RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate Figures in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
Astra thats was another great story.
Its all well done Astra love it.

I can realy enjoy these storys.

Gerda.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being slow on the up-take this time....

Lotta action going on there, Astra!
Thanks for sharing your efforts!!! I enjoy your stories very much!

(Like the floor tiles!)

Smiles,
Diana
Astra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right from the beginning when I first laid eyes onto the pictures of the new desert figures, I didn't like the green splotches. So, all the time I said, I want to repaint them. Which I now did.

In addition to that, Daniel has the wrong sleeves at his uniform, so I painted the cuffs of him green, so that it looks more like the other jacket. I also gave Jack silver hair instead of the brown one.

From pictures I learnt that the brown lines go NOT all around the green splotches. And that the splotches have to be larger and more irregular than before. I tried to use most of the other green things somehow, though, for fear the beige wouldn't be able to hide them.

I painted the beige parts new as well, since I did not like the dark brown. It is lighter now.

I paid special attention to Jack's cap, had asked for pictures to match the pattern. As you can see, the green still is a bit too dark, guess I have to mix it with a bit white, to make it even lighter. But that was the best I could get so far, and I wanted to finish, since next weekend we will do more actionfigure-stories!

But overall, I think it looks better than before.
KatXander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Action figures Reply with quote

WOW! Astra, they look great! I'm impressed! I could use some of your talent!

Son #2 wants me to try to make a staff weapon for him to use with this year's halloween costume. He is going as a Jaffa. He bought a Zat gun replica model, and I am working on getting that put together & painting, then I can focus on his robes. Darn. Means I have to watch SG-1 more...

The kid has undying faith in his ol' Ma to be able to pull it off...the way I see it, MacGyver had it EASY! He didn't have his little kids, eyes full of love, expecting him to pull off miracles!! (okay, so my "little kid" is 6'5" and 280lbs, but the eyes are still full of love...)

Oiy! ^_^

KatX
Fandango

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra, Those turned out great!!! (I have been hoping to see the finished project....) I do like your colors better. Personally, I have been wondering exactly what desert Diamond was looking at when they made their choice. LOL! The majority of Earth's deserts do not have bright green splotches. The only one I know of is the Sonoran, and I still don't think the pattern would work there. You're muted colors are much better.

KatX, I think you have your hands full! Wink

Well, I have a few projects in the works, but at the rate I'm (not) progressing...they should be done sometime this winter. Rolling Eyes

Smiles,
Diana
banlu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra, sehr gut! Die Farben sind sehr besser als vor!

Try mixing the green with the beige - it will keep the color in the same tint.

banlu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man!!!!!!!!!!! Astra, I'm ready to faint here and now! Gorgeous work!

I live in Finland and my timezone is GMT +2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lanthir

Location: In Sweden at the moment - wish to move to Nanaomi and study there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhehe.. Ich versteht Deutch =) aber nicht gut Laughing
Hehe I like they way you painted them too!
They are really good!
Dozens of Mountains, clouds running over the snow covered peaks. The night sky sends a leading light over the sky, a fire, which you can't take away with water. The land of eagles, call after me. A wish to return, to been carried away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Astra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KatXander, nice that you do so much for your son! Smile Maybe you can do it together, instead of you working alone? Would be even more fun! Maybe your son has some useful ideas? You can use the first picture I posted for reverence how the staff weapon should look like.

Me, just last weekend I did a puddle jumper together with my dad. You can download a papercraft model for free here:

http://www.paperaviation.de/PuddleJumper/puddlejumper.html

It actually isn't difficult glueing it together, but the darn thing just didn't want to stay the way it was supposed to. So I just needed a second pair of hands for holding. The same day my dad made me some legs for the little table tennis table I had created. Legs that can be bent, but don't slip sideways when the table shall be used. Yeah, my father has golden hands!

And you can look forward to seeing Jack and Teal'c playing table tennis, as they did in season 8!

This winter, Fandango? But... but... but that is a very long time!

banlu wrote:
Astra, sehr gut! Die Farben sind sehr besser als vorher Wink !

Try mixing the green with the beige - it will keep the color in the same tint.

That's what I did, actually. See, our minds think alike! The green was even darker to begin with, so I mixed in some beige. But if I had used more of it, it would have turned more brownish instead of greenish, so I had to settle with that. That's why I think white would be better. I only had purchased green, beige and brown and didn't want to go back to the shop, but wanted to get it over and done with.

I already was there a second time, since the first green I bought looked at the lid almost the same (only a bit lighter) but when applied, it was rather yellowish!

I also mixed some tiny ammount of the green into the beige, so that it would be not too bright. Had do go over it a second time, though, since the first time I had it a bit more greenish. Apparently, the pictures I used to look at are different when different light is shining onto the uniforms. The one of Jack in Kate's book looks more like a light green than beige. Might be the printing, or might be the lighting.

The brown for the little lines, however, had a certain red touch when it came out of the tin. So, I tried a bit of green to mix in for that as well, and it worked!

Edit: Thanks to mysteryknitter and Lanthir for the comments as well. They came in when I was typing this long message Wink
Gerda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra they look very good afther painting them good work.

Gerda.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:
And you can look forward to seeing Jack and Teal'c playing table tennis, as they did in season 8!

Very cool! Looking forward to that!

Quote:
This winter, Fandango? But... but... but that is a very long time!

Anyone have a table saw I could borrow? Rolling Eyes Laughing
Three projects in progress....one involving broken crab traps, second involves boat insulation foam (or at least that what I assume it is), third involves Fimo (plastic clay) (customizing heads...feels kind of like trying to customize peanuts). All results questionable at the moment. And all of this beyond trying to figure out the didgital camera, so I can take pics of the final products. At least now I have a battery...not rechargable Mad Rolling Eyes ...but a battery.

Ahhh, in over my head as usual.... Wink
KatXander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Making stuff Reply with quote

First I have to finish the Zat, then I can do the robes...my sons do want to help, but they are more of the "technical advisors" type. P2 will still-frame and draw out things for me to make, since he's quite the artist. Charlie, my oldest, can help me fig out the mechanics of some of this, like what to make the head of the staff weapon out of, if I can get the robes done early enough. These kids have always kept me on my toes as far as making things!

We started out when P2 wanted to go to a renaissance festival for his b-day once...in costume! I had no clue how to sew, but his undying faith in me led me to learn. We started out easy (peasants the first year), and eventually I learned how to make lined doublets, hats, and corsets. I have no real talent, but I never let that stop me. I still can't read a pattern to save my life.

When we got hooked on SG-1, the ren thing all went out the window. Even Char, who is not much of a costume party kind of guy, now wants to get into "Daniel mode (beings as he's an archaeologist!)" and join in the fun. I'm lucky...at least I don't have to wear a corset to be in the SGC!!!

Hee hee...

KatX
Astra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fandango wrote:
...And all of this beyond trying to figure out the didgital camera, so I can take pics of the final products...

Well, would you consider showing us work-in-progress pictures? I think it is very interesting to see how you did some things.

You know, I recently posted pictures of a customized K.I.T.T. model I did years ago. Today I wish I had made some pictures of the stages in between. Just to show what kind of material I used and how inventive it was.

And I know Fimo as well! Have done some things with it already.

KatXander, this sounds like an awesome project, and I think it deserves its own thread. You seem to be a very creative family! I like that!
And I like especially that not knowing how to do things didn't ever stop you. That's the right spirit!

We should make a thread for costumes and the like, maybe others have done similar things before? At conventions there always is a costume contest, and I have seen some pretty good things!

I attended as "Dr. Fraiser" once, in a white coat, with an operation hat at the head (which had been a swimming cap before) and I had one of those wooden snakes that move when held in the right way, as a freshly removed symbiote Laughing

Teryl Rothery and Don S. Davis were in the jury (among others) and while Teryl was afraid of the snake and tried to flee, Don did want to see it closer and try it out himself.
KatXander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra, You're braver than I am...I don't think I could do a costume contest (too chicken)! What I would love to do, just for laughs, is have a symbiote sitting on the shoulder of my field jacket, sort of like a parrot would be on a pirate. I just can't find a symbiote, and there are no Goa'uld around...

But that's just me...never one for being too serious if it can be helped.

^_^

Kitty Kat
Gerda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Diana show the work in progress pictures Wink I also find it interesting to see, and agree with Astra.

We have such talentedpeople here so wonderful Very Happy

Gerda.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 15 of 62

Jump to: