RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daily pics of Rick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 520, 521, 522 ... 532, 533, 534  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
banlu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KateR wrote:

Quote:
couch picture appeared in 1996 along with this one.. Haircut looks the same length, (I could be wrong)

Not sure about that one. I don't remember seeing it as long ago as 1996. For some reason I remember thinking that this was taken in his Malibu home, but noticing that he had brought the white sofa with him from Pacific Palisades, the one Sela had bought for him. That would place it in 1998, and the other portrait with the long hair seems to match the family portrait that was taken when Wylie was a baby. So I was placing them all in late 1998 or early 1999. Still not sure. May have to do more checking - or just keep them as a "best guess."

Quote:
I think the last one you showed Kate is from the premiere of Continum?

I think it's from some event *like* that, which I *should* remember, but all my pictures from the Continuum premiere have him wearing a different outfit. Still working on that one.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Back to work...

Kate

I got the bright idea to check the John Tesh interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GIOu2UO5TP8 - the couch pic is definately not from that house.

And now I remember a series of pictures of him at the torn-down home signing posters in a yellow sweatshirt, and he was sitting on that same couch (then showed them off while standing on his balcony). I'm on the laptop, so don't have acces to all my pics right now.

I've been trying to locate magizing articles, becasue I'm guessing that's why the couch pic was taken. No luck so far, but I did find this info, which I thought might be where the Joe Boxer ski picture was taken. But on second look, I realize this would have been several years before. But if you have any other odd ski pics from the late 90's they may have been taken at the Celebrity Sports Invitational in Girdwood Alaska.

Unfortunately some of the whole newspaper articles cost 3 bucks each, but I do have his name in the opening paragraph of a couple of them.

Anchorage Daily News (AK) - February 12, 1998
STARS DUST ALASKA, STATE SOAKS UP PUBLICITY OF CELEBRITY SPORTS GALA
Dr. Ruth and MacGyver arrived Tuesday. Captain Kirk and Linda Blair flew into Anchorage Wednesday. By today, 30-some other celebrities
plus heads of multimillion-dollar corporations like John Paul Mitchell Systems and Hawaiian Tropic and a horde of Hollywood media and
producer types will be snuggled in at the Alyeska Prince Hotel, sipping free wine and schmoozing.They've come to do their part for the
Celebrity Sports Invitational, a bi-annual hootenanny held in places like...

Anchorage Daily News : GIRDWOOD FANS GET LAST LOOK AT STARS‎
$2.95
GIRDWOOD FANS GET LAST LOOK AT STARS
Author: Kim Severson
Daily News Assistant Metro Editor
Staff
Date: February 15, 1998
Publication: Anchorage Daily News (AK)
Page: B1
Word count: 642
Alaska woke up today several celebrities lighter and, if hundreds of thousands of dollars in free hotel rooms, food and skiing pay off,
much more popular with the beautiful people.That's good or bad, depending on which side of the promotional fence one sits. Some Girdwood residents, including many hotel workers who pulled double shifts to cater to the stars, are relieved to see the last of the nearly
200 people who spent the past four days in town for the .....

(same article, different source so different paragraph)
Anchorage Daily News : GIRDWOOD FANS GET LAST LOOK AT STARS‎ $2.95 -''Alan Thicke, Tim Matheson, Richard Dean Anderson -- they were slipping on the rental boots just like everybody else,'' said Clark Saunders, ski services ...

Of course the full articles don't mention him Rolling Eyes

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2245&dat=19971229&id=Vu40AAAAIBAJ&sjid=KyEGAAAAIBAJ&pg=3825,7703466

http://www.alaskarails.org/route-map/grandview.html

banlu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kliggins wrote:
KateR wrote:

I have this picture tagged as 2003/2004.

Spotted this in an old post (Sep 2007) by Verona at Gateworld - same event? Picture titled "GreenwoodHahnpainting" in the url.

When someone asked her where she had been getting her pictures, she said she'd been slogging through this site - circilar refernces, anyone?

banlu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banlu wrote:
And now I remember a series of pictures of him at the torn-down home signing posters in a yellow sweatshirt, and he was sitting on that same couch (then showed them off while standing on his balcony).

Yes, I do have those pictures, dated January 2002. I'm still thinking that the couch picture was some time just before or after Wylie was born, in the original Malibu house.

banlu wrote:
But if you have any other odd ski pics from the late 90's they may have been taken at the Celebrity Sports Invitational in Girdwood Alaska.

I do have a few pictures from Alyeska in February 1998. He was weaing black, with a black hat, and the "apron" thingie was a dark blue. So I'm still not sure about the Joe Boxer one yet.

Kliggins wrote:
I have this picture tagged as 2003/2004.

banlu wrote:
Spotted this in an old post (Sep 2007) by Verona at Gateworld - same event? Picture titled "GreenwoodHahnpainting" in the url.

Ah, that may be why it looked familiar. It does seem to be the same suit and tie, but I'm not sure about the hair. I do have that picture with the artwork - it's from the Courtnall Classic fundraiser in Victoria, BC - July 16, 2004. So if they are from the same place, that would put Kliggins' date in the right range.

I may just stick the picture in there for the time being. Thanks!

Kate
xena

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15r3i_richard-dean-anderson-1_news

new for me.. just wanted to share..
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks xena. He is a good skier, isn't he? Oh and it's so good to hear his voice. Spin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Xena!
Firefly74

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now every time I see RDA biting his lower lip, I have to think of you, ONTLLs!
Thank you very much! Evil or Very Mad

ONTLLs

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I am innocent..
ArianeH

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new for me Wink

erased

Last edited by ArianeH on Mon May 14, 2012 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
KateR

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArianeH wrote:
new for me Wink

It may be worth mentioning here...

I'm not sure where you found this image. It was part of my latest update to the Photo Gallery, and then two days later it appeared on eBay for sale by "stargatepics".

There are many honest sellers on eBay - I know, because I have spent a small fortune there buying pictures to scan and add to my site. But there are also some sellers who simply download images from the internet and print them out or shrink them to transparencies and make a profit selling them.

This seller, in particular, has a reputation for selling pictures that have come from my site, including pictures that were taken by me, and several that were taken by Paja and were on my site with Paja's permission.

I know where *I* got that particular image of RDA with the guitar, and how hard it was to get even a halfway decent scan out of it, so when I see the *exact* same poor quality image, (note the position of the marks and scratches on it), up for sale only two days after I upload it to my site, I have to wonder...

Of course, I post pictures for people to share, not for profit. So for anyone paying money to certain sellers to expand their collections... Caveat Emptor.

Kate
Caty

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate, I adore your effort for this site and the first times, before I joined the forum, I collected many pics from this site for my own special Rick-folder, but I never showed it to someone and never will, it's my treasure Embarassed
These people who try to sell these pics can't be real fans, maybe I share some of my pics with my friends here, cause they all share the same obsession Wink
But never for money, cause we are sisters (and some brothers Wink ) in our enthusiasm for Rick, that's something from the heard, not from the wallet Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some screenshots, which I've taken from the official FedCon-DVD 2011.

[/img]

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, great caps. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yalisa wrote:
Here are some screenshots, which I've taken from the official FedCon-DVD 2011.

great shot.. thanks for sharing..
lovely..
Yalisa

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a few more... Smile Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Photos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 520, 521, 522 ... 532, 533, 534  Next
Page 521 of 534

Jump to: