RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate Figures in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:
I was in Scotland after Christmas, and in Glasgow I bought a bagpipe for Jack:

Perfect, Astra! I always love your ideas and the little accessories you buy for the figures. Have your Scottish guys teached Jack some notes already? Wink

Caty wrote:
Maybe a small harp fits him more? Wink
Can you imagine Jack playing a harp?

Laughing Laughing

How about bodhrŠn? It might suit him quite well.
Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long break, I am resuming the skiing story finally. First, a couple of answers to your comments:
Astra wrote:
Yay new pictures! Okay, the one from inside the ice cave? I just hurt my brain trying to figure out how you did THAT. Only way I can imagine, you did indeed shrink yourself (Honey, I shrunk Paya!) so you were the same size as Jack. It's the only logical explanation, right? Right?

Laughing No, I only put my hand holding the camera inside the cave.
Astra wrote:
I seriously wonder though if you ever manage to get to do some skiing on your own, when you have to follow him all the time.

To be honest, I do it less and less. My skiing seems to have shrunk to mere transferring among locations since I got Jack.
KateR wrote:
Funny thing is, I had no problem imagining that Paya had crawled into the ice cave with Jack. I was simply amazed that she had an exposure that went from shaded to bright sunshine and a depth of field that stayed in focus from a few inches away to infinity.

That is the venerable Panasonic Lumix LX3. A great little camera for action figures. I cannot praise it enough.
Pamk1950 wrote:
I don't ski but I would love to go there just to take in the scenery.

It is definitely worth visiting. And if you don't ski, you may consider going there in summer. It is no less attractive. On the contrary. With the freshly green meadows, colorful flowers, azure lakes and rivers, and white glaciers, there is a lot to see and admire.
Pamk1950 wrote:
(Of course Tiger is now asking for some skis. He wants to be just like Jack.)

LOL Jack says he would be happy if they could ski together.
Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, going on with the story:

Skiing in the Swiss Alps - Part 3

Paja: No, no, no, this is mine.

Jack: It smells so good. Just a piece.
Paja: You have your own baguette.
Jack: You meanie.

A new day, a whole new bunch of possibilities. After rich breakfast, we went out eagerly. Jack was on his usual quest for some attractive terrain.

He was looking for a place away from crowds, and he seemed to find one here. He grabbed his skis and climbed up. No lifts, no helicopters, only this good old, traditional way up on foot.

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reward was exquisite.

A man, mountains, and pristine snow = skiing harmony.

Here Jackís free ride route joined a marked piste, which was actually a narrow path going along a flank of a high cliff.

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It offered great panoramic views.

Jack: Whatcha looking at?
Paja: Iím trying to decipher our way back through this maze of slopes.
Jack: Nah, donít waste your time. Weíll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Paja [mumbling]: Well, it may be too late then.

Jack: What the hell?

Paja: Donít even think of going there. They didnít put the sign here for nothing.
Jack: Bummer.

Jack: I donít get it. Such a beautiful area

Jack couldnít hide his disappointment, but I was adamant. We took a different way down, ran a few empty slopes and had a nice look to another valley. After all, it wasnít that bad a trip. Even for Jack.

Green meadows down the valley contrasting with white mountain tops.

Some parts on our way back lacked snow quite notably, and we inevitably landed on mud.

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next day, bad weather hit again, making us stay at home.
Fortunately, the sky got cleared over the following night, and we woke up into another beautiful day. This time we planned a trip to the farthest corner of the neighbouring valley.

There was a nice set of slopes, and as you can suspect, Jack headed for a certain special one.
When we arrived at the chairlift, I slightly hesitated.

Paja: Jack?
Jack: Donít stand there. Hurry, the chair is coming.
Paja: See the exclamation mark?
Jack: What?
Paja: *sigh*

Poor me. Why am I supposed to follow him whenever he gets his insane ideas?

At least, the ride up on the lift was quite interesting. In the distance, surrounded by high mountains, we could see the impressive construction of The Grande Dixence Dam, which claims to be the tallest gravity dam in the world. From here it seems modest, but when you stand at its base, it makes you feel like a dwarf.

Looking at the other side of the mountain range.

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black slope turned out to be quite lovely, actually. Nicely groomed, no people in sight, beautiful aerial views, overall only positives.
Jack: See? I told ya.

Jack [in a satisfied tone]: Itís like a chute drop. Woohoo!

And he disappeared out of my sight in a flash.

Paja thinking to herself: Hopefully, he noticed that.

As if I didnít say that...

Paja: Jack, you do know whatís behind you, donít you?
Jack: Huh?
Paja: An avalanche! Right there!
Jack [distractedly]: Yeah, whatever.

He was so overwhelmed by the joyful ride that he paid no attention to my warning attempts and just went on through the pristine snow, focusing on the breathtaking scenery.

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paja: Yes, Jack, letís get back to the slope. Before you pull down another mass of snow.

Jack: How about a little refreshment?

You know, the guy does have good ideas sometimes.
We found a nice place down the slope, at a snowpark, got seated comfortably and pulled our snacks.

Jack: Yummy yum.

Jack: You want a bit?
Paja: No, thanks. Iíve got mine.
Jack: Of course you do. Bigger, longer, but far from this delicious gourmet quality.

Did I spot a twinkle behind those shades?

With a full stomach, one can easily become lazy. Not that I mind. Itís great to lie in the pleasant sunshine.

It was one of those precious moments when the time gets still, everything around is calm and quiet, there is no need to hurry and you just go along with it and relax.

After a good half an hour, Jack slowly got up with a grunt.

Paja: Getting back to skiing?
Jack: Yes. I only need to adjust my belt...

Jack: I feel like an inflated balloon.

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empty slopes bathing in the sunshine invited us for joyful exploration. It was probably the best skiing of the whole week.

Moments like these are pure photographerís joy. The guy just fits perfectly to these surroundings.

Descending back home.
MacGyverís words sound in my head: ďThereís something special about the last run of the day. The slopes arenít so crowded, the shadows are longer, and itís sort of peaceful out there.Ē

-- To be continued --
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful as usual Paya. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

Pam

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
Astra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:
Perfect, Astra! I always love your ideas and the little accessories you buy for the figures. Have your Scottish guys teached Jack some notes already? Wink

Thank you! And no, they haven't. They got distracted when suddenly a new guy arrived. I'll show you in an e-mail.

Quote:
How about bodhrŠn? It might suit him quite well.

You can buy him that, I don't want that sound in my house Wink

Thank you for many more nice pictures! Each one is so wonderful and perfect, it is hard to find new words of appreciation. I love how you kept the gun almost until the last minute. Right in the beginning, when Jack wanted a bite of the big baguette, I wondered if I got to see his small one as well. And in the end I did.

What is that even? Did you make it? You probably did, as you make everything, but I have no idea how! It looks perfect and delicious indeed.

I was also wondering what the sign with the little man meant. "Don't wear your hats backwards?" Somehow, it is pointing into the wrong direction, no? *sniggers*

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
KateR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:
I was also wondering what the sign with the little man meant. "Don't wear your hats backwards?" Somehow, it is pointing into the wrong direction, no? *sniggers*

Laughing I thought it was a European or skiing thing I wasn't supposed to get. I read it as "Elf Crossing," but I wondered why the elf was looking over his shoulder too! <g>

As usual, Paya, a spectacular job. The scenery is gorgeous, and I have absolutely no problem imagining that Jack is "real." I wondered in the first few pictures why his footprints weren't visible in the snow, but then once he started skiing, sure enough, there were the ski tracks, all the way down the path with no sign of Paya's footprints anywhere. Amazing!

Thanks for the Sunday morning tour of the Alps!

Kate
tracyj406

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Just Wow! That's almost all I can say! I loved the tracks he left while skiing... made it seem that much more real..(if that makes sense). And the miniature can of Red Bull... I just about died laughing when I saw that! Beautiful job on the pics Paya!

TJ, Northern Ontario, Canada
Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, ladies, for all your comments. You make me both smile and laugh.
Astra wrote:
Right in the beginning, when Jack wanted a bite of the big baguette, I wondered if I got to see his small one as well. And in the end I did. What is that even? Did you make it? You probably did, as you make everything, but I have no idea how! It looks perfect and delicious indeed.

It was a cracker. I ran into it when we stopped at a shop on our way to the mountains. When I spotted a pack of these little baguettes and saw the big pottential they represented, it was without any doubt that I needed to buy them. Very Happy And they were indeed delicious.
KateR wrote:
Astra wrote:

Laughing I thought it was a European or skiing thing I wasn't supposed to get. I read it as "Elf Crossing," but I wondered why the elf was looking over his shoulder too! <g>

Laughing Laughing Laughing See? Obviously, you both have bigger fantasy than me. I clearly saw it as a sign saying "keep off this area". How narrow-minded of me.
(Actually, my general interest of the signs in the mountains has grown over the years. As I found, they are often quite creative and even funny.)
KateR wrote:
I wondered in the first few pictures why his footprints weren't visible in the snow

Oh, right! I forgot! No, wait - the snow was compact, crusty, so Jack didn't leave any footprints there. Wink
Paya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, the conclusion Cool:

Skiing in the Swiss Alps - Part 4

A beautiful evening called for a short walk. We changed our skiing boots for hiking ones and went out to look around our ski resort.

When Jack spotted this, he made a strange soft muffled sound and disappeared instantly out of my sight. I flew down after him without hesitation.

Of course, he couldnít miss the local ice rink, though it was without ice already.

We were alone there, surrounded by a peaceful atmosphere of the setting sun. Jack went into somewhat nostalgic mood when he was observing the bare markings.
I left him alone, to his quiet thoughts.

After a while...
Paja: You okay?
Jack: *cough* Yeah. Just remembered something. Letís go on.
(His slight, sad smile almost made my heart ache.)

Nearby, we found another interesting spot: a training climbing wall. Jack was quickly back to his action self.

With the warm sunset light, it was an excellent combination for a couple of promo shots for Jack OíNeill Sportswear catalogue.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 61 of 62

Jump to: