RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strudel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe you all haven't brought up Window of Opportunity! Jack definitely showed his feelings there - the dip kiss. He showed his feelings, knowing no one else would remember!!

strudel
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strudel wrote:
I can't believe you all haven't brought up Window of Opportunity! Jack definitely showed his feelings there - the dip kiss. He showed his feelings, knowing no one else would remember!!
strudel

That's exactly the point. He knew what he was feeling, but he has never shown Sam, how deeps his feelings really are. Not even, when she told him that she is going to marry Pete. It broke Jack's heart, but he just couldn't change his attitude. It wouldn't even have been necessary to say somthing (you know, men and words), an embrace combined with a deep and passionate kiss would have made everything clear for her - crystal clear. Spin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Point of View as well.
banlu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though we have hints (okay, the WOO kiss was more than a hint) about his feelings for her, we never actually heard Jack's feelings about the situation the way we heard it from Sam in Grace.

Do we actually know he felt unworthy of Sam? Did he think they had a future and was willing to wait until when their circumstances changed? Would he have retired if she had asked? Did he feel that Sam would be settling for him? Would he have never asked her to resign?

He never said anything about any of the above, even when Sam later asked him directly when she showed him the ring.

As for civilians following orders - well, that' how it's supposed to work in theory, but Daniel and Teal'c kind of did their own thing. LOL

banlu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banlu wrote:
Even though we have hints (okay, the WOO kiss was more than a hint) about his feelings for her, we never actually heard Jack's feelings about the situation the way we heard it from Sam in Grace.Do we actually know he felt unworthy of Sam? Did he think they had a future and was willing to wait until when their circumstances changed? Would he have retired if she had asked? Did he feel that Sam would be settling for him? Would he have never asked her to resign?

He never said anything about any of the above, even when Sam later asked him directly when she showed him the ring.

As for civilians following orders - well, that' how it's supposed to work in theory, but Daniel and Teal'c kind of did their own thing. LOL

banlu

You know, Jack isn't so into talking.

Do we actually know he felt unworthy of Sam?
That's just my theory. Maybe I've read too many fanfics. Rolling Eyes Is it possible that Sam was just too intelligent for him? I mean, that he felt that he might not be smart enough for her?

Did he think they had a future and was willing to wait until when their circumstances changed?

He was willing to wait for that day at least until Sam told him that she is going to marry Pete. As long as Sam was single there was no threat and there was no need to become active. Than it was too late for him and he tried to move on (okay, it was just a distraction) with ...what was her name? Totally clear that this wouldn't work. Idea Kerry, had to see these two together only ONCE and she knew! Everybody can see what Jack tries to hide.

Would he have retired if she had asked?
Kerry made this proposal. The best possibility of all. Jack retires, but remains the leader of the SGC as a civillian. But, Jack is a soldier. The Airforce is his life. He couldn't do that, not as a General. Jack wouldn't have retired, if she had asked. He wouldn't have been satisfied with a life with Sam without an important job. He would have felt inferior and that would have changed his personality. I guess Sam wouldn't have been happy with a Jack like that - and she knew.

Did he feel that Sam would be settling for him?
He couldn't be sure as he has never given her a sign that he really loves her. Yeah, she knows that he cares about her, but Jack avoided each single opportunity to talk about their feelings and they got a few over the years.
As I said before. Sam would have needed only a tiny little hint. Jack got hints enough, but that man was really afraid of starting something, what he wouldn't be able to stop anymore and he knew that.

Would he have never asked her to resign?

NO! I mean yes, he would have never asked her to resign. She would have done it, though. It's somehow easier for a woman, as for us it isn't necessary to prove ourselves all the time. She also could have done her job as a civillian. He knew that she would have done it, but maybe he was afraid that she wouldn't be satisfied with the new situation and he didn't want to be the reason for an unhappy Sam.

Sam was longing for someone to love, more than Jack did I guess and she knew whom she wanted. It was always only Jack. God, these two stubborn idiots drive me crazy! Laughing

BTW, I watched Point Of View last night. Oh man, Jack couldn't get over the other Sam's hair, hehe. I can fully understand that as it was really terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bring up some good points.

Remember Jack is much smarter than he acts. He was a pilot at some point in his AF career which means he had to know aeronautic and some physics. The Air Force won't make the commitment if they don't think the person can fulfill the requirements. When Carter starts going on he just wants the answer, a bottom line kind of guy, without all the detail.

Even if he retired and worked as a civilian they still couldn't have a relationship. He would still be her boss and it may not be illegal it really isn't a good idea for the same reasons it is illegal in the military.

Jack could be the kind of guy who won't make any long term commitments because of his failed marriage and what happened to his son. He is closed off emotionally There is no doubt he has strong feelings for Sam but he is an honorable man and would not ever try to hold her back from fulfilling her career goals. I think he feels like he isn't good enough for her but he really is!!

I am totally shippy for them. I think they would be great together and no doubt there is major sparkage!
eva

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in season 9 "Ex Deus Machina

Sam get the question how Pete is and she answer that they brooke up. the person then says "so You are single again
and she answer: Not excactly

I do like that sceene- if You consider whom did they spoke to when they wanted her to come back so ...
CathyRas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she was talking to Agent Barrett f the NID!

He was interested in Sam but i don't think she ever had any interest in him.
Belathne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....... and she said "not exactly"? Shocked Really? Shocked Never heard it, at least not consciously. Well, her heart belongs to a particular someone anyway. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She wanted to spare his feelings by being vague.

her heart will always belong to Jack Smile

Cathy
Belathne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it was a tiny little hint for the audience that there is finally something going on between them. DAMN, and I had the hope that I will get the chance to see this in the last SG1 movie. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belathne
"....... and she said "not exactly"? Really? Never heard it, at least not consciously. Well, her heart belongs to a particular someone anyway."

Oh yes she said!!

I had to go backwards at the DVD to be shore that I wrote exactly right!!

Very Happy
Belathne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eva wrote:
Belathne
"....... and she said "not exactly"? Really? Never heard it, at least not consciously. Well, her heart belongs to a particular someone anyway."

Oh yes she said!!

Very Happy

Oh, I believed you totally. I just cannot remember that I heard her saying this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eva wrote:
Belathne

Oh yes she said!!

Very Happy

and where and when exactly dis she say that?
i need to be reminded..

i was so disapointed when she decided to marry pete. i believe she is really pathetic when it comes to social matters, like many too high iq people. they just don't know how to behave..
xena

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eva wrote:
Well in season 9 "Ex Deus Machina

Sam get the question how Pete is and she answer that they brooke up. the person then says "so You are single again
and she answer: Not excactly

I do like that sceene- if You consider whom did they spoke to when they wanted her to come back so ...

oh, i remember.. but i believe that was a tricky answer for the man not to go after her.. Wink

and.. if i were sam.. when showing pete's ring to jack.. i would at least try to tell him that pete was not the one i would like to choose..

a great fan-fic could be written about this detail, right belathne?

Mr. Green
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: