RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you were to have lunch with Rick...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Richard Dean Anderson
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ducktaped

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: wow lunch with rick. Reply with quote

richardgirl298 wrote:
if i was to have lunch with rda i would crap myself. i would be too excited to eat. all i be doing will be starring at him in amazement. someone as hot as rda i wouldn't be able to breath. what i ask him wow what i wouldn't ask him.
1. what was your favorite role that you played.
2. what to get married give you as many kids as you want.
3. how could someone be as hot as you and not taken
etc.....

The most burning question I'd want to ask would be what place has been most meaningful to him or is there any place that he would love to visit. Ahh something like that anyway. And I've heard that he plays guitar, (did play one on MacGyver once if I recall correctly) so I might confirm with him if he does and then ask if he has ever written any music.

I think that I'd also bring some of the photos that I've taken over the past few years (if the lunch was premeditated) to show him. and if there was one or two that he really liked then I would get him to keep those ones.

My life motto: There are no wrong paths in life, just roads that lead to unexpected adventures
"Vita quoque brevis"
Everhappy

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were to have the fortune to have lunch with Rick, I would just start with: Thank you. And take it from there.

I have so much to thank him for. He doesn't know that, so shouldn't I tell him? Yes, I should, and would.

And being distraught persons - the both of us, we would probably have a lot of fun trying to follow the other ones thoughts.
Now, youíre Mr. MacUseless.
XXX MacGyver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: If I won a lunch with RDA Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too nervous, I would try to initiate a casual conversation, and discuss intrests and other things, make conversation like I would with a friend, and try not to show nervousness, I would not scream like most people do when they meet their favorite actors or whatever, I would be pretty calm on the outside and overcome with happiness and anxiety on the inside, but he wouldn't know it because I usually don't show it.
XXX MacGyver (scifi's #1 fan)
Ducktaped

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: If I won a lunch with RDA Reply with quote

XXX MacGyver wrote:
I wouldn't be too nervous, I would try to initiate a casual conversation, and discuss intrests and other things, make conversation like I would with a friend, and try not to show nervousness, I would not scream like most people do when they meet their favorite actors or whatever, I would be pretty calm on the outside and overcome with happiness and anxiety on the inside, but he wouldn't know it because I usually don't show it.

Can't say as I have ever screamed when I saw anyone famous that I liked. Came close when I saw Corn Nemec for the first time. There I was standing in the middle of the room during the meet-and-greet at GateCon last summer and then my roommate turns to me and says "There's Corin." And I turned to her and said half loosing my breath "where?!" And she pointed towards one of the walls. I was almost screaming inside. From shock moreso than anything else. That's when it finally sank in that I was at a Stargate Convention where there would actually be "Famous" or "Semi famous" people. After that I was more shy and quiet than anything else. And it was my roommate who helped me get most of my adlib photos.

As for lunch with RDA I would more likely be the listener than the conversationalist. I would be more interested in listening to him and what he has to say rather than hear myself talk. Though I'm sure based on what I've heard of him he'd rather be the one doing most of the listening.

My life motto: There are no wrong paths in life, just roads that lead to unexpected adventures
"Vita quoque brevis"
HERBALTLADY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was able to eat lunch with RDA it would take place at my residence. I know I would be excited of course. Make him vegetarian tacos and herbal tea. Then I'll ask him some questions and ask for an autograph.

OR

If I was able to eat lunch with RDA it would be some place he has in mind and I would go with him. I know I would be excited. Then ask him some questions and ask for an autograph.
Meeceymouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably eat a salad with grilled chicken and mandarin oranges on it. Thank him for the lunch, and ask if I may have a autograph.
Mac/Jack#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would I eat? I'd be more concerned about how I would remember to breathe! Very Happy Seriously, I don't think I would be able to eat a thing, I would be WAY to nervous. Maybe I'd just have salad so I could pick at it and look like I'm eating. LOL. I would try to strike up conversation, but I know my attempts would be pitiful, I would be so embarrassed. He would be so sweet, I know it. I'm sure after a while his calming presence would calm me down and I would begin to be at ease. But first reaction, NERVOUS. How could I help it, we are talking RDA here Wink Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm... I would probably be really nervous at first. I'm a painfully shy person, so the more I get to know a person, the more comfortable I am. And the more I show just how weird and twisted I am... XD But, RDA seems to have a relaxing effect on people. So, like what Mac/JackFan said, after a few minutes of talking, I'll be just fine.

Most likely we would just chit chat, he'll probably ask a TON of questions. And I would hope by the end of it, we'd be friends. That would be awesome.

Food wise... probably nothing heavy as I'm probably not gonna be eating much of it anyway. XD
nicolemj@otenet.gr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, having lunch with Rick? What an awesome, amazing dream, having the perfect gentleman, like Rick he is, right across me and talking to each other face to face. I think there was no way that I would be able to eat at that moment, maybe just picking at something and pretending I'm eating. What I know for sure, is that I would be SO NERVOUS, at least at first, but knowing that Rick is such a wonderful, gentle and caring person, and easy to talk to, I know he could calm me down immediately with his sweet presence. He would probably make me laugh with his wonderful sense of humor, just to make me feel more comfortable, and eventually we would start having a conversation like two friends. I would gladly answer in any of his questions, whatever it was, and I would like to ask him a few things too, but I would never become indiscreet, I'd never do anything to make him feel uncomfortable, in any way. It would make me so happy just to see him smile and enjoy this whole thing, as much as I do, no matter how concerned and stressed I would be deep inside. How I wish we could become friends after this, that would be the greatest gift. Having a friend like Rick is a blessing, and not because of his good looks, but because of his beautiful personality. He's such a beautiful person inside and out, with a heart of gold.
mysteryknitter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicolem, you said it so well. I'd try to hide my nervousness too and try to behave like a normal person.

I live in Finland and my timezone is GMT +2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mac/Jack#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mysteryknitter wrote:
Nicolem, you said it so well. I'd try to hide my nervousness too and try to behave like a normal person.

LOL mysterykitten, you said the key word, TRY Wink Very Happy LOL! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I would be veeeery nervous Embarassed and order something easy to digest, but I would tell myself "there's no reason to be nervous about, he doen't byte!" to convince myself to keep calm in order to be able to be myself. I wouldn't want him to feel uneasy, not at all Exclamation

And I would rely on his ability to start a conversation, primarily because I wouldn't be quite able to think in that moment. Also, in the beginning I would try to look into his eyes the least possible, you know... to concentrate on the conversation. Wink

But after a while nervous would disappear (he has this magic power to calm me down) and everything would be great. Very Happy
Annelies

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess my heart would be in my troat, hands would shake, but it will be over soon when we get in to conversation, guess that would be about charity, and it would turn out to be fantastic!!!

Lies

fifercial

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would talk about Ice Hockey and dogs. Just like i did at Chevron 7.6 when i was getting my Picture signed by him. We would have longer to talk because there would be no one hurrying me along the queue Laughing
xena

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: If you were to have lunch with Rick... Reply with quote

MacsChick wrote:
If you were the lucky winner of the lunch with Rick (in your wildest fantasies), what would you talk about? Could you even eat if you were sitting across from him? Gosh, I'd be so nervous! Embarassed Anyway, tell me what you think? What topics would you discuss?

well well well.. nice question!
first i do not think i can eat anything..
and about the topics to talk about; i guess i would try not to talk about his career as an actor but himself..what he thinks about life, what are his plans etc..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Richard Dean Anderson All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: