RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RDA Article in "The Onion"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
banlu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: RDA Article in "The Onion" Reply with quote

This article "'Stargate SG-1' Fans Disappointed To See Richard Dean Anderson Walk Onto Stage Like A Normal Person" is popping up all over the place today.

"The Onion" does parody (just look at the other articles), so it's good for a laugh, but it isn't real.

Just wanted to make sure people, especially the non-Americans who may not have heard of "The Onion", understand that.

banlu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oysh.....
Yep, that's the Onion.

But as for the actual NY Comic Con...didn't see him on the guest list, did see Chris Judge, but not Rick. Hmmm...pulled a surprise drop in, perhaps?
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link banlu.
As for the "just some guy"in the article,............................Rick believes that he is JUST SOME GUY. Very Happy Remember.......... A MAN, not THE MAN!!!!

I'm really glad that on this forum are people with different priorities and interests besides the main one.
There are the members, who search the internet for new information.
There are the ones, who supply us with nice pics all the time.

And there are the ones, who cannot wait to write a more or less intelligent Wink , funny or even naughty comment! Embarassed Wink (No offence to anybody, I was just talking about one person here, who I know well - ME!!!) Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fandango wrote:
Oysh.....
Yep, that's the Onion.

But as for the actual NY Comic Con...didn't see him on the guest list, did see Chris Judge, but not Rick. Hmmm...pulled a surprise drop in, perhaps?

I searched before I posted, and just searched again, and didn't find any other reference to him being there.

So none of this article is true - other than the fact that RDA walks onstage like a normal person LOLOL

Actually, when I first saw the headline, I thoight of his comment after his foot surgery, that he was now walking "like a people". LOL

Add another RDA myth to the list. Rolling Eyes

banlu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banlu wrote:

Actually, when I first saw the headline, I thoight of his comment after his foot surgery, that he was now walking "like a people". LOL

Add another RDA myth to the list. Rolling Eyes

banlu

HELP! Now it comes, language barrier in full bloom. What does this mean exactly?
Like anyboy else? Like a human? How did he walk before? Rolling Eyes Question The Germans are A PEOPLE. Rolling Eyes

Maybe I'm just a bit dense today! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Onion" - "Zwiebel", a satire magazine like "Titanic" press,
it "zwiebelt" a bit.
banlu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belathne wrote:

HELP! Now it comes, language barrier in full bloom. What does this mean exactly?
Like anyboy else? Like a human? How did he walk before? Rolling Eyes Question The Germans are A PEOPLE. Rolling Eyes

Maybe I'm just a bit dense today! Laughing

LOLOLOL

A couple of years ago, Rick sent Kate and email that caused all sorts of problems for non-Americans (as well as a few Americans). It's the April 21, 2008 'Note From Rick' titled 'Continuum'.

In it he was talking about the progress he was making following his second foot surgery, and wrote "I am nearly walking like a people."

He likes to play with words. Since some nouns in English use the same word for the singular and plural (one sheep, two sheep), he purposely mis-used 'people' to be funny. So what he meant was he was almost walking normally, after limping around for so long.

I think of that phrase often, now that my new knees let me 'walk like a people" too. Very Happy

banlu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your explanation banlu. Very Happy I'm glad to hear that this "joke" caused problems for some Amercians as well.

Rick, please give me the chance to get to know how you are thinking, than I'll understand all your jokes immediately!!! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son was at the NY Comic Con on Friday & Sunday. He did not
see RDA. If he did, I am sure that he would wiggle his way to take
a photo for his mommy.

BarbaraBoo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: