RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Events From Gabit Events - Meet the Man and Sanctuary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockluvva

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...plane ticket - expensive. Venue more than likely to be expensive. Ticket - expensive. Do I care????? An RDA Con all to himself?????

Am certainly gonna give it a shot - faaar too good an opportunity to miss! Hope my internet connection is up to it once the announcement is made - BOY I/it will have to be quick!!!

Better start early!

*poised*
Linda Mary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: GABIT w/RDA Reply with quote

Gotta agree with banlu -- what a brave man is RDA! But, his appearance close to the Sanctuary For Kids project can give it a boost (which I think he would only do for a trusted friend like AT); and he seems to enjoy schmoozing with his fans -- nutso tho we are!

I will absolutely make an effort to get a ticket to the MTM event. Vancouver is a great place as many of you already know! LMN
mccormick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was going to leave this alone, but on UK LIVE CHAT tonight some people where not happy with RDAs response not just to this but in general, some think they are being sincered in what they say, I have not found this to be true in anything I write, I do speak my mind, I am a fan of RDA but will say if I think he is in the wrong and have done so in the past.

I beleave I am right in saying I posted hear before the updates from KateR, which is why I posted in the first place, KatXander may well be right I don't know, what I said was if this was meet the man then it means RDA not star-gate or MacGyver but RDA this means he has control over who puts the news out, I am Disappointed that RDA did not let KateR put this news on his OWN website first, As for PMs being censored, KateR can you bring some light on this, does this happen, we all think PMs are private
pix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey what an opportunity, wouldn't that be fabulous, ah not many tickets available. Kat you should go and take those little guys with you! If only I could win the lotto... Wink

pix
malibugal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ,James, PMs have been scrutinized at times. I know because some sent by friends ended up that way. Communicating with them showed that.
NewFanLovesRDA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I don't understand what all the fuss is about, and that's okay; I'm not sure I want to. Perhaps RDA is traveling or working somewhere at the moment and couldn't email KateR with whatever you expected to hear. Remember some recent post where he mentioned wanting to take Wylie on a trip? Well, it's summer and he'll be shooting a movie come late summer or early fall. Perhaps he's on vacation with his daughter before his schedule is cluttered with work. I can imagine him letting his agents/representatives/whatever handle the details about public appearances, including announcements of convention attendance, etc. We all have our private lives and so does RDA. Yes, we are fans, and we still won't be privy to every little thing happening in his life. None of us knows every little thing happening in the rest of our lives, either.

I think it's a treat when we hear from RDA. Not too many fans have the kind of interaction we have.
Becky_Preen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the attitude of some posters here very surprising and have been rather upset to see such criticism of the what an only be described as miniscule ( ie very very small) delay in the information being posted to this site.

I contacted Kate with the press release but it had the proviso that it had to appear on GABITs own website first and that there might be a last minute change.

As the event organiser it would be ridiculous and VERY VERY confusing to all attendees to have information about one of our own events not shown on our own website in the absolute first place. Especially as the main reference link given for both the events is to gabits own website.

Being in several different time zones it is impossible to simultaneously release information on every applicable site at exactly the same time. In fact it took us alone nearly an hour to update fully all the sites and lists on the distribution list. RDAnderson.com was number two on my list ( GABITevents being number one and someone else handling Sanctuary for all.

In this particular case, Kate was ready to post the update "as soon" as I was able to release the information. As we were posting the same release about two different events in one go, and a last minute change was needed on something, Kate and I agreed that she would wait until she saw me post on the forum before going ahead with the formal update.

Yes there was a small delay in Kate getting the update posted but it was more due to her not being able to sit at her computer every second for the rest of the day waiting for the go ahead from me than anything else.

The alternative was that I did not post the information at all here, and that RDAs Fans here would then have not known at all until Kate could post the update. As it is the Amanda Tapping webmaster is away for the weekend so the information won't go up there until he gets back.

Every event organiser will update their own sites and pages first, with the official guest sites following on when they are able.

In this case this horrible delay you seem to think happened was in fact little more than an a blip so please don't criticise Richard or Kate.

Further updates to this information about MTM will be posted here in this thread by me as soon as I am able which will often mean in the middle of the night for Kate. I am not going to wake her up, nor am I going to delay information being distributed elsewhere. If you think this is wrong we are going to have to agree to disagree and move on.

I now return you to your happy bouncing and look forward to giving you more information when it is released.

Best Wishes
Becky Preen
Gabit Events Director of Operations
Gerda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that.

Thanks Becky for your post and explanation.

To sad you had to to this though. There's no need to be angry and I dont understand that people are:?

Becky wrote:
Quote:
es there was a small delay in Kate getting the update posted but it was more due to her not being able to sit at her computer every second for the rest of the day waiting for the go ahead from me than anything else.

I a gree with you Becky.

It was just a little delay and why angry because it was a little delay.

I have thanked Kate for the new update here when I saw she made an update.

I think there's no need to be angry at Kate or Rick.

thanks Becky and thanks Kate for the news on MTM Very Happy

I know already I am not able to go, but thats because I can afford it.
I know there no prices have been mentioned yet, but I checked about a plane ticket to vancouver and that alone was so much I cant afford it ,so for me I cant go, but I am glad Rick is doing these things, and he is willing to be on his own there for a few hundred people to meet. His fans.

Thats great Very Happy

I think lots of people always hoped he would do these things and now he is doing it Very Happy thats realy awesome.

Have a good Sunday Becky and hope you are able to relax a bit too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Becky. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccormick wrote:
was going to leave this alone, but on UK LIVE CHAT tonight some people where not happy

Sadly, there will always be "some people" who are not happy.

Back when RDA appeared at one of his first Sea Shepherd fundraisers, "some people" voiced their outrage that "he only wants to meet rich people." Shortly afterward, Avalon was announced, and instead of celebrating an opportunity to meet him, "some people" were angered that "he only wants to thank fans in England and not the US." Then there was Gatecon, and once again "some people" were furious that tickets were limited and "he doesn't want to meet with all the fans." Now GABIT has announced an event, and I suppose I should not be surprised that "some people" are disappointed because "RDA should have made the announcement himself."

There is just no pleasing "some people." And there is really no response that would make them happy.

mccormick wrote:
As for PMs being censored, KateR can you bring some light on this, does this happen, we all think PMs are private

malibugal wrote:
Yes ,James, PMs have been scrutinized at times. I know because some sent by friends ended up that way. Communicating with them showed that.

Seriously? PMs were sent and they had been edited by the time they were received?

I have not bothered to read anyone else's private messages - I have better ways to spend my day. But a statement like this makes me wonder. While software glitches are certainly possible, usually the people who leap instead to conspiracy theories are the people who have something to hide. Are there private messages being sent that *should* be censored? *Should* I be monitoring private messages as well?

If you honestly have evidence that a private message was sent and censored, then that would indicate a security breach in which some third party with nothing better to do had hacked in to the system to edit messages. I don't believe it, but if inappropriate messages are being sent or edited, then obviously the solution would be to shut down the private message feature altogether.

It seems to me that "some people" should stop allowing themselves to be manipulated and should learn to ask questions rather than to spread accusations and rumors.

Kate
KatXander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate, I just think that "some people" simply cannot be pleased, no matter what you do...

Kat
jooredd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: New Events From Gabit Events - Meet the Man and Sanctuary Reply with quote

Dear all

This is my first post on this wonderful website so please be gentle!

To be honest I felt the need to respond to the "negative" attitude being displayed by a very small minority of fans over the announcement of this event.

Perhaps GABIT did announce it slightly ahead of Kate, is it really that much of an issue for some folk?

Perhaps also GABIT have the "right" to announce it primarily being that they are the ones (and Paul Brown at Legends) who have organised it in the first place?, not wishing to upset anyone here, but voicing an opinion Smile

We must also not forget that it was GABIT and Paul Brown who organised the first SG1 fan event in which RDA chose to attend, (Avalon in 2007) for a lucky few hundred people (I was one of them Very Happy ), perhaps the fans at this event showed the correct behaviour and respect to maybe sway RDA to be comfortable enough to attend future events of this kind and to give more people the opportunity to "Meet the Man", to all who organised this and GateCon 2008, thank you!

In all, I do not understand the "negative" response from some for the timing of this announcement, I just want to thank Kate for running this fantastic website of an inspiring man, and for the good people who organise these events who give those who admire RDA the opportunity of meeting him, however briefly, along with those who choose to follow "The Man"

Take care all.
HeJa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KateR wrote:

I have not bothered to read anyone else's private messages - I have better ways to spend my day. But a statement like this makes me wonder. While software glitches are certainly possible, usually the people who leap instead to conspiracy theories are the people who have something to hide.

Do you realy say that a software glitch deletes a new topic AND a PM at the same time and no other topics AND PM's are affected?

WOW, I never thought that software glitches could be a such selecting software and that not for the first time. Maybe soft- and hardware are progressiver these days as I thought.

Kate
Quote:
... then obviously the solution would be to shut down the private message feature altogether.

For this comment we have a speeking in german:
Ein Schelm der Böses denkt.

The not so good translating for the speeking is:
Honni soit qui mal y pense.
KateR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeJa wrote:
Do you realy say that a software glitch deletes a new topic AND a PM at the same time and no other topics AND PM's are affected?

Do you have a better explanation? I have not deleted any new topics (at least not since last year), and I have never deleted any private messages ever. If someone has been experiencing a problem, they would be better served to write and ask if something is wrong rather than trying to spread rumors and lies.

I did, however, remove your post with profanity from last week. It was unnecessary and simply another of your many attempts to stir up discontent for your own amusement. Fortunately, most people have enough sense not to get sucked in.

Quote:
For this comment we have a speeking in german:
Ein Schelm der Böses denkt.

The not so good translating for the speeking is:
Honni soit qui mal y pense.

And we have a similar saying: What goes around comes around. You might well heed your own words, HeJa. You may repeatedly try and fail to stir up trouble here, but I'm afraid you can't manufacture a conspiracy where none exists.

Kate
Sairalindë

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dearest Kate,
You have my deepest appreciation of what you do.
I have bought a book called, “Managing Online Forums” by Patrick O’Keefe just to get an idea what it takes to run and manage a forum, I have been thinking of managing one of a different subject and not necessarily Hollywood related. If everyone on this forum took a look at this book to how much it takes to run one of these communities, they would be more quite understanding. Keeping up a forum is hard work let alone keeping up a website up. I know this is not what you do; you have your life responsibilities as well.
I thank you for your time and talents here. I was going to send this as a PM, but decided to do this publicly. I want to thank you too, Becky, for you time to come here with the announcement. Whether we can go to see Richard or not, it is irrelevant. Just knowing what Richard will be up to matters to me. If anyone realizes this occasion which Richard is attending is a few days after Wylie’s birthday. When I read the announcement the first time here, Wylie’s birthday was the first thing that came to mind, because August is her birthday month.
Very Happy

(((((BIG HUGS TO KATE, BECKY & RICHARD)))))

Always praying for Richard and his family.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: