RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm lost...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Richard Dean Anderson
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bella_1959

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: I'm lost... Reply with quote

My name is Judith, my mom Bella is a member of this forum. She is in the hospital now for 5 days. She developed pneumonia. Along with her diabetes she isnt doing too well.
She mentioned to me that she wanted to send a donation to one of Richard Dean Anderson's friend for his birthday gift. Unfortunately she wont be able to do this on time. Is there a way she can send it when she is out, and still send Richard his birthday message when she gets out also?
She is a very big fan of his and is disappointed she wasnt able to do this one act for him and his friend!

Thanks for any advice!

Judith
abearatemysister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Judith Reply with quote

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she gets well soon. I was just going to say maybe you should send your question to Kate. Kate is always very helpful and understanding. On the home page is a place where you can contact the administer. I hope this helps. My son is in the hospital too with a very intense stomach virus, we both have diabetes so anytime a diabetic gets sick, things get tougher.
Best wishes,
Cathy
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Following up on the idea that started rolling a little while back for Mr. Anderson's birthday, we're going to start a one month fundraising drive for the Sandoval Family.

Rather than send anything through mail, no matter how inexpensive, it would go a longer way if that small amount of money would go to the Sandovals. It doesn't matter if all we can spare is $1. The power fans have is not in how much we can do, but in how many of us do it. If every one of RDA's followers on Twitter donated 50 cents, we'd be looking at at least $6,000 in donations. I hope you can see what I mean...

I have received a very gracious reply from Kate R, who has agreed to once again pass along the gesture and out well-wishing messages to Mr. Anderson.

So the way this works, so we by-pass any snail mail (especially with the massive airport shut-down) is:

Everyone interested in taking part, makes their donation to the Sandoval paypal:

sandovalfamilyparty@gmail.com

Then you FORWARD your donation receipt (so we match the donation to the message and keep track of a total raised) to:

alexaconstantine_md@yahoo.com
ALONG with your birthday message to Mr. Anderson. All messanges will be put together, in the order we receive them and sent to Kate to pass along to Mr. Anderson. The individual receipts will NOT be forwarded to Mr. Anderson. Only the fundraising TOTAL.

We also already have a couple people who want to donate items to be auctioned off on E-bay with the profits donated to the Sandovals. So you can get involved that way too. If you don't have an E-bay account, I can hold the auction for you on my E-bay. YOU are, however, responsible for securely shipping the item to the winning bidder. But again, lets keep in mind that Europe is mostly under air travel lockdown due to snow...

FINAL DAY FOR SENDING IN YOUR MESSAGES (along with the donation receipt) IS JAN 20TH 2011!

E-bay auctions will start on Thursday, donations to the Sandovals are open as of now!

This is the information you need. Last possible day is tomorrow. You can contact ALLIE here on the forum and send her a pm or write an e-mail to the address in red color. Please have also a look at the RDA birthday thread, which is in the RDA section as well.

I hope your mother will be better soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you make the donation for your mom? And she can pay you back when she can? I can provide you with all the details to make the donation if you don't know how to use paypal.

I'm PM-ing you with two other options. I don't mind making another donation for you, besides mine, and we can settle that when your mom gets out, if you want the message included with the rest....

That's all I can offer. For anything else, talk to Kate. She might come up with other options.

See the PM.
Bella_1959

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Hi all, Im home now and just wanted to say thanks to those of you who helped my daughter out! Myself included. You're all great!

Love and Hugs!

Bella
Fandango

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bella, glad you're feeling better!
ArianeH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fandango wrote:
Bella, glad you're feeling better!

Welcome back !!!! Razz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and hopefully in good condition again!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Richard Dean Anderson All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: