RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate Figures in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down to the centre, we could see telltale signs of the upcoming spring.

As we walked on along the local shops, the village turned out to be quite figure-friendly:

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We continued our window-shopping when suddenly something totally unexpected happened. We popped in one of the shops, where Jack found that nice vintage backpack full of mountaneering equipment. He was so insistent that he left no room for discussion. I simply had to buy it.
Our program for the next day was quite obvious.
Jack let his skis rest, grabbed his new backpack and went on a hike.

I was following on all fours, trying not to slide down...

...while Jack was easily weaving his way through the steep field of ice and rocks.

Is there anything the man canít do?

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paja: Jack?
Jack: Hm?
Paja: Are we there yet?
Jack: Nope.

Paja: Not yet?
Jack: Hold on.

Jack: Come on. Itís a great view from here.
Paja: Heh.

Alright, letís admit it: I was tired, out of breath, hands and knees scraped from rough rocks, clothes wet from the melting firn, head swinging from the high altitude. But would you give up with a mountain guide like this one?

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my utter relief, Jack shrugged off his backpack. A gesture that I loved immediately.

Jack [with a lopsided grin]: Time for a little smackerel of something?

Jack: What a perfect day.
Paja [wheezing]: Indeed.

Jack was either satisfied enough with the climbing exercise or he adapted to my less than excellent condition, I donít know. It didnít matter. The fact was that we didnít climb any higher, but stayed at that rock instead, sitting, enjoying the scenery and listening to the calming sounds of silence. It was like both of us were trying to absorb as much of the beauty before we left for home.

It was the last day of our vacation, the sun was slowly moving down to the horizon, telling us it was time to go. We gathered our equipment, took a last look at the ice kingdom, and started our descent.

Snowy highway leading home.

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick check of the information table approved the winter was receding: +11įC, and those red dots show lifts that have been closed. Their number was constantly growing.

The very last ride. We are saying our goodbye to the mountains.

Farewell Valais!

The weather was crazy this year, but it was a great week anyway.

Jack: Hey. Why don't we take this one too? For Astra?
Paja: Sure thing.

In the next morning, we packed and headed for home. Looking through the car window, lost in memories, full of new experiences, hoping we would come back one day. And carrying this picture in our heads of the winter that turned into summer overnight. Freshly green grass, white mountain-tops and clear blue sky - these are the colours of the Swiss Alps:

--- End of story ---

Thanks for watching. I hope you enjoyed the series.

Another of Jackís winter adventures, a very special one, coming soon!

(And you may already suspect whatís in store for Jack the next time... Wink)
KateR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:

KateR wrote:
I wondered in the first few pictures why his footprints weren't visible in the snow

Oh, right! I forgot! No, wait - the snow was compact, crusty, so Jack didn't leave any footprints there. Wink

But of course! That would be the only logical explanation! Because later, when he was hiking in the fresh snow, he clearly left footprints. (And obviously Paya was still struggling up the mountain and hadn't caught up with him yet.)

We have had a rough winter here on the east coast, and I have had more than my share of snow for the season. Yet your stunning pictures still manage to make me wish I were there in the gorgeous, snowy Swiss Alps.

As always, Paja, thanks for the visit! Smile

Kate
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too, like Kate, have had enough snow this winter but would love to be there in the Alps. Absolutely gorgeous pictures.

Take care

Pam

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
yolie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Awesome photes of your trip with Jack in the Alps Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Awesome photos of your trip in the Alps. looks so beautiful and love the adventures of you and Jack with every storyline and you are so handy with the camara. You must have albums of all your adventures.
Really appreciate your time and effort to bring your memories to us fans. Loved the new backpack you got for Jack, so cute!! Thanks for posting. Razz
Astra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh! I love the backpack! It has real handles which can be used indeed? And you can even take out the things like the water bottle and the other thing Jack has, which name I don't know? That is totally awesome!

Paya wrote:
Jack: Hey. Why don't we take this one too? For Astra?
Paja: Sure thing.

Oh, thank you very much Jack! Highly appreciated. It's quite funny Wink
(But please, tell me you told Paya to buy another backpack for me? Please?)

Paya wrote:
It was a cracker. I ran into it when we stopped at a shop on our way to the mountains. When I spotted a pack of these little baguettes and saw the big pottential they represented, it was without any doubt that I needed to buy them. Very Happy And they were indeed delicious.

Ah! Yeah, that makes sense. And doing a photoshirt first and then having something to nibble is double pleasure!

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62
Page 62 of 62

Jump to: