RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What were you doing??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 374, 375, 376  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tracyj406

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam... I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. {{hugs}} My heart goes out to you and your family.

TJ, Northern Ontario, Canada
Teale

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam, I am so sorry for your loss. It is extremely difficult to watch our loved ones deteriorate physically and mentally. I'm glad your last visit with your husband was on a positive note.

Wishing you and your entire family peace as you share your memories and move on to a new phase in your lives.

Teale
FirstDay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Telly Savalas.
He was a very strong personality; and he had a very distinctive voice.
The song "If", sung (spoken) by him, is in my opinion one of the most beautiful love songs ever.
Found on "YouTube": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arJeEKP8TGY
ritab2610

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Pam, I'm sorry but I just read about your husband. I feel so sorry for your loss, please accept my deepest condoleances. Just remember the good things you had together and when you know he is in a better place now, no pain and other, try to forget the bad situation you and he were in before.
Remember: you're not really dead untill you are forgotten, so as long as you will think of him, he will be at your side. Take care.
xena

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pamk1950 wrote:
As most of the old timers on here know, I've been through a lot this past year with my husband. He was declared incompetent (schizophrenia and dementia) and I had to become his legal guardian. This past year has been filled with a lot of frustration. I found bank accounts and stock holdings he had kept from me for over 35 years.

I went to see him this past Wednesday and he seemed really good. He was acting like the man I fell in love with. My nephew and I were planning on going down to Missouri Friday to see my daughter ride in her first horse show at college. Around 5:30 am Friday, the nursing home called me and said that Ted had a change in status and they had to put him on oxygen. I asked how bad he was and the nurse told me she would have one of the people from hospice care call me. I hadn't heard from them by 7:30 so we headed out on our trip. The home had my cell number, but unfortunately I forgot I had it on vibrate. We were about 90 miles from home when I noticed that I had 3 missed calls. Two were from my daughter Jen and one from the home.

When I called back, the hospice lady said that Ted had trouble breathing and his blood pressure was very low. When I asked her if I should turn around and come back to the home, she said it was up to me. That was followed by her asking me if I had any arrangements made in the event of his passing. It felt like someone punched me in the stomach.

I called my daughter and she drove 6 hours to come home. When we got to the nursing home Saturday, Ted wasn't responding to anything or anyone. We went back Sunday morning and his condition had worsen. It took Jen over a half hour before she was able to go into the room. The memories of being with my sister when she died last October came flooding back. We left around 12:30 with plans to return later that night. We arrived back at our house around 1:30. 15 minutes later, we received a phone call from the home to tell us Ted had just passed - less than 84 hours after I left Wednesday night, happily thinking things were finally going in our favor.

I have to admit that throughout much of this ordeal, I felt very bitter towards my husband. Looking back now, I've realized that most of his actions were the result of the schizophrenia. I can only imagine the demons he was fighting in his mind. At least now, he can sleep in peace.

Pam

oh pam,
i am very sorry for your loss. i wish you patience and peace and i hope only good memories you will remember of him..
and i hope he rests in peace..
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again everyone for you kind comments. I really appreciate them.

Hugs,
Pam

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went on a secret mission for Pat and ended up getting something for Tiger that he's been wishing for, for a long time. "noe ay tan wide upand downs da PeSeeAch haiwa wid Ar dee aye"
[img]

translation: Now I can ride up and down the PCH highway with RDA

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
xena

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys,
i have been really busy with kids and all life stuff lately.
i hope all of you are doing well.

you might have seen some news about my country (Turkey) in the press nowadays. i do not know what your press tells about it but as it is a non-political event, i feel free to share it. for those who would like to learn about what is going on in Turkey from first hand. the following text is written by one of my close friends who is living at the area.

hugs to you all

xena

what is happening in Turkiye?

To my "global" friends, who must be puzzled with my recent posts these few days... What is happening in Turkey?

You may have heard about the unrest in Turkey. There have been demonstrations for support in many cities around the world. I just wanted to drop you this note to reflect it from my eyes, as an ordinary person. It will be a long one - as a wise man put (I guess, Mark Twain...) simply, apologies, have not had the time today to write short

All started as a peaceful protest by a bunch of locals against the decision by the municipality to demolish the only park left in the central Taksim area, to build just another shopping mall. After months of opposing through media & courts, the only response they could receive was "it is decided, will be done" in arrogant pride, thus, the protest came. The group grew in size to roughly a thousand in 3 days, refusing to leave the park, singing, dancing, reading there. At the 4th night, police intervened, with very disproportionate hardness.

Police burnt the tents, pulled the protesters out of the park and barricaded the area. The protest changed shape at that point, turned into an uprise against the policies & attitude of the government, in the person of the prime minister. The severe intervention by the police over such a peaceful, natural right became the very last drop, triggering the reaction that has been building over the last few years against the right-wing islamist party in rule: step by step, they have been attacking the democratic rights. Started with encouraging "judgements" in the society on what is right vs wrong - where right mostly represented the conservative edge. The attitude of prime minister and the cabinet took the form of "we decide - we do - no need for any further justification to anyone". Jails are full of army officials accused of being in prep for a coup-d'etat, and, of journalists who have been vocal with their criticisms. There is no tolerance to any other view than theirs. They are in continuous fight with the values of this and that part of the population - their values vs those of all others.

Thousands of people in Istanbul started to march towards Taksim square in the afternoon on May 31st, from all ethnic origins, all religions, all ages, all sorts of social circles. Media has been censured completely other than 2 independent small tv channels with limited coverage. Social media rolled on - through Facebook, Twitter >> people self-organized. Without any political drive, people simply marched to unite against a regime that ignored basic democratic rights, that followed an agenda of its own and that drove towards a dictatorship under the false appearance of a democratic, liberal government - shouting "enough is enough". All that had been accumulated, swept under the carpet came to be the motivation. Not anymore about the park, this is about democracy, right to exist, right to be oneself, right to live to one's values and desires, and right to express ones views.

And, police responded back, using disproportional power, with pressurized water and extensive use of pepper gas towards people who did not come to fight but to resist, hold their ground, and inch by inch, get closer to Taksim, re-claim the park. Those on the front moved back, not able to take in more - immediately the ones on the back raw took the turn. Municipal, Governor underestimated the dynamics, rather than calling for a step back on the park decision, Police was ordered to apply more pressure, to push back the protestors. Media kept silent. Resistance continued on part of the demonstrators, reaching 100s of thousands across Istanbul. In the morning of Saturday, June 1st, the Bosphorus bridge had thousands of people walking from the Asian to European side, to be able to reach Taksim to support the resistance as fresh force. In Istanbul, in addition to Taksim, Dolmabahce and Besiktas were the new grounds of resistance while demonstrations spread to other major cities, again facing severe reaction from the Police at every location. While this went on, public simply bonded. Shops, apartments in the area opened their doors to demonstrators, helping the wounded, giving them chance to rest, providing food, water. Hotels in the Taksim square provided shelter for those under gas. Military units distributed gas masks. Medical students, voluntary doctors have been all on the ground, helping the wounded. Lawyers association has been providing full legal support to protestors under arrest. The independent tv channels became the voice of the movement where public figures - head of lawyers associations, unions, journalists, actors, authors - came on line calling for "sense" - on part of the government to stop police, and an part of the public, not to allow any provocateurs amongst them so that they do not lose the legal ground. Social media followed. Towards the end of the second day only, Prime minister came on line with a message, but still not stepping back, not recognizing what people were saying… Around 5 pm on the 1st, the message on air was that police were ordered to pull back, the roads to the square were opened up. So we all moved to the square - thousands. What the police did as a final gesture at Taksim before leaving for good was inhuman: once we were there, they applied heavy gas from all directions. It was unbelievable…

Taksim is calm since the evening of June 1st - though police has still been launching hard at Besiktas and in other cities, particularly in Ankara & Izmir. There are many under arrest - and, many wounded (I would expect in the region of a thousand) and few deaths (hoping for 1 digit numbers…) - yet, there are no official reports. BIGGEST CRIME in all this is, media is still under censure - therefore, let aside external community, public in Turkey in general receive the official story that a bunch of anarchists are refusing the authority of the state - thus, the reaction by the police is fair & just. I live right at Taksim, have been in the heart of all this weekend. I am not an anarchist, neither are my fellow demonstrators - students, housewives, professionals, even retired elderly. The movement is the reaction of people - not owned by a political party or any other social group, or military. So, it does not have "a" leader to order to stop. Therefore, what is needed at this stage is for the leaders at power, the PM & the cabinet, to step up, listen to what is going on and assume their responsibility as leaders of the national community with sense & conscious. Personally, what I observe so far does not give me hope… But it feels, things can not be the same anymore... Such a public reaction has been a first in the year 90 history of the republic - we will live through to see what direction it takes, hoping & doing as much as we could, for the best.
Star Gazer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Xena:

What an amazing story. I would first like to ask if you, personally, are all right; you and your family were not physically injured were you?

One of our great leaders, Thomas Jefferson, once said, "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." What is so incredible about what your people are experiencing is that this entire conflict arose out of a simple issue, such as saving a park and involving relatively few citizens, but it quickly escalated into deeper, more serious concerns of human rights and involving thousands of people across the country.

Nonetheless, as frightening as it must be for you, your family and your friends at this time, I'm certain you realize that you, personally, are right in the middle of a history-making event. It is after midnight here in Alaska and, by the time I wake up tomorrow morning, your government may have fallen and you would all be facing dramatic changes in your lives. I will pray for your safety and that of your countrymen, most assuredly; however, please continue to update us on how you are faring and what is the political situation over there from your point of view. I am very interested in how events will play out over the next few days. Our own news reports are pretty thorough and, from what I have read so far, they have represented a good balance between your government's point of view and that of the protesters. Our news reports also stress that Amnesty International, the European Union, the United Kingdom and the United States have offered their support and have counseled Prime Minister Erdogran to use caution and show restraint when dealing with the protesters. USA Today has published a very good article (by my measure) of the conflict in Turkey, although it was uploaded 19 hours ago. I don't know if you have access to any international media, but you can try this link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/06/02/turkey-protests/2381911/

Good luck to you and God Bless you. Please let us know how you are doing. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that, on behalf of all of us here on this site, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Karen
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xena,

What you're going through now makes me appreciate the freedom we have here in the US even more.

I'm praying that the leaders come to their senses and put a stop to this horrible situation.

As Karen said, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care.

Pam

FirstDay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it is really hard to be an optimist and to remain it.
The bad news becomes more and more, everywhere in the world.
Cruelties of all kind, against people and animals.
Environmental disasters and famine, wars and crimes.

What can a single person cause, and what a group of people?

Every single person can carry for himself and for his sphere responsibility, and give his best.
Who changes himself, changes the world.

Many people can cause a lot. And if they want also amicably.
Where people stick together, there can be taken a turn for the better.

In Austria there is currently in several federal states high flood.
Some compare this with the century high flood in 2002.
But what the Austrians really honors, is, that they hold together in crisis situations.
And it will be also this time, after the motto: Together we make it!

In my village is nowadays still no high flood.
Hopefully ceases the strong rain soon.

Greetings - Sabine.
Caty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDay, the flood is also in southeast of Germany, it's much worse than 2002.
In Passau and some places at the Danube the flood is as high, it hasn't been for more than 500 years!
Slowly it's moving down the Danube and the Elbe, so there will many more people (and wild animals) in danger.
In our institute is a apprentice, she comes from the endangered area, her parents were evacuated, her father is badly hurt and one of their cats is lost, the other very sick.
Her grandmom lives in Passau were the flood is as high as the first story. Thank god she was also evacuated in time.
They lost almost everything Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really very hard, to lose everything what has been built.
These people have my sympathy. And I am also sorry about the poor animals.

Disasters do not stop at borders.
How small and powerless we people are, if the nature shows her whole strength.

I believe, in our country is the worst over. And in my village nothing has happend luckily this time.
But the affected persons have a lot of work right now.
Gerda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all hope you all are doing fine Very Happy
Its been a longgggg!!!! time since I've posted something. I wasam here a few times,but I have not been realy that well latley.
Just the arthritis migraine and just being tired because of it.
I still follow things here,but not that much.
Since sitting long doesn't feel great so I try not to.

Just got a 3 step line from Clinique.
I had a day cream but they changed it and I got heavy irritation on my face,so went to the shop and seemed more complaines were there and now its not for sale anymore. I finaly got a cream for my face that was good untill they changed it.
I tried another one,but the irritation stayed,so I tried something that is not realy cheap Shocked Shocked But she gave me some samples and I could try it out. Wow my face changed just in one night Very Happy Very Happy
Yes Very Happy thanks !
But its on the other hand not great if its expensive much and Clinique is expensive,but ok I bought the 3 steps plus a cream thats good for me afther the 3 steps.

3 steps mean
liquid facial soap mild
claryfing lotion
dramatically different moisturizing lotion and aftyher this superdefence moisturizer very dry skin all is for dry skin

But they way they try to cell things is Shocked I mean I asked for dry skin the liquid facioal soap extra mild and dry skin and she gives me another one. Um excuse me but I asked another one. Rolling Eyes Same with another one. Jeez I only want 4 things and the right ones please.
I dont realy care what they have more thats not what I want or need.
Same thing happend to another lady and that lady was pissed and said NO I said I want this one and not anohter one and if you dont have then I want anothe one but not this. I mean come on what is wrong whith the people Confused
The shop used to be much better with this,so I been there the last time I already found another one where they also have it.

So now my skin looks way better and feels soft again.
I think there's a lot of things wrong with creams etc for your face these days. been searching about it and the things I read well what could be the reason they just make such bas stuff?
Its seems everyone has problems.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerda,

salesclerks stand always under pressure, and the advertisement becomes more and more. Also on the internet.

What interferes me in many cosmetics, are the many animal testing.
This also concerns very famous brands.

Unfortunately, many people can't take cosmetics with natural, botanical contents materials.
Maybe it would be better to ask advice a dermatologist and make for itself an individual skin-cream in the drugstore.

Individuality often pays off; only because many people do something in a certain way, therefore it must not be better.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 374, 375, 376  Next
Page 375 of 376

Jump to: