RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate Figures in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Fandango! This is priceless! Did you do these? You never told me you also had "puppets"! How come you did not join the fun before? I'd definitely like to see more!

As for the movie, I have to wait till my friend completes it and sends it to me, then of course I'll post it.
I have to ask, though - what kind of movie is "cell"?

@Lanthir: Jack and Daniel can't sit, they don't have any knee joints. That's the problem with all the scenes we want to do.

Well, I have another story, where Jack did not have to sit at all:

After a while Jack has a whole plate full with steaks, and at the grill now lie sausages and shashlik, and he calls Sam over to get something while he is drinking from his beer bottle:

Sam reluctantly leaves her beach chair to get something to eat:

Lanthir

Location: In Sweden at the moment - wish to move to Nanaomi and study there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol... That was a nice little story.. is it a date?
Laughing
Dozens of Mountains, clouds running over the snow covered peaks. The night sky sends a leading light over the sky, a fire, which you can't take away with water. The land of eagles, call after me. A wish to return, to been carried away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Astra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends on whether you are a shipper or not Wink
Lanthir

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I asked you Razz Laughing
Dozens of Mountains, clouds running over the snow covered peaks. The night sky sends a leading light over the sky, a fire, which you can't take away with water. The land of eagles, call after me. A wish to return, to been carried away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mysteryknitter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looooooooove that! Mooooore, pleeeeease!

I live in Finland and my timezone is GMT +2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fandango

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attempting to reply, one more time.... (I had the post mostly typed and then the power went out! Yes, and the battery back up is officially dead. Sigh....)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
This is priceless! Did you do these?

Thank you! And yes I did! (Note: bad photography! Razz )

Quote:
How come you did not join the fun before?

Well, seeing as how you asked.... I didn’t start collecting the figures until autumn last year and then I only acquired one at a time. My more recent additions came unpackaged and a few of the extras were MIA. I have yet to complete a DHD and just now have a complete gate ring (no ramp). As for other props, I have deliberately kept my sources restricted, as I really don’t want to just go out and spend too much money...so I use only ‘foundlings’...things I find at the beach (flotsam) or things rescued from the expired Lost and Found from my workplace (items are kept for three months and then are dispensed with, given to employees who need them, given to charities or thrown out...it is my responsibility to take care of this). To date, I still have only a tiny collection of small props. (There are some things I have a lot of, however. Note: the entire set for the Limited Action Figures wall was made up of flotsam, including the fabric floor. Spidey is a Lost and Found refugee...and I have a handful of varied other action figures that came ashore.)

Also, I am also not yet part of the digital age when it comes to photography. I am still using a 35mm and so it takes a while to finish a roll and have it dealt with at the lab. I also tend to overthink what I’m setting up as well...so I produce creations slowly sometimes. Those two wall have been 'in the works' for at least a month. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I have to ask, though - what kind of movie is "cell"?

“Cell” refers to sheets of celluloid on which pictures are draw in progressive sequence. One cell equals one frame of film (if it is excellent animation). The best examples of this would be much of the older Disney animations or maybe Looney Tunes. I worked in 16mm. That’s 24 frames per second. Even if you ‘cheat’ and only do one cell per every two frames (still pretty smooth movement), that’s still 720 individual drawings per minute. That’s one Flippin’ amount of work!!!! Shocked

Astra...what kind of lighting do you use? I have yet to actually set up a good ‘stage’ area and must admit that I do not own any pro lights or much other equipment, for that fact.

I’m loving your stories!!! Too fun! Very Happy

Smiles,
Diana
Max Knight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Stargate figures Reply with quote

Hi! I have the collection of 6 characters which includes Thor, The Jaffa and the Gate. I also collect Final Fantasy Figures from 8 to 11.(numbers of the games) Sometimes I think they made parties after I left my office. Laughing One day I found the jaffa on the floor, with his staff broken. Shocked Daniel was missing his magnifier and the girls from FF were moved from their original positions. I'm watching the replicators just in case... Wink
Gerda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diana those are cool wallpapers I love them Very Happy

Astra another story Very Happy I love it.
Now they finaly have barbecue together Wink

Thats great Very Happy

I love the storys Astra

Gerda.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Fandango, just get one of these

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=203213-1373-FL-300PDQ12&lpage=none

You can pick one up in K-mart as well.

I love animation, but don't think I'd have the patience for it.

banlu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanthir wrote:
Well... I asked you Razz Laughing

Well, I don't mind reading a ship story if it is well written, but I'm not such a dedicated shipper as others. I go for everything that just has Jack in it, but love team stories (with whump Smile ) most.

Fandango wrote:

I didn’t start collecting the figures until autumn last year and then I only acquired one at a time. My more recent additions came unpackaged and a few of the extras were MIA. I have yet to complete a DHD and just now have a complete gate ring (no ramp).

Yeah, I can imagine it being difficult, when you are late in the game. I was kinda late myself and very lucky still to get series 1. Glad you got a Jack, since he is sold out mostly!

Quote:

As for other props, I have deliberately kept my sources restricted, as I really don’t want to just go out and spend too much money...
so I use only ‘foundlings’...things I find at the beach (flotsam) or things rescued from the expired Lost and Found from my workplace (items are kept for three months and then are dispensed with, given to employees who need them, given to charities or thrown out...it is my responsibility to take care of this). To date, I still have only a tiny collection of small props. (There are some things I have a lot of, however. Note: the entire set for the Limited Action Figures wall was made up of flotsam, including the fabric floor.

That's what I liked so much about your pictures, the look of them, you go with open eyes and see what can be used. Since I own the figures I can't look at a thing without immediately pondering what I could make out of it.

Please look at these pictures here (in the woods) http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6949034&postcount=56

and here (at a lake) http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7914815&postcount=145
- some guy over at Gateworld made those, aren't they awesome?

Quote:

Spidey is a Lost and Found refugee...and I have a handful of varied other action figures that came ashore.)

Well, I'd like to see more interaction with the other figures!

Quote:

Also, I am also not yet part of the digital age when it comes to photography. I am still using a 35mm and so it takes a while to finish a roll and have it dealt with at the lab.

Yeah, I can relate to that, for a long time I had to relate onto friends (who only visited once a year) with digital cameras, but now I got one myself. It was about time, was tired of scanning every picture for sending it by e-mail.

Quote:

I also tend to overthink what I’m setting up as well...so I produce creations slowly sometimes. Those two wall have been 'in the works' for at least a month. Rolling Eyes

There is nothing to say against setting stuff up properly (I'm a perfectionist myself) but if you ask me - take some likewise crazy fans/friends and have some fun together - the puppets will get a life on their own! We giggle all the time.

Quote:

“Cell” refers to sheets of celluloid on which pictures are draw in progressive sequence. One cell equals one frame of film (if it is excellent animation). The best examples of this would be much of the older Disney animations or maybe Looney Tunes.

I love the old Disney movies. I just never heard the word "cell" (other than in cell phone Smile ). I thought it was called "drawed animated movie" (that's the term around here). There is a studio where I live, I wanted to learn and work there, we even have been there with school, but then the Berlin wall came down, the world changed and a lot of businesses got shot down.

But it's kinda interesting, how I have come back to this, with setting up these little scenes. I was always more interested in the set decoration.

Quote:

Astra...what kind of lighting do you use? I have yet to actually set up a good ‘stage’ area and must admit that I do not own any pro lights or much other equipment, for that fact.

Well, no professional things here, either, this is the ordinary day light (or lamps, if it's evening), and the flashes from the cameras. There are some bad shadows in some of the pictures, though. But as I said - the fun we have is the most important thing.

Quote:

I’m loving your stories!!! Too fun! Very Happy

Thank you very much!

Max Knight wrote:
Hi! I have the collection of 6 characters which includes Thor, The Jaffa and the Gate. I also collect Final Fantasy Figures from 8 to 11.(numbers of the games) Sometimes I think they made parties after I left my office. Laughing One day I found the jaffa on the floor, with his staff broken. Shocked Daniel was missing his magnifier and the girls from FF were moved from their original positions. I'm watching the replicators just in case... Wink

There might be indeed a party going on - as you can see in this picture:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7814988&postcount=122

I just wanted to say - this thread doesn't "belong" only to Lis and me - if anybody wants to show their pictures, you are very welcomed! I always like to see them.

Last edited by Astra on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fandango

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice Banlu!

Looks like a good k.i.s.s. fixture...but I was thinking also about the actual kind of bulb...florescent vs tungsten (or other)... what range of K°. Astra’s color balance is always good, whether indoors or outside. There’s also a lack of ‘hot spots.’ In short, I guess I need to experiment a bit…it’s just frustrating when it takes so much time (and funds) before I see results.

Thanks,
Diana
Astra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to be honest, I only show you the good pictures Smile That's the good thing with digital cameras, you can do lots of shots, and only use the good ones later, and throw away the rest. There are some that are too dark, or where the shadows are too much, or some that are just done from a weird angle, and I can't show them to you. Sometimes I try to do a bit with photoshop, but not much, since I'm no expert.

As for the lack of "hot spots" - guess that's just luck. I heard others complaing about the "glossy" looking faces of some figures, so that they look unnatural.

But I have to admit, I never saw this through the eyes of a professional photographer.
Fandango

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra, seems you posted while I was composing! Then I ran out of break time at work and was stuck for four hours!

Quote:
But I have to admit, I never saw this through the eyes of a professional photographer.

Lol! I've always been the assistant, never the pro! I just don't have the technical smarts for it. I know just enough to be 'dangerous.' And worse, I'm dumb enough to keep talking myself into trying the complicated stuff again. Absolutely idiotic!!! I'm far better off if I tell myself, "Do what comes natural."

I gotta look into a digital camera..... sigh! Rolling Eyes

(Now eyeballing everything as a potential prop! Laughing )

Smiles!
Diana
Astra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are you girls up for another action-story? Well, nothing fancy, just an ordinary day in the life of SG-1...

Sam and Teal'c got caught by some big bad "god" and his jaffa (if you ask why only them - since these puppets are the only ones that can kneel Smile ):

Teal'c had been misbehaving and therefore got a little more "attention" so that he fell down powerless (in truth the puppet just did not keep kneeling, but we came up with a pretty good cover, hu?):

Then Jack came to the rescue and yelled "Down!" which Sam immediately followed, while Jack is spreating the area with bullets (just like in our favourite scene in that one episode, you know...):

While Jack shoots down one jaffa Teal'c gets up to come to his help:

Jack threw his zat to Sam, who is covering Teal'c's back now:

Teal'c is in a close staff weapon battle with the jaffa leader:

After they won (of course, did you doubt it?) they search for Daniel, and fear he might lay in the sarcophagus (again):

But instead he was hiding behind one pillar all the time, and now asks: "Are you guys searching for me? I just found incredible hieroglyphs, you just have to see them, over here..."

As I said, just an ordinary day.

Last edited by Astra on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Lanthir

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahah That was a good story Astra... Razz..
It was a ordinary day...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 14 of 62

Jump to: