RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate Figures in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:
Paya wrote:
And the next day in the morning, they found a sleeping bear in the tent.

I guess we'll have to do a conclusion with a bear now LOL

Definitely. You should do that. No loose ends. Wink

Astra wrote:
Although I had a bit of trouble to understand what the alien was saying. Has Daniel figured out the name of the species yet?

He did. They were Cucurbitans.

And now a new story for you all, starting within the next post.
Paya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackís adventures - Englandís calling

Out of the many action figure adventures on stock, yet waiting to be posted, let me first share a short story from a trip to Birmingham, UK, in 2011. Jack kindly joined me on my visit to Chevron 7 convention, and as you will see, he had some quite interesting encounters.

On our way to the venue, we stopped at a little plaza with poles next to Pendigo Lake, a place that reminded me of Plaza of Nations in Vancouver, the location for the episode ĎBaneí.

The place was so photogenic that I took the opportunity to arrange a promo shot for Jack OíNeill Sportswear catalogue.

Jack: What direction now? Over there?
Paja: Yes.
Jack: You didnít say it would take place in the woods.
Paja: It doesnít. Itís at the hotel.
Jack: What a pity. Could have been fun. Hotels are boring.
Paja: I thought you got enough woods on your missions.
Jack: Ah, but those were full of aliens eager to poke me full of holes.
Paja: Well, there may be aliens at the con, too. Sort of.
Jack: No peaceful explorers?
Paja: Ummmmm, they are peaceful. They are. They just... now, youíll see for yourself.

After we had arrived at the hotel, I became so consumed in the convention program that I almost forgot about Jack. We only met during short breaks and used them for looking around a bit. It was then when Jack made some interesting findings.

Jack: This the guy who played me?
Paja: Yes.
Jack: I thought he was taller. Come on, size ďMĒ. Thatís for dwarves. *snort*

Jack: Seriously, isnít this outfit too small?
Paja: Stop grumbling and just stand there for a while. Donít move. I need to shoot this.
Jack: This is ridiculous. And Iím not grumbling.

Paya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of minutes later in another room...

Jack: Nice piece of rock. Looks familiar.

Jack: Ya know, we were a pretty good team.
Paja: Yes, Jack, you were. Damn good.

Jack: Look, the Gate! Can I take it with me?
Paja: I donít think so, Jack. Itís too expensive.
Jack: I wasnít talking about buying it.
Paja: What? Donít even think of it!
Jack: Why? Canít we just rent it for a coupla days?

Jack: Paja, Iím really fed up with all the posing. Can we go out? I would take my bike and have a little ride, stretch the muscles, get some fresh air for a change?
Paja: Hm, thatís a good idea. Letís go. Iíll just grab my camera... hey, wait!

Jack: What the hell? I said Ďoutí, not to get stuck in the next room. And this isnít exactly what I meant by the ride either.

[Jack is trying to accelerate and release his bike unsuccessfully.]

Jack [emphatically]: Hey, big guy, put me down. Can you hear me? ...okay, Iím taking it back. You *are* tall. Now would you let me go?

Jack was released soon (too soon to my liking Wink), and Jack took a well deserved rest.

Jack: Now this is much better. Finally taking a breath. You, guys, are some crazy bunch in there, let me tell you. And why are you grinning like mad?

And thatís the end of this rather short and yet special story. To be honest, except for a few protests now and then, Jack was very tolerant during the whole event. As was RDA during the photo op. Thank you!

I hope you enjoyed the story. See you at the next action figure adventures. I think now's a good time to show some snowy stuff. Smile
Astra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaaaaah! I saw the first picture and thought: "Weren't we finished with the Vancouver stuff?" Another thing I had totally forgotten about!

And you have no idea what a great time to post this is - as I will be back at the exact same hotel in two and a half weeks. With my brother. I am busy trying to remember the exact way to walk, so these pictures help a bit! (Jack looks good too, of course Wink )

Paya wrote:
Paja: Stop grumbling and just stand there for a while. Donít move. I need to shoot this.

Or, as was put so famously, "Just stand there and look pretty" LOL

BTW, it will please you to hear that just a few days ago, I indeed bought the Air Force shirt and shorts for my Jack: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/US-1-6-Action-Figure-Model-United-States-Air-Force-Training-T-Shirt-Shorts-DA72-/160922975304?

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story, Paya. I'm glad that Jack found out that Rick is tall, really tall. In fact, much taller than he is. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya! Jack and RDA in the same pic Very Happy

As usual, excellent photos and dialogue. Thanks for sharing Very Happy

banlu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your comments, ladies.
Astra wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaah! I saw the first picture and thought: "Weren't we finished with the Vancouver stuff?" Another thing I had totally forgotten about!

That's nice how I keep surprising you with the old familiar stuff.

Astra wrote:
And you have no idea what a great time to post this is - as I will be back at the exact same hotel in two and a half weeks. With my brother. I am busy trying to remember the exact way to walk, so these pictures help a bit!

I can send you more photos, mapping the whole way. Wink

Astra wrote:
Paya wrote:

Or, as was put so famously, "Just stand there and look pretty" LOL

Yes, right! That's the sentence. Laughing

Astra wrote:
BTW, it will please you to hear that just a few days ago, I indeed bought the Air Force shirt and shorts for my Jack

Congratulations. Well done, ma'am.

banlu wrote:
Paya! Jack and RDA in the same pic

Yes, quite an achievement after all those years of being a Stargate fan. Instead of getting a hug from a big hansome guy, I put a little figure into his hand. Razz
Paya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackís winter adventures - skiing in the Alps

A couple of years ago, Jack got his new skis and started a long series of winter adventures in the beautiful mountain environment. Long-time followers of this thread may remember the few images I started to post back then. Now, I would like to finish this story and then bring you more photos of Jackís travels to other attractive winter locations.

Those of you who havenít seen the beginning of the skiing topic (or want to refresh it) can look at the part 1 here.

And now, continuing the story:

After the wonderful first day in the majestic Alps, the perfect sunny weather again showed its magic in the next morning.

Jack was contemplating the best way down carefully.

Jack: Okay, letís go.
Paja: Jack, youíre headed off piste.
Jack: No problem.
Paja: *sigh*

Paya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, after the promising start, the sky got overcast too soon, accompanied with snow showers. The visibility worsened, but it was no obstacle for our avid skier. Just the opposite. He kept cutting his elegant curves into hard slopes and didnít care about the unpleasant diffuse light. And when a huge ice cave suddenly materialized in the grey haze, he didnít hesitate to stop his downhill and took a moment to explore it.

The turquoise color coming from within the deep was breathtaking.

Paya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack was eager to try his new skis in virtually every terrain possible. Firn, snow-drifts, heavy compact bumps, icy plates Ė nothing prevented him from trying.
I gave up on skiing in such conditions, but he just grabbed his skis and started to climb up a hill with a daring plan to free-ride down a couloir, which we had spotted from a nearby slope.

This crazy stunt of his almost gave me a heart attack. I could hardly cling to the steep slope, while he was just going down with absolute ease.

It was more like a free fall than a free ride...

Eventually, I was glad I stayed there, because this place offered quite special shots for the sportswear catalogue.

Paya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having finished his wild ride happily, Jack finally seemed to be satisfied as far as his adventure self was concerned. We stopped at a snow park and took a short rest. Snacks were good and our mood even better. To my delight, the spot was calling for some nice promo shots, and Jack was posing casually for me without much complaining. (Which is otherwise quite unusual.)

Jack: Hurry up, Iím sliding here. ...really, if you donít push the button now, I will fall. Iím getting cramps in my back.

Jack: Can you see me at all through the wide lens?
Paja: Uhmm.
Jack: What?
Paja: Donít worry, youíre in there.
Jack [mumbling under his breath]: Yeah. As a tiny dot, I can imagine.

After this little public performance*), we wrapped it up and went home. Despite the bad weather, it was a successful day after all.

*) There was a ski lift right above our heads so the skiers sitting on it and going up wondered what the crazy photographer, lying prone in the cold snow, was doing down there.

I hope you have enjoyed this mini series and will come back to see the next part.

To be continued.
Caty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots and great story, Paya, thanks Very Happy

The pic with Jack in RDA's arm is my favourite, guess why Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:

Astra wrote:
And you have no idea what a great time to post this is - as I will be back at the exact same hotel in two and a half weeks. With my brother. I am busy trying to remember the exact way to walk, so these pictures help a bit!

I can send you more photos, mapping the whole way. Wink

That would be very helpful Wink

The skiing pictures are wonderful as well. I love especially the fourth one, which shows him from the back - he looks especially real there. You know, I recently showed your figures in Vancouver to my Grandmother, and well, her sight isn't so well anymore, and the picture with Jack and the ice-cream at the Steam clock? She asked if that was my brother LOL

I also like the picture where Jack has the ski at his shoulder, that is a lovely pose! And the steep slope of course. He isn't afraid of anything, is he? Maybe it's good that he has no knees, therefore he cannot do any damage to them...

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
Fandango

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paja, very nice series!
Paya

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caty wrote:
The pic with Jack in RDA's arm is my favourite, guess why Wink

I have no clue... Wink
Astra wrote:
I recently showed your figures in Vancouver to my Grandmother, and well, her sight isn't so well anymore, and the picture with Jack and the ice-cream at the Steam clock? She asked if that was my brother LOL

Well, two handsome guys - it's easy to mistake them for each other. Very Happy

Astra wrote:
And the steep slope of course. He isn't afraid of anything, is he? Maybe it's good that he has no knees, therefore he cannot do any damage to them...

I wouldn't be so sure. Okay, maybe he cannot damage his knees, but he has hit his head, nose, shoulders, arms quite many times already. You know him. Sometimes he's like a magnet for disasters.
Fandango wrote:
Paja, very nice series!

Thank you, Fandango. It's nice of you. I hope you will like the rest of the story as well. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 56 of 62

Jump to: