RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate Figures in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yalisa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very nice pics. The photo of Jack in front of the fountain is great. Very Happy I'm looking forward to the next part. Razz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice cream cone and steam clock.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Welcome back, Paya. Smile

Kate
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful photos as always

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
tracyj406

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya... your adventures of Jack and photos always bring a smile to my face! Very Happy

TJ, Northern Ontario, Canada
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful photos. You definitely have an eye for details.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I have to mention that the whole Vancouver action figure adventure was largely a team work. Astra brought her desert camo team (and other equipment), I brought my civy Jack (and other equipment), we both threw ideas, arranged scenes and had big fun. And since then poor Astra have been waiting patiently for me to process and post the photos.

Now let's go on with the team story:

Our favourite four continued touring familiar places. After 'Bane' and '2010' locations (for those of you who haven't seen it, the photo story starts here), they stopped - guess where?

Yes, Tollana. With its typical architecture, beautiful clean geometric lines, providing many interesting views and angles for a photographer. In between taking pictures of almost every corner and concrete wall, I followed our heroes to the most known spots.

Daniel: Sam? Are you okay?
Sam: Um, yes. Just recalled a sad moment.

Jack: All right, I was standing right here. Do you remember the pedestal? With the flame? I remember it clearly. Now it's gone.
Daniel: It was a prop, Jack.
Jack: And the other piece of rock? We were sitting at it. Over there.
Daniel: Yeah, that one too. I guess.
Jack: Bummer.
Paya

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam: This is a lovely place. I've never noticed it before.
Teal'c: We were fully occupied in uncovering the conspiracy, Major Carter. There was not considerable amount of time to marvel at the local monuments.

Jack: Any idea what the hole is?
Daniel: Not really.

Jack: Public conviniences?
Daniel: Don't be silly.

Jack: They have some pretty backyard here.

Daniel: So, what's the plan now?

Jack: Find the Stargate.
Daniel: Find the Stargate? That's the plan?

Jack: Yep, that's the plan exactly.

The next part comig soon. Stay tuned. ;o)
Yalisa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures and story. It looks as SG-1 is there in reality. Smile Thanks to you and Astra, you are doing an awesome job.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Besides the creative storytelling (and humor), I am consistently amazed by your ability to maintain depth of field and perspective. You even have people in the background FCOL, and everything looks like it's in perfect proportion. Amazing!

Kate
Anne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya, these are just awesome! I'm truly amazed and in awe about your talent with these dolls and how you put them into the settings and make it all look so real! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work! (and to Asta for being your partner in cime Laughing

Smile Anne
Astra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:
I have to mention that the whole Vancouver action figure adventure was largely a team work. Astra brought her desert camo team (and other equipment)

Yes, Paya asked: "Do you have an ice-cream cone?" And I said "As a matter of fact I do!" Laughing

Quote:
we both threw ideas, arranged scenes and had big fun.

Plus a lot of people asked about what we were doing and we got to talk to quite a few nice people!

Quote:
And since then poor Astra have been waiting patiently for me to process and post the photos.

... or not so patiently. There might have been a nudge or two in the meantime Rolling Eyes

I do have some pictures I took, but as usual, yours are always so much better. And not only the pictures, but with the story you put in between, they become hilarious. Trust Jack to talk about toilets - again.

You are also very good in posing the figures - it looks as if they are actually walking, instead of just standing around. I often have trouble posing them naturally.

And nice cliffhanger as well, as at the moment I can't remember if they ever found the Stargate or not!

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant!!! Paya, how long does it take to set up one scene until you you can take the photo?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics, great story! Laughing

Thank you both for your work Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your nice words. I'm truly happy you like the story.

Belathne wrote:
Brilliant!!! Paya, how long does it take to set up one scene until you you can take the photo?

This is a good question. I donít know actually. Maybe because when I plunge into the miniature world, I seem to get transferred into a different reality with time dilatation? Very Happy

I think it heavily depends on the accessories used. A simple scene with just the figures is quite easy - just arranging them into their poses. It cannot take more than just a couple of minutes. But once other stuff is involved, it becomes more difficult, especially in relation to the environment. When the surface is uneven, when itís windy, the figure sometimes falls, and I have to start to Ďbuildí the scene all over again.

Of all the activities I have tried with the figures so far, I guess skiing with Jack is one of the most time-consuming. Itís also the constant packing and unpacking. Quite a process as a whole: spotting an interesting location, getting to it (which may often equal repeating the circle piste-lift-piste-off piste), getting off the skis, unpacking the little stuff, fixing skis and poles on Jack, arranging him so he would look cool Wink, bracing myself and the camera, trying not to slide or sink into the snow, taking pictures. And now imagine if at the very same moment I push the button, Jack falls. That means digging him out, blowing the snow off of him, blotting his wet clothes, smoothing the snow surface (so he could ski in pristine snow), and starting again - fixing skis and poles etc. And after I manage to take some photos, I have to pack everything safely, and then I move to another interesting photo shoot.

Anyway, I believe setting up scenes is still the shortest part of the whole process. Photographing and photo editing takes me a lot longer (not to mention making the little accessories). Once a scene is arranged, I hardly end up with just one image. I try different angles and compositions, and adjust settings.

Then I bring the stack home and struggle with sorting and picking the candidates for posting. And since I mostly shoot into RAW and prefer a maximum control over the results, I process each and every single image I pick, instead of doing mere batch resizing. That of course adds even more time.

Well, yes, itís called Ďaction figure addiction diseaseí. Serious diagnosis.
Paya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KateR wrote:
I am consistently amazed by your ability to maintain depth of field and perspective. You even have people in the background FCOL, and everything looks like it's in perfect proportion. Amazing! Kate

Thank you. Smile Playing with perspective and trying to make it look like real is probably the biggest fun for me in this hobby. The moment right after I take a photo and check the result on a display for the very first time is my favourite - the moment when the initial idea comes into life.

I'm not sure if I've already mentioned it here, but one of my experiences describes it nicely: I was once photographing Jack in old castle ruins, a very attractive location, when a young couple approached me curiously, wondering what I was doing. When I explained, and they got a better look at the little figure riding a motorbike, the guy asked if he could take a photo for himself. I encouraged him to come closer to get a better perspective, and when he then checked his photo on a display of his camera, a HUGE excited grin appeared on his face. It was like watching myself in a mirror. I laughed and said: "See, that's exactly the fun I have with it!"

Astra wrote:
Yes, Paya asked: "Do you have an ice-cream cone?" And I said "As a matter of fact I do!" Laughing

Which saved me from making it. You have an amazing collection of miniature stuff for the figures.

Astra wrote:
Plus a lot of people asked about what we were doing and we got to talk to quite a few nice people!

Yes, I remember it well. When I was kneeling, bent over, my face almost touching the ground, camera pointing at something mere centimeters from the lens, I often heard behind my back that Astra started to chat with someone. People were curious and Astra was more than happy to provide explanation. She was perfectly equipped for it, too. Shortly before MTM, she had made a photo book from my action figure photos and brought it together with her own photo books to Vancouver. And to my utter amazement, she was carrying them everywhere we went. So when someone asked what we were doing, she pulled the book from her backpack and showed the pictures in it. Very Happy

I agree that the people were nice and those talks were very pleasant.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 49 of 62

Jump to: