RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you were to have lunch with Rick...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Richard Dean Anderson
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacsChick

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: If you were to have lunch with Rick... Reply with quote

If you were the lucky winner of the lunch with Rick (in your wildest fantasies), what would you talk about? Could you even eat if you were sitting across from him? Gosh, I'd be so nervous! Embarassed Anyway, tell me what you think? What topics would you discuss?

--The Black Corsage
BaB

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that comes to my mind, I guess. I wouldn't be worrying about not eating, hehe. I'd me much more worried, if my parter was, say... an underfed tiger. Smile

Well, I wouldn't go all crazy fanboying and stuff. And I highly doubt I would be leading the conversation anyway.
Archeress

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd probably be a little awkward at first. Create small talk ask him a few questions and probably let him take the lead or turn it around and say ya know what I know alot about you why don't you ask questions about me? That way we'd both be on an even playing field.
caroline_l

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a really diffident person and I'm sure I'd be very nervous and stressed.
You know, when you meet the love of your life don't want to say anything silly Embarassed . I suppose, I'd be concentrated on this if it wouldn't be our last meeting Cool
Linda Mary

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Lunch w/RDA Reply with quote

Gosh folks, if I were to have lunch w/RDA there's lots of interests we "share" and can discuss -- the Waterkeeper Alliance, float trips, love of animals, his courageous position with Sea Shepherd, hiking and bicycling.

I especially would love to learn what sort of movies or made for TV DVDs he would produce for youngsters if he could do that.
Sairalindë

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I know I would be nervous and who wouldn’t be? However I have faith in Richard; his graciousness and sensitivity toward others and I would only talk about what topics he would bring up. Of course I would answer his questions and only ask safe comfortable questions that he would like to answer. The only thing I would be really nervous about is the eating part and hope I wouldn’t be clumsy to drop anything or spill anything. With all that money to give for a great cause, I am sure his gratefulness would be great and the pleasure of sharing would be just as rewarding.

Always praying for Richard and his family.
Beachbapple

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One doesn't know how it will go until you come face to face with him I would treat him like a normal person, thats how I treat everyone doesn't matter how rich or famous they are.
mccormick

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said Beachbapple that is how I would go about it
KatXander

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never make it...I'd be fiddling with the folded cloth napkin, get all full of Cosmic Giddiness, and end up making it "talk" like a puppet to him. He'd excuse himself to visit the restroom, and climb out the window to escape...

*sigh*

I'll just stay here and draw...you guys have lunch and enjoy!!

^_^
Kat
Sina

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sairalindë wrote:
The only thing I would be really nervous about is the eating part and hope I wouldn’t be clumsy to drop anything or spill anything. With all that money to give for a great cause, I am sure his gratefulness would be great and the pleasure of sharing would be just as rewarding.

When we were 13 or 14 years old my friend an I made a list with all things you better should not eat on a date with a boy you like if it should not become embarrassing - at first place we put Spaghetti Wink

I´d better try to find this list again, if i ever had the chance to meet Rick at a restaurant Wink
KatXander

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaghetti's easy, IF you eat it with chopsticks!! Same for salad.

BBQ ribs I'd avoid...unless you both have them! *grin*

Kat
sha're

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I won't eat anything, or say anything because I'm too shy. And much too nervous........ Embarassed
AiMs

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: hi! Reply with quote

I'd probably eat before seeing him then I would just stare at him during that lunch date!!!! I would ask him many questions and would also take many pictures with him to last me a lifetime!!!! Yipee!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
ISABELLE FAN DE R.D.A.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: If you were to have lunch with Rick... Reply with quote

MacsChick wrote:
If you were the lucky winner of the lunch with Rick (in your wildest fantasies), what would you talk about? Could you even eat if you were sitting across from him? Gosh, I'd be so nervous! Embarassed Anyway, tell me what you think? What topics would you discuss?

I think, that I shall be very impressed by Rick, but it is necessary to say to itself that he is a Man as everybody..... I shall have certainly problems to speak to him, seen that I know only the bases of English (thanks to the translator!!!) but I would make everything to cross the best of evening with him!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sina

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: If you were to have lunch with Rick... Reply with quote

ISABELLE FAN DE R.D.A. wrote:
I shall have certainly problems to speak to him, seen that I know only the bases of English (thanks to the translator!!!) but I would make everything to cross the best of evening with him!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I agree to you Isabelle, the language might be a problem-especially when we are nervous Wink but I think with Rick it will be like with anyone else: or you harmonize and have a great time or you dont´t... but then definitely not because we keep serching for the right words in english Wink I can´t imagine, that he has problems with peolple who talk foreign languages ??
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Richard Dean Anderson All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: