RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Events From Gabit Events - Meet the Man and Sanctuary
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Becky_Preen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: New Events From Gabit Events - Meet the Man and Sanctuary Reply with quote

GABIT Events are thrilled to be able to announce that we have teamed up with our good friends LEGENDS Memorabilia and been working feverishly to bring you a pair of very special events in Vancouver in 2010.

From 30th July – 1st August 2010 we are pleased to be able to bring you the first Official Sanctuary Event –“The Sanctuary Experience”. This Event will involve the main cast, directors, writers and as many of the other talented people at Sanctuary productions who are able to drop in over the course of the weekend. The Charity to benefit from this event will be Amanda’s new Charity Initiative “Sanctuary for Kids” We will bring you further details about this event shortly.

From 5th – 8th August 2010, we are thrilled to bring you “Meet the Man (MTM)”. This will be Richard Dean Andersons’ first one man event. The event will kick off on Thursday 5th August with an exclusive cocktail party for 80 lucky Charmed Pass holders. These optional extra ticket upgrades are highly sought after and allow for entry to the cocktail party dinner which Richard will attend and circulate the tables. For all attendees there will then follow three full days of activities. The ticket price will include all the main hall activities as well as one in person autograph from Richard and a professionally taken photograph opportunity for every attendee. The format for the Event will be similar to Amanda’s GABIT AT Events, with the number of attendees limited to around 350 only.

More details regarding the process for registering your interest in tickets for either of these Events and ticket prices will be available shortly.

Please watch the GABIT forum and website (www.gabitevents.co.uk), Legend’s website, www.legends-memorabilia.com.
Gateworld’s forums, Amanda’s official website (www.amandatapping.com) and Richard’s official website (www.rdanderson.com) where any further announcements will be made.

Best wishes
The G4 and the Legends Team
banlu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

Sounds like fun for whomever's lucky enough to get tickets.

banlu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DID I miss an update, this is something everyone has been asking about, not so much this one, but RDA meeting fans, in general,

could RDA not have let Kate know first, that he was doing this, disapointed in the man I am, this is second hand news to his own website

if I have missed an update from Kate I am sorry if not RDA should be, I will chack the updates to see brb, no May 12th was the last, RDA said he would not be atending a convention
KatXander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James, for heaven's sake, you have to understand that Kate CANNOT release information like that until the official announcements are made, otherwise she could get into trouble.

Kat
MacsChick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I wish I could go, but alas, it isn't meant to be. Sad

--The Black Corsage
mccormick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat in this case I think it said meet the man RDA, not as Jack or MacGyver but the MAN, this means he controls not StarGate or MacGyver or whoever makes them but RDA

Kate if I am wrong I will say sorry, is this through Stargate or MacGyver or is it though an other or has RDA set this up for one off his causes?
Gerda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kate for the update

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

James come on lighten up.
James look again at kate's updates.

GABIT Events - "Meet the Man" 2010
June 19, 2009

Kate does have an update with this news so.

Why so angry Confused

This is good news Very Happy
And besides I dont understand why your so mad ad Rick Confused

James I do not realy understand why Jack of Stargate or MacGyver has anything to do with this or I must have missed something?

Meet the man is a nice title and I love meeting the man someday.

From 5th – 8th August 2010, we are thrilled to bring you “Meet the Man (MTM)”. This will be Richard Dean Andersons’ first one man event.

I am glad he loves it now, and I wish I could go.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

That is good news, it mean RDA is starting to warm in the convention world, first Avalon in 2006 then Gatecon 2008 and now MTM in 2010 all by himself Very Happy
He said at Gatecon he had a great time and would be back if asked, Gabit and Legends were at Gatecon with him so I suppose they have asked and he will do it.

I am really glad, I hope I can go

Teresa
Fandango

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol! Well, I have to admit that I can sorta kind of see where James is coming from.... My first reaction when reading the top post was a bit of a "what the...???" And "that came from left field!" ....Then I looked in my e-mail! Ooookay, so I live a little backwards. Guess it's all in the timing.....

Very interesting. So, am I understanding this right?...about 350 people?...and that's all? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Aw jeeze...... Likelihood of getting a ticket, not good. Hope they have an anti-scalping system in place...........
banlu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fandango wrote:
Lol! Well, I have to admit that I can sorta kind of see where James is coming from.... My first reaction when reading the top post was a bit of a "what the...???" And "that came from left field!" ....Then I looked in my e-mail! Ooookay, so I live a little backwards. Guess it's all in the timing.....

Very interesting. So, am I understanding this right?...about 350 people?...and that's all? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Aw jeeze...... Likelihood of getting a ticket, not good. Hope they have an anti-scalping system in place...........

You didn't do it backwards, since this was posted before Kate updated the front of the site. Besides, she has nothing to do with GABIT, so this may have come as a surprise even to her, since she only knows what people choose to tell her - or, as it seems to be fin the case of good ol' what's-his-name Wink , what he remembers to tell her LOL

Anyway, this group was involved with running Avalon, and the way they handled the tickets was:

One person could buy up to four tickets, but they had to provide the name and address of each person getting a ticket (no "I'm Jane Doe and I want 4", but 'I'm Jane Doe, and I want tickets for myself and John Doe, June Bug and Mary Sue"), then we had to show a photo ID when we picked up the ticket. If someone couldn't go, then they had to return the ticket, and it was reassigned to someone on the waiting list.

Besides, the ticket was printed out from an email sent directly to each person only a few days before the event, so there really was no way to scalp it.

There were over 500 tickets sold for Avalon, for more than 100 people in each session. That meant he and Amanda worked their way around a dozen tables each time. So the cocktail party with only 80 people should give those folks a litttle more time with him.

But as I said about Avalon: if you told me I was going to spend the weekend making small talk with 500 people who think they know me, I'd run for the hills LOL

Brave man, is Rick

banlu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banlu said:

Quote:
making small talk with 500 people who think they know me, I'd run for the hills LOL

Brave man, is Rick

LOL Laughing Laughing yeah your right he's brave.

As much as I love to meet the man I dont think I can.
Its in Vancouver, and from here to there have a ticket and an plane ticket hotel etc is way to much for me and that I cant afford.

I think if your already living in USA or Canada or near by its better. That does not mean its cheap,but better to do I think.

I am not going because I simply cant afford it, Or I must win the lottery.

About this news coming as a surprise. Well yes it was a surprise indeed I think for all of us.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccormick wrote:
could RDA not have let Kate know first, that he was doing this, disapointed in the man I am, this is second hand news to his own website

Whaddayathink, James? Do your own thinking in this.
CathyRas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is not Gatecon? I got email about Gatecon 2010 but I have not actually got to the website yet. been too busy.

I am sure I won't be able to go because if they sell tickets in the next month or so I cannot afford it unless I get a lot of:

"Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner" when I go to Vegas. That does give me more incentive to study Blackjack Strategy and maybe lady luck will shine down on me.

By the way the winner winner chicken dinner is from the movie 21. it's what they were saying whenever they got a Blackjack. Smile

They don't need to put the ticketas on sale yet because I am sure plenty of people won't even be able to consider going but if they wait say 6 months people can save up.

Cathy
banlu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CathyRas wrote:
So this is not Gatecon? I got email about Gatecon 2010 but I have not actually got to the website yet. been too busy.

I am sure I won't be able to go because if they sell tickets in the next month or so I cannot afford it unless I get a lot of:

"Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner" when I go to Vegas. That does give me more incentive to study Blackjack Strategy and maybe lady luck will shine down on me.

By the way the winner winner chicken dinner is from the movie 21. it's what they were saying whenever they got a Blackjack. Smile

They don't need to put the ticketas on sale yet because I am sure plenty of people won't even be able to consider going but if they wait say 6 months people can save up.

Cathy

Yes, these are two different events occuring a month apart.

banlu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccormick wrote:
DID I miss an update, this is something everyone has been asking about, not so much this one, but RDA meeting fans, in general,

if I have missed an update from Kate I am sorry if not RDA should be, I will chack the updates to see brb, no May 12th was the last, RDA said he would not be atending a convention

Deep breath...in and out...and again...and again. There, feel better? Smile

I saw the update on the main web page before coming to the forums...and I agree -- what an opportunity for those who can go!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: