) jack in the end.. in that way i was disapointed too. but the other stuff was ok.. not amazing but ok..
AMCStar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figgy wrote:
I didn't like the last episode either, that's why I was so happy that The Ark Of Truth washed away its bad taste. Daniel and Vala? *shudders* I cannot stand that pairing, thank goodness it was only just for one episode. Not just the pairing, but the writing disappointed me too. Daniel talking to Vala like that seemed so much out of character that it was jarring. On one hand I understood his attitude, Vala has manipulated him before, remember when she was waiting for him in his bed, lying to him to provoke his sympathy for her? She is an interesting person, but a cheater, liar and manipulator. She had to be in order to survive, and she changed a lot since, but to me she seems very unsuitable for Daniel. She is hard to trust.I don't know why the writers made him so harsh, he sounded like a total a**hole, the whole scene I found unbelievable and false.
So along with Meridian, Unending is another episode I only watched once. Crying or Very sad

I agree with Daniels characterison. Very unnerving. Yes Vala minipulated of people including Daniel. But he didn't have to go as fa as he did.As for the Ark of Truth. I watched it a few weeks ago, for me, it dragged. Started off well but again I was disappointed.

I thought both movies had Jack and not just Continuum. I can't warm to Cam, to me the actor just played the same as Farscape.
Was I the only one who thought Jack should have been in Continuum more? A few times during the movie I thought, oh here he comes, but nope.

I guess that's why SGU failed. Need characters like Jack, Carter, Daniel and Telc. Also hardly any gate use and depressing scenes with one dimensional characters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Just watched.... Reply with quote

xena wrote:
i wish there was some (or a lot) jack in the end.. in that way i was disapointed too. but the other stuff was ok.. not amazing but ok..

They just didn't tie up that one loose end, so to speak.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: