RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate Figures in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KateR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:
TO ALL:

A bit off topic, but I want to show you something.

That is *incredible*. I think my favorite part was all the people taking flash pictures in the stadium. Such attention to detail!

I would love to see something like that, but Astra, I don't think you (or Paya) should go. They'll never get you out of there! Laughing

(Of course there's always the chance to join the project?) Wink

When I was a kid, my family built a train set in our basement, all designed to look like an Alpine village. It wasn't nearly as big or detailed as this one, but we took photos of it, and when I showed a friend from France, he thought it was a real European village and asked where we had visited. It was a fun project!

Kate
banlu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:
That's like "water cock" for a faucet Wink

Actually, "cock" is a plumbing term in English, and it refers to a valve or faucet. There are stopcocks {valves in the middle of a pipe to shut off the flow), escape cocks (valves that open to relieve excess pressure in a boiler), oil cocks (which controls the flow of oil into, for example, a furnace), gascocks {which control the flow of gas), petcocks (which are small valves for draining excess water or for bleeding off air in pipes) and the ever popular ballcocks Surprised (the valves connected to the floatball in a toilet tank).

But 'mnemonic' is a boring word? It's a weird one for English, that's for sure.

Miniature Wunderlans is aptly named - it is a wonderland in miniature! The airport is absolutely amazing! I wonder if that's where Germany got the idea for the country introductions in this year's Eurovision - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXzW6gm2hdM - Those litttle clips were so charming. I found out that effect is called tilt-shift photography,

And Kate is right - that place would be like "The Light" for you - who knows how long withdrawal would take? So better plan on being gone couple of weeks Wink

banlu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KateR wrote:
That is *incredible*. I think my favorite part was all the people taking flash pictures in the stadium. Such attention to detail!

Yeah, I liked that too! I just recently was at a concert in a stadium and that's exactly what we did. Amazing.

Quote:

I have seen a lot of documentations about it in German TV, and I thought about it. But seriously? It would not work. It is not like I do it, do a bit here, do a bit there, and have fun with trying stuff out. They have to deliver the models in time and they work over hours and it is always hectic and busy. I think I would lose the fun in creating stuff, so I rather leave it as a hobby.

Quote:

When I was a kid, my family built a train set in our basement, all designed to look like an Alpine village. It wasn't nearly as big or detailed as this one, but we took photos of it, and when I showed a friend from France, he thought it was a real European village and asked where we had visited. It was a fun project!

Sounds great! The problem with such train sets is, though, that once they are finished they become quite boring, as the trains can only go around in the same way. My little brother had much more fun with a set of loose rails, which he could put together differently each time so it never got old.

banlu wrote:
Actually, "cock" is a plumbing term in English, and it refers to a valve or faucet.

Really? You're not pulling my leg? (which would be "take me on the arm" in German Wink )
But yeah, looked it up and found the three-way-cock. That is very interesting. Right, Hahn also means two things in German - the rooster and the faucet.

Quote:
I wonder if that's where Germany got the idea for the country introductions in this year's Eurovision - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXzW6gm2hdM - Those litttle clips were so charming.

You are right, the clips were lovely. The postcard for Turkey shows Dresden, btw., my homecity - if someone wants to have a look - starts at 3:08. And again Dresden for Russia at 4:42.

Quote:
And Kate is right - that place would be like "The Light" for you - who knows how long withdrawal would take? So better plan on being gone couple of weeks Wink

We let you know so that you can come get us Wink

And, to get on topic again, where are your vacation pictures, Paya? I know you have some Cool

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
Paya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KateR wrote:
I would love to see something like that, but Astra, I don't think you (or Paya) should go. They'll never get you out of there! Laughing

Actually, it sounds like a good scenario. Smile

KateR wrote:

That thought also crossed my mind...

KateR wrote:
When I was a kid, my family built a train set in our basement, all designed to look like an Alpine village. It wasn't nearly as big or detailed as this one, but we took photos of it, and when I showed a friend from France, he thought it was a real European village and asked where we had visited. It was a fun project! Kate

It must have been amazing. What has been its fate since? Does still rest somewhere? Or did it go to the happy hunting grounds?

banlu wrote:
And Kate is right - that place would be like "The Light" for you - who knows how long withdrawal would take?

LOL
banlu wrote:
So better plan on being gone couple of weeks :wink:banlu

Is anybody here interested in sponsoring the Action Figures in Action Team? Anyone?
Astra wrote:
And, to get on topic again, where are your vacation pictures, Paya? I know you have some Cool

*cough* Ahem. Which vacation exactly are you referring to? This year? Last year? The year before?

I believe you mean the latest special images, right? Wink All right, give me a sec here. *Paya diving into her storage, rummaging through her photos, mumbling something unintelligible under her breath*
Paya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we are. Before I post the images Astra mentioned, let me show you where it actually started.These two pictures (sorry if I've already posted them; I lost track) are from Day 1 - I took them right after I got my very first action figure, two years ago or so. When I unwrapped it, I just started to play with it and tried how it would look like on camera. Then I went on with playing in Photohop and shortly this little idea of making CD leaflets was born. Since then, I have kept adding a couple of new images now and then, and it has become another long time work in progress of mine, one I very much enjoy beside the Jack O'Neill sportswear theme.

Paya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it has taken a whole new level thanks to a new instrument I finally managed to get. So I guess I'll skip those two years and will show you brand new promo shots of a certain musician I was honoured to take this summer. They are supposed to appear in a leaflet for his new album. Wink

Paya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A poster to a leading song:

Paya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it so far. More to come. A trailer should come one day, too. Smile
It was a pleasure to take photographs of this awsome guitar player and singer. He was uncharacteristically patient during the long hours of posing for the camera. Wink
ArianeH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !!! what a handsome guitar player ! I'm impatient to hear him playing !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Very talented artistic job Paya !!! Spin Razz Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya, you REALLY need to be doing this as a career.

WOW.

And yes, like Ariane, I'm wondering if you will now be recording his album for us? Smile

Kate
Pamk1950

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya, just one word: FANTASTIC!!!

Pam

She dreams of Mermaids, Motorcycles and a man that can Dance.

LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about leaning to DANCE in the rain
strudel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to add to the applause - absolutely amazing. If I had an emoticon that clapped there would be a crowd of them here!

Strudel
Chantal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG that airport is freaking unbelievable! Very, very amazing!
banlu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOL at the pics, Paya! Soem of those poses are spot on!

You're creativity continues to astound me.

banlu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya wrote:
Astra wrote:

*cough* Ahem. Which vacation exactly are you referring to? This year? Last year? The year before?

LOL It's true, I still am waiting for Sam and Jack in Saxon Switzerland, or more from the action figures adventures in Vancouver. That would be nice!

But I did indeed mean the music guy this time.

The one with the golden CD looks like something you can buy at a convention. Did you get inspired by those long black... what's the technical term... "things" you got in Birmingham?

I love all the other poses of course, each one is better than the previous, but the one that let me look the longest at it was the one with the roof in the background. Love wooden roofs. That is a great location!

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 47 of 62

Jump to: