RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate Figures in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paya for this interesting view of your photoshooting Very Happy

Now we can imagine how much work it was, but it must have been very funny Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...continuing:

This is actually a real military pouch that I am using for various photo and other accessories. It also proved to be useful means of transport for figures between locations.

It is funny how the figures sometimes gather in there. This is an example from a different time and location but shows perfectly how these spontaneous situations look like (I swear itís not arranged.).

Ship ahoy! Big fun aboard the whale watching boat. Leaving Jack standing on his own was a no go. Holding him tight in my hand was the best way to keep him safe while taking advantage of the attractive background with the spraying water at the stern.

Astra's desert camo Jack was joining us on this trip, but stayed back among the filming crew, enjoying his free time and making fun of his civvy counterpart.

Jack: Shall I have the lifebuoy ready when he falls into the water?

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the travelling Jack was taking a rest during a short stop at Vancouver Island, the desert camo Jack was exploring secret realms of Butchard's Garden.

Jack: Now what am I supposed to do HERE?!

Jack: Okay, this is better.

Time to relax on our way back home.

Astra made sure her Jack was comfortable and warm in the strong wind.

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo shoot in Stanley Park. The amorphous thing down there is trying to take a photo of Jack with the whole Downtown skyline. It was big fun. Not that much for my back though.

A similar constellation in the Totem Park.

At the beach in the evening. Happy Astra found an SG-1 size log.

It was getting dark and my little 'Precious' had to send a red light for focusing.

Paya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pitch dark when we were walking from Stanley Park to our hotel. But it didnít prevent Astra from spotting another location that called for attention. Jack didnít seem to be that eager though.

Jack: Hurry up. Iím hungry.
Astra: Just one picture. Itíll be no more than a minute.

Having taken another special photo, we continued happily towards the hotel, chatting. About a kilometer further, Astra stopped dead in her tracks. ďI donít have my Jack! I forgot to put him back into my bag and left him on the bench.Ē

She ran back at lightning speed, and fortunately found Jack at the very same spot, waiting angrily.

Jack: What did I tell you about ĎNo one gets left behind?!í

The last, relaxing day and happy kids in a shop on Granville Island.

Wrong number. Too small for Astra, too big for the figures.

We had a real good time with Jack at the marina.

Jack: Shall I stand here? Or over there?
Paja: Stay as you are. This is great. Iíll just try the other lens.
Jack: Ďkay
Paja: Donít move.
Jack: Iím waiting. Not going anywhere.
Paja: Good.
Astra: Ahem, guys, sorry to interrupt you, but I really think we should move on. I would hate to miss the plane.

And that's the end of the story. We packed hastily and ran to the airport. Itís good when someone keeps an eye on the time.

Thank you for watching and see you at the next action figure adventures!

(My thanks to Astra and pcaseyco for their photos!)
Yalisa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that your BTS photos are as entertaining as your photo story. Too bad that the story is over, I enjoyed it very much. Very Happy

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:

It is funny how the figures sometimes gather in there. This is an example from a different time and location but shows perfectly how these spontaneous situations look like (I swear itís not arranged.).

"Sir, could you move your elbow a bit please?."
Also Jack's line is so funny. "I'm gettin' old just standig here." Well, this place isn't that bad Jack, isn't it? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:
It was pitch dark when we were walking from Stanley Park to our hotel. But it didnít prevent Astra from spotting another location that called for attention.

Reminds us of the statue of the goddess at the opening sequence of STARGATE, right. Good catch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I find most amazing about your behind-the-scenes story? It's the fact that you were doing all this with a little point-and-shoot camera! Here I was picturing you with a fancy SLR and multiple interchangeable lenses to get complicated settings and to capture the unique lighting and depth of field.

Proof positive that it's the *photographer* and not the camera that makes spectacular images.

Simply speechless.

Kate
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KateR wrote:
You know what I find most amazing about your behind-the-scenes story? It's the fact that you were doing all this with a little point-and-shoot camera! Here I was picturing you with a fancy SLR and multiple interchangeable lenses to get complicated settings and to capture the unique lighting and depth of field.

Proof positive that it's the *photographer* and not the camera that makes spectacular images.

Simply speechless.

Kate

I second this

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
Caty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great shots and nice story Very Happy

When do you go on your next vacation? Just waiting for more SG1-pics Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Paya, I'm dying here! Dying of laughter! What a fun way to go. Your dialogues are hysterical.

I was also just amazed about that picture of you and Jack laying side-by-side on the boat. Totally had forgotten about taking that one!

Yeah, poor Jack, I hope he'll forgive me one day for leaving him behind. Really, what was I thinking? *shakes head*

Belathne wrote:
Reminds us of the statue of the goddess at the opening sequence of STARGATE, right. Good catch.

We were just taking a break, these are the rails of a park bench! Very nice.

KateR wrote:
You know what I find most amazing about your behind-the-scenes story? It's the fact that you were doing all this with a little point-and-shoot camera!

Well, the little point-and-shoot is my camera. There is a reason why I haven't posted my pictures in here yet but waited (not so) patiently for Paya to post hers. As there is of course a differency. I was just taking those pictures for my own pleasure, and once in a while something good came out of it.

But for most of our travelling pictures Paya's are better, stronger, faster... ahem - and and yeah, she carried around several cameras and lenses and heavy equipment in bags.

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
Belathne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:

Belathne wrote:

We were just taking a break, these are the rails of a park bench! Very nice.

Right. I didn't notice.

Quote:
But for most of our travelling pictures Paya's are better, stronger, faster...

Sounds familiar. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yalisa, Caty: Thank you very much, ladies. No vacation any time soon unfortunately. However, I have a lot of other photographs that make several stories, and I will be more than happy to post them. So if you like this kind of fun, you can certainly look forward to new Jack and SG-1 adventures.
Belathne wrote:
Astra wrote:

But for most of our travelling pictures Paya's are better, stronger, faster...

Sounds familiar. Wink

Yes, no one can deliver these words better than robot Jack. And Astra. She plays OíNeill very well.
Astra wrote:
Oh Paya, I'm dying here!

You are welcome. Wink
Astra wrote:
I was also just amazed about that picture of you and Jack laying side-by-side on the boat. Totally had forgotten about taking that one!

See how good you are? And I am delighted that I managed to bring some surprises with the photo story even to you who were an important part of the whole vacation. Laughing
Astra wrote:
Well, the little point-and-shoot is my camera.

Actually, it depends on what picture you mean. My little camera is among them too. Yours is the red one, mine the black one, remember? Wink
KateR wrote:
You know what I find most amazing about your behind-the-scenes story? It's the fact that you were doing all this with a little point-and-shoot camera!

Well, I donít want to spoil your amazement, but I do use 'a fancy SLR with multiple interchangeable lenses'. But I also combine it with a point-and-shoot camera, and occasionally, I use the little thing only (like when skiing or whenever I don't want to carry the heavy equipment). And because it allows a full manual mode, I sure play with the settings even on this little fella, and take advantage of its lovely features.

It is great for photographing the figures and working with the perspective, and can provide a big depth of field, which is also very useful in the miniature world. It has simply become another nice creative tool in my equipment. (Youíd better stop me now. I could write a whole essay about this little gem, because I really love the camera.)

So yes, I use them all, trying to get the best of both worlds. In this particular story, you can see images from the SLR and a couple of Ďbigí lenses, as well as from the point-and-shoot.

Anyway, thank you and Pam for the compliments. Itís very nice of you.

And now itís Astraís turn to bring a story to us. I know she has something in her sleeve, and I am very curious what it will be. Smile
Astra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:
Astra wrote:
Well, the little point-and-shoot is my camera.

Actually, it depends on what picture you mean. My little camera is among them too. Yours is the red one, mine the black one, remember? Wink

Yes, but yours can be seen in only one picture, and mine in 95%, so I just wondered how Kate came to the conclusion you did it ALL with that. Only wanted to give credit were credit is due. It's not my fault that most pictures of yourself have you seen from behind with the camera totally hidden Wink

Paya wrote:
And now itís Astraís turn to bring a story to us. I know she has something in her sleeve, and I am very curious what it will be. Smile

Well, if you insist Wink Just don't expect any funny dialogues from me. Or maybe we should have a caption contest?

So, without further ado - those pictures were taken in June, when I visited my friend Nike (the one that brought you all the wedding pictures which I recently posted). The whole idea and most of the figures/utensils used belong to her, but I added a bit here and there as well and acted as the token photographer.

This is part 1/2 - tune in next week to see the second part!

So, SG-1 went on vacation with a Mini. And in the middle of nowhere they had a flat tire.

So they had to change it in the dark. As a team, they worked together very well. Teal'c lifted the car.

Daniel held the new tire ready.

Sam repaired it, and Jack gave her the tools she requested.

When they were finished, Teal'c put the baggage back into the car, and Sam got into the driver's seat.

But Daniel and the Colonel are missing. What is holding them up?

And just a few behind-the-scenes shots as well - the background is actually for a terrarium. I think it worked very well and would buy myself something similar, but then it's huge and I wonder where I shall store it.

This was our solution so that nobody had to held it up all the time:

And that's me:

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 54 of 62

Jump to: