RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate Figures in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:
And nice cliffhanger as well, as at the moment I can't remember if they ever found the Stargate or not!

Really?? Youíre kidding, right?

Now letís see, how Jackís plan worked:

Jack: Elegant in its simplicity, don't you think?

Daniel: What are you waiting for?
Jack: Nothing. Just savoring the moment. A small step for man, a giant leap for us.

Jack: See? Piece o'cake. I told you it was being stored here.

Sam: I feel like a burglar.
Jack: Why? They don't have any use for it. They don't want us here anymore. Get that through your head. We need to grab that thing if we ever want to go on our own missions.
Teal'c: I believe O'Neill is correct.
Daniel: Yeah. Me too.
Sam: [after a moment of hesitation] Me three.

Jack: Okay, kids. Let's move on.

Paya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teal'c: What direction shall we proceed, O'Neill?

Jack: Wherever you like. Just not to the hotel across the street. Ya know, I don't have particularly fond memories of that place. Just a mere thought of the rat Kinsey makes me want to throw up.

Sam: Well, no one can really blame you for that, Sir.

Daniel: [thinking for himself with empathy] Poor Jack. It must have been hard for him when he was so unjustly accused.
Jack: Daniel, focus and hold the thing, dammit! Itís crushing me. I cannot support it all myself here!

Daniel: Sorry.
Jack: Fine, letís get out of here.
Paya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photographer: Wait! I have an idea. Let's arrange a nice photo to your family album.
SG-1: [rolling their eyes. Daniel mumbling something under his breath, letting go of the Ďgate again, Sam watching the horizon impassively, Teal'c wearing a stoic face, Jack impaling me with his threatening laser look even through his goggles]

After a couple of minutes of gentle persuasion:

Daniel: Why do we always listen to her? Now we're walking around here like idiots dragging a load of rusty metal.
Jack: They're called mules, Daniel.
Sam: I don't feel my shoulder anymore.
Photographer: [excitedly] Hold on, we're almost there.

Photographer: Just a tiny little bit to the right... no, not there, my right... I mean to your left... that's it... now look into the camera...
SG-1 simultaneously:
- What? Right or left?
- It cannot rust, Daniel, it's made of...
- Step to the left, Daniel Jackson.
- Oh for cryin' out loud.

*CLICK!*

Perfect! Thank you, guys!

Certainly to be continued. Wink
Yalisa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, words fail me. That's absolutely stunning and it all looks very realistic too. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:
Astra wrote:
And nice cliffhanger as well, as at the moment I can't remember if they ever found the Stargate or not!

Really?? Youíre kidding, right?

Aaaaaaaah! That's cheating! You changed locations while we weren't looking! I meant I didn't remember whether or not there was a Stargate found on Tollana Wink

Of course I remember THAT. That was a hilarious afternoon. And I am not sure if we might have ended up on some security camera. I'm sure they were scratching their heads Wink

I am just in awe all over again. How do you do it? How do you come up with such perfect little dialogues which sound so much like - THEM? How do become random pictures - a story?

(Daniel looks really a bit uninterested LOL)

The idea alone to catch the logo with the lion in the middle of the gate is wonderful. And the "family picture" of course.

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
banlu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOL

Paya, I can almost see the little dolls scurrying across the sidewalk, Stargate bumping along on their shoulders, grumbling and griping with each step (except for Teal'c of course Wink )

And the pictures taken at the hotel and on "Tollana" are absolutely stunning (it's not that the ones from outside the studio aren't excellent, but face, it, the background scenery isn't quite as attractive LOL).

And thank you so much for sharing them.

banlu

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:

Well, yes, itís called Ďaction figure addiction diseaseí. Serious diagnosis.

Obviously. Hopefully there isn't a cure for it. Laughing
Nice story with fantastic photos. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely brilliant!

And, of course, I'm thrilled that they made off with the stargate. That means that they will be able to continue going on missions, whether MGM wants them to or not.

Looking forward to those adventures! Smile

Kate
Paya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yalisa wrote:
Wow, words fail me.

Thank you. That's sweet. Very Happy
Belathne wrote:
Hopefully there isn't a cure for it. Laughing

I hope there is not! The miniature world offers so much.

Astra wrote:
Of course I remember THAT. That was a hilarious afternoon. And I am not sure if we might have ended up on some security camera. I'm sure they were scratching their heads Wink

I'm afraid that's for sure. Do you remember the woman as she came out of the studios and when she spotted us, she took a photo of us taking a photo of the action figures and the studios? We must have looked like a pair of loonies to her.

Astra wrote:
How do you do it? How do you come up with such perfect little dialogues which sound so much like - THEM? How do become random pictures - a story?

I don't know. When I look at the images, dialogues start to pop in my head. Even if the photos may at first be taken separately and seem unrelated, I like to glue them into a story.
banlu wrote:
Paya, I can almost see the little dolls scurrying across the sidewalk, Stargate bumping along on their shoulders, grumbling and griping with each step (except for Teal'c of course Wink )

Exactly. And later in the evening, when we returned to the hotel, everybody (except for Teal'c, who had carried the gate with obvious ease) was complaining about the consequences of their little stunt: Sam had bruised her arm and shoulder, Jack had suffered a bad backache and Daniel had dislocated his little finger. But they are troopers. It only cost me a family pack of blue jello, two cartons of Guiness, Aspirin, and almanac of Museum of Anthropology to have their forgiveness.
banlu wrote:
(it's not that the ones from outside the studio aren't excellent, but face, it, the background scenery isn't quite as attractive LOL).

Strange. How can you not appreciate the distinctive cubistic architecture of the studios? Not to mention the inventive art design of their furnishings:

Let's see if you find the background in the next photos more attractive. Wink
KateR wrote:
And, of course, I'm thrilled that they made off with the stargate. That means that they will be able to continue going on missions, whether MGM wants them to or not.

Yes! That was the goal of the mission. Wink
Paya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vancouver adventure - continuing

After saving the gate, SG-1 took a well deserved rest. They were loitering in the city, enjoying the pleasant relaxation.

However, as you can see, even a simple visit to Vancouver aquarium can be full of unexpected surprises.

Jack: Eew. That's a big snake.
Teal'c: This creature is evoking a memory of Egeria.
Sam: I was just going to say that.

Daniel: It's fascinating.
Jack: Daniel?
Daniel: Looks more like a caterpillar. Kinda cute, don't you think?
Jack: What?!

Jack: Another snake! I'm telling you, guys, this place sucks.

We were walking through the corridors and suddenly, we noticed the team had disappeared. We initiated a search & rescue operation and found them after long minutes in a hidden place, off the busy routes.

Rescuers: Hey, what are you doing there? Can you hear us? Hello! What's wrong with you? Come on, snap out of it!

Jack [outside]: I told you this place was dangerous. Remember? Yep. I said that.
Paya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the streets of Vancouver, Jack wasn't yet safe though.

Jack: Under no circumstances look left, Carter.
Sam: What? Why?
Jack: Don't ask, just keep going.

Jack to the photographer: This is when they're not following orders. Of course, she had to climb up to get a better look. [sighing] Scientists.

The next steps led the team to another well known location.

Jack: Surprise, surprise.

Astra: Hey, guys, can you run down the hill? You know, the same way as it was in the episode. Teal'c will be standing here, next to us, like he was dialing the gate, and the camera will point at you following him down to the DHD.
Jack: What?
Daniel: She's crazy.
Sam: I'm not running anywhere.

After the initial resistance, SG-1 decided they'd better humour Astra, simulated their escape from the planet, and we were happy to take pictures like this one:
Paya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team's visit to Vancouver was slowly but surely coming to its end. Good dinner would be a nice ending. However, the plan to have steaks at OíMalleyís didnít go quite well...

Jack: I thought the reconstruction would be done by now. We didn't ruin it that much. I told Hammond it was just a scuffle.

After a quick discussion, we agreed to go down to the ocean.

Laying on the beach, stretching tired legs and watching beautiful sunset was a perfect farewell to these unforgettable days.

Sam: It was nice to be back again.

Daniel: I'm only sorry we didn't manage it to the museum.

Teal'c: You will have many opportunities to find interesting artifacts in their real surroundings on our future missions, Daniel Jackson.

Jack: In that case, I guess Iíll take a nap first.

The end of Part I.

Sam, Daniel and Teal'c went back home, but Jack stayed a bit longer and took more time just for himself.
Be sure to come back and see the next part. Wink

Last edited by Paya on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Astra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the light, the light! It's pretty, isn't it? Mesmerizing, in fact. *stares* Um, what was I saying? Can't remember...

Seriously, I totally forgot everything! The aquarium and even the running from the hill! It's nice that I can be surprised together with everyone else. Especially the latter look really really great.

And the beach of course. For everyone who has not been to Vancouver yet: At the beaches they have these huge wooden former trees lying around, so people can sit on them. Luckily, we also found one in SG-size!

Love that you finish with Jack's favourite pose. Very nice Vancouver holiday story!

Paya wrote:
I don't know. When I look at the images, dialogues start to pop in my head. Even if the photos may at first be taken separately and seem unrelated, I like to glue them into a story.

See, for me it doesn't work that way. When I have many friends over and we play together, then I just put the stuff on the table and sometimes a funny story invents itself, with everyone starting to play and having funny ideas.

But when I play alone, I need to make up the story in my head first, and then I shoot the pictures accordingly. I think like a director, with close-ups and everything (actually, recently I realize that when watching TV shows I notice more how the camera work is done, how come that each actor is standing where it stands etc.). Because if I discovered later while putting the story together, that I missed something, it would be difficult to go back and re-create the scene.

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
Faron

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You made my morning with that stories!!! Nice Very Happy

Any ideas for a continuation?
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:

LOVE this and the dialogues of course. Great story and great photos, Paya. Did I say that your photos are great?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 50 of 62

Jump to: