RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate Figures in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was such a nice place that I forgot to check the time. When I finally looked at my watch, I went like "OMG".
Jack seemed to be undisturbed and utterly relaxed.

- Jack let's go, we have to hurry, so we manage to get back.

- But we haven't tried that farthest piste over there yet.
- It's late. We have a couple of valleys to cross and if we don't do it before they close the lifts...
- Okay, I get it.

We packed quickly and were ready in a minute. Except for...

- Jack? Get out of my ski!
- *innocent whistling*

*letting out a breath* We made it, and now we can relax. There is just one run down before us. So we can sit for a while and enjoy the serene, early-evening scenery - like this view at Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in the Alps.

It was a nice trip, more like wandering on skis than anything else. Over the next days, it was going to be more athletic, so stay tuned for the other photographs. Wink

TO BE CONTINUED!
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paya, I don't know what to say. Perfect, everything is perfect. The story, the extraordinary quality of your pics and the weather!!! Just GREAT!!!! Thanks for sharing. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mountains, snow, and Jack...*sigh*

Beautiful pictures. I so envy you.

^_^
Astra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's absolutely stunning. I have no words for how wonderful I think those are.

I love the wallpaper with the words and pictures engraved in the wood. And did you do the little drawing? Very good!

I love how Jack is sitting there relaxed and the replicator reference. And it looks funny when he is staying on your skis.
With all the other pictures one could forget how tiny he is, he looks so real.

I'm glad you made it into the valley on time!

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/
KateR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:
With all the other pictures one could forget how tiny he is, he looks so real.

That's just what I was thinking! I get so caught up in his little world - only his own skis are making tracks in the snow, the scenery is breathtaking. And then all of the sudden he is in an ENORMOUS helmet - it's like Alice in Wonderland! Laughing

I really admire the creativity of all the photographers here.

But Paya - I wasn't kidding about depending on you and your camera at MTM!

Kate
sally

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Paya, you are so clever Smile What absolutely wonderful pictures, and Jack does indeed look so real, one can hardly believe how tiny he really is. Superb. Well done Smile
Best wishes,
Sally
Astra

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not want to wait any longer for the General O'Neill figure to be made, so I made my own dress blues Jack. The base figure is a Wesley figure in grey suit from the Buffy-line (which came with the suit case that leans against Jack's desk). If you are interested, I can post some in progress pictures.

The thank for this idea and much help with details goes to Roll my blues on Gateworld. Here are some pictures:

The little picture of RDA (Jack?) and his brothers was made by Fandango as a gift for me. Finally I found a place for it! Many thanks again, Fandango! (The frame is a bead)

Garfina

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dress-blues Jack

All your work is simply fabulous. Your attention to detail is so "on" that I'm surprised that you missed this. The nameplate on the desk says Brig. Gen. J. O'Neill, a one-star General. Your Jack figure has two stars on the epaulets on his shoulders. This would indicate that he is a Major General. I know that in the series Jack advanced quite rapidly once he became a general, so it would be easy to miss labeling his insignia or updating his nameplate. I figured that you'd want to know.

BTW, I love that you included the Asgard stone that is on the first shelf of the bookcase. Yes, please post the progression photos. I love your work.

Money talks. Mine says good-bye.
Fandango

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra! Good to see you on! I was beginning to wonder if you had abandoned us....

You did a sweet job on the uniform! Looks great! You've developed quite a talent for customizing figures. I could never really get past the "make the paint stay" stage...but then, I was experimenting with a less expensive figure with a less than agreeable surface. I also have problems popping the heads off for trading bodies...I always feel guilty. Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

You sure have a way with those small documents. They look perfect! ...Including the letters, right down to the postage!

I'm glad you found use for the world's smallest family photo. Laughing Very Happy
Love the fact that you have his jet model, too....

Very fun! Thanks for sharing!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Anne

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, dress blues Jack! I want, want, want! 'steals dress blues Jack from Astra and hides it'Razz

These are great, Astra. Love the desk and the document and the picture. Very cool!
Belathne

Location: Bonn, Germany / Oh for cryin' out loud, it's me again!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always impressed how much love you guys put into the details!!! GREAT!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry I missed all this Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Been catching up here since beginning of this year, and I wanted to be here,but then I was sick and mostly rheuma, and then comnputer problems etc.

Now I went trough all of these new picture stories and I want to thanks everyone for all their great artwork Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Diana wonderful Astra asmazing Anne so cute, and PAYA PAYA dear PAYA girl I gotto say it Very Happy Stunning , amazing OUSTANDING Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

WOW girl these are so incredible wonderful. I enjoyed every one of them, and I did see Mac here as well LOL buidling his own motorbike Laughing
But I do see Jack in it as well,because Jack could more then he ever showed us Wink

Now about them man himself Richard Dean Anderson Wink Well he does often say he's terrible in things like a video . computer or photograpy,but he sure knows what to do with a camera Wink

PAYA I see lot of Rick in Jack in his free time Wink Very Happy Very Happy

And those skiing pjoto stories and those promotion ones Laughing Laughing Laughing

Man I love them there so amazing so outstanding good Very Happy Very Happy

I dont know if it s me alone, but if you didn't know it you would think your looking at real pictures of the man himself Wink Now thats art PAYA Very Happy

Thanks so very much for sharing those and please keep them coming Very Happy Very Happy And that means for everyone else too Astra Diana Anne and those who I may have forgotten to mention. Thanks for sharing and please make more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big huge Thank you to all that commented on my customized Jack!
The decoration of the whole scene (the desk, the shelf) was not done by me, though, several friends put all their love into it.

Garfina wrote:
Dress-blues Jack

All your work is simply fabulous. Your attention to detail is so "on" that I'm surprised that you missed this. The nameplate on the desk says Brig. Gen. J. O'Neill, a one-star General. Your Jack figure has two stars on the epaulets on his shoulders. This would indicate that he is a Major General. I know that in the series Jack advanced quite rapidly once he became a general, so it would be easy to miss labeling his insignia or updating his nameplate. I figured that you'd want to know.

BTW, I love that you included the Asgard stone that is on the first shelf of the bookcase. Yes, please post the progression photos. I love your work.

Thank you for the feedback and correcting the mistake. I admit, I don't know much about military ranks (although I learnt a lot through Stargate).

But it is true, I got the picture for the plate from the sign at the door, it can be seen in big version in one episode (don't remember which one). Must have been season 8 then, yes? Not sure if we ever see it prominently enough to make a screen shot of it? Must check. Otherwise I'll just remove one of his stars - they kept falling off all the time anyway Wink

No really, thank you for telling me.

My friend was responsible for decorating the book shelf, so all credit goes to her. I only noticed later what she had done with the stone.

And I just made a new post with the progression pictures. You can find it here: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/17055.html

Fandango wrote:
Astra! Good to see you on! I was beginning to wonder if you had abandoned us....

Nah, didn't abandone you, although I admit I got distracted a bit. Because I now also own several Doctor Who and Torchwood figures, who want to get played with...

Quote:
You did a sweet job on the uniform! Looks great! You've developed quite a talent for customizing figures. I could never really get past the "make the paint stay" stage...

Well, that's a start, though...

Quote:
but then, I was experimenting with a less expensive figure with a less than agreeable surface. I also have problems popping the heads off for trading bodies...I always feel guilty. Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

You don't need to Wink I have several heads without bodies laying around and some bodies without heads. I admit it looks odd, as if I was a slayer or something. But if you put the figure into hot water before removing the head, it is going nice and easy.

Quote:
You sure have a way with those small documents. They look perfect! ...Including the letters, right down to the postage!

Oh, the Top Secret documents I just printed in small version, I have the real size format at home. I bought it at Legends Memorabilia. And I cannot take credit for the letter and postbox at all, they are just bought. If you want to see more little things I bought, go here: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/15976.html

Quote:
I'm glad you found use for the world's smallest family photo. Laughing Very Happy

In fact, that little picture was the inspiration for the whole scene! I cannot thank you enough for it!

Quote:
Love the fact that you have his jet model, too....

It even says "Air Force" on the wing! I found it at a flea market.

Anne wrote:
Ohhh, dress blues Jack! I want, want, want! 'steals dress blues Jack from Astra and hides it'Razz

I just posted the link of how to do it in my answer to Garfina above. Just try it out? Or maybe I should do a business out of it...

KateR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra wrote:
Garfina wrote:
Dress-blues Jack

Thank you for the feedback and correcting the mistake. I admit, I don't know much about military ranks (although I learnt a lot through Stargate).

And here I was sure that your Dress Blues Jack was newly promoted and he had just stepped into his office to switch his nameplate for the new one. Surely he looks realistic enough to be just taking care of a few errands in his office. Wink

As always, love the creativity and detail of you ladies! Smile

Kate
Astra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KateR wrote:
And here I was sure that your Dress Blues Jack was newly promoted and he had just stepped into his office to switch his nameplate for the new one. Surely he looks realistic enough to be just taking care of a few errands in his office. Wink

Kate! That's the solution! Oh, you are brillant! I bet that's what in the little package he holds in his hand.

See, you only have to find a good explanation. And tell it with a straight face. Problem solved! LOL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Stargate SG-1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 42 of 62

Jump to: