RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/11 Tribute - "A Fighting Spirit - NY MMA Fighters Rem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarbaraBoo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Tribute - "A Fighting Spirit - NY MMA Fighters Rem Reply with quote

My son, Matthew, is the Executive Producer of this documentary. It was released on his website today at 3 pm. He already has 4 interviews with regards to this film so far.

Please check it out, even if you are not into the mixed martial arts.

May all the people who died on that tragic day not only in NYC but the Pentagon and Shanksville, PA rest in peace.

My husband knew many of the Port Authority of NY/NJ police officers who died at the World Trade Center. President Bush still carries the badge of George Howard, a PA police officer. When the President met his elderly mother, she pressed her son's badge into Bush's hand. Steve worked with George for many years. My husband had retired in 2000 as a sgt and worked at JFK airport prior to retirement (26 1/2 yrs on the job).

BarbaraBoo

http://www.thefightnerd.com/a-fighting-spirit-how-9-11-affected-the-ny-mma-community/
SairalindŽ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 9/11 Tribute - "A Fighting Spirit - NY MMA Fighters Reply with quote

I never thought I would see another tragedy after the space shuttle Challenger exploded on tv; then seeing 9/11 in 2001 happen topped it. It changed how things were and how things are now. This war is not an ordinary war that started 10 years ago, but a war on terrorism and we should never forget it. BarbaraBoo, thanks for sharing that documentary.
BarbaraBoo wrote:

May all the people who died on that tragic day not only in NYC but the Pentagon and Shanksville, PA rest in peace.
A BIG AMEN to that.

Always praying for Richard and his family.
BarbaraBoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Sairalinde.

When I watch the news or read an article about that tragic day, my eyes well up with tears. My husband heard many stories about what happened to some of the people he knew that died that day. They were horrifying. NYC is on high alert. The National Guard is even in the subways carrying
assault rifles. My girlfriend came home today from visiting family in Florida.
We picked her up at JFK airport. She said that the security guard checked her jewelry, especially the bracelets. This never happened before as she travels down there at least 3 times a year.

Feel free to post this video on other sites if you like. Though this is MMA
(mixed martial arts) related, they have their own memories of that day and how they coped with it.

Never Forget. God Bless America.

Peace,
BarbaraBoo
SairalindŽ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the day you posted this link was the same day I was looking at the NY-Times. I saw this article there "The 9/11 Tapes: The Story in the Air" Listening to the tapes...the story was chilling to the bone as it was as if it were yesterday. You can see and listen to it here:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/09/08/nyregion/911-tapes.html?ref=nyregion

Let's not forget our fallen heroes that day.

Always praying for Richard and his family.
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had to post this. It's a video of Jim Cornelison singing the National Anthem at the Bears/Atlanta game. We're use to him singing it at the Blackhawks' games, but he outdid himself today. It gave me goosebumps.

http://www.examiner.com/nfl-in-national/9-11-11-national-anthem-chicago-bears-vs-atlanta-falcons-video

Pam

BTW, the cheering during the anthem is the Chicago fans way of showing there support for our troops (past and present) and honoring those who have given there all for this country.

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: