RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you know ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ben-j

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Do you know ? Reply with quote

Hi everybody.

Always Happy to be here and wish everybody is OK. i read always news about my favourite actor RDA but i'm absent here and my english still always so bad.

ok, i wanna ask you a question, which can be something bizarre for you but it's very interesting and important for me.

so, DO YOU KNOW, WHO ARE THE BERBER OR IMAZIGHEN ?

Please, be free to tell all what you know, and please participate.

just a small indication, film stargate of Roland Emmerich in 1994 (first time daniel met Scara with his brother).

Ben-j

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do I know of the Berber (I did look up Imazighen, and see it's the name they call themselves)? Not that much.

Well, they are a non-Arabic people of the the deserts of North Africa who were mostly converted to Islam early on. They are the breeders of the Barb horses (which are not Arabians, either!). They were mostly nomadic, don't know how settled they've become since I learned that in school (almost 40 years ago Rolling Eyes ).

So, that's all I know of the Berbers.

banlu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you banlu for your answer, i'll wait if others want to participate.

yes, all nomadic people in desert of north africa are Berbers, and their first language is always Berber before arabic one.

do you remember in stargate movie when Daniel meet scara and his brother he tells to jack that their language seems to be Berber language before to say that is old egypt one. Actually i'm speaking this language (my native language).

pharaons of 22nd and 23rd Dynasty are berbers.

BR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there's any place left on earth that doesn't recognize RDA (though they may call him MacGyver Wink )

Sorry, I don't remember that scene from the movie. I've never watched it all at once, I just see parts of it if I run into it while changing channels. But since there's no RDA, I usually keep going when I get to a part I know I've seen. Rolling Eyes

banlu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Do you know ? Reply with quote

never heard of them.. i didn't watch the original film unfortunately could not, despite all my efforts.. i thought they were some arab people or just a made up race for the movie.
are they talking really berbers language in the movie or in sg-1? i would like to know..
ben-j

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Do you know ? Reply with quote

xena wrote:
never heard of them.. i didn't watch the original film unfortunately could not, despite all my efforts.. i thought they were some arab people or just a made up race for the movie.
are they talking really berbers language in the movie or in sg-1? i would like to know..

Hi xena, thanx for your answer.
Berbers (imazighen) are not arabic people, they lived in north africa since 10 000 years, and the muslims invasions starts in the 7 century (750 A.C), and it is not a made up race of the movie, i'm one of them, and actually there are around 50 millions of amazigh peaople in north africa from egypt to morocco.

in the movie they didn't talk berber language, it was the ancient eqypte, but when daniel hear them for the first time he said it seems to be the berber language of northern african because the two languages are almost similar.

here one of the famous amazigh song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCpc7ch4nd4
enjoy

do you know who's Zinedine Zidane ??? he is berber (amazigh)

regards
ben-j

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banlu wrote:
I wonder if there's any place left on earth that doesn't recognize RDA (though they may call him MacGyver Wink )
banlu

Yeh Banlu, i don't think there is a place in the world that doesn't recognize RDA, i'm fan of him since Mc Giver, but with SG1 he really became my favourite actor.

ben-j
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: