j-sky

Re: Baltimore

Post by j-sky »

Thank you for the pics and vids :D !

More please ;) :) .
Caty

Post by Caty »

KateR wrote:My seat for the panel was pretty far front, but also off to the side, and I have a rather slow lens, so my pictures will need some fixing. I did manage to shoot in RAW (for the first time), but I'm not sure what to do with them. I now have a lot of CR2 pictures that won't open in my Adobe Photoshop. What do I need to edit them?

When I get home and get these on my home computer, I should have better editing results, but in the meantime, here is a photo from the panel:

Kate
Thanks for that great photo, he looks so gorgeous, his smile like MacGyver-times. Can't get enough of it. Thats the way he looked last night in my dream :oops:

Kate, which camera did you use? Usually the cameras come with a software package and there is all the stuff you need.
For example, I have a Canon and Canon gives DPP (Digital Photo Professional) with it, a powerful package to convert RAW-files to JPEG or any other.
If you have a Canon and you are registered you can download the programm directly from Canon.
I guess the other camera manufacturers provide the same services.

I hope, that helped :) :)
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Those sparkling eyes!!!
Kti

Post by Kti »

tvero80 wrote:Those sparkling eyes!!!
You speak to me from my soul!
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

tvero80 wrote:Those sparkling eyes!!!
Exactly! Of course it ended up saved in my Images :D

Thanks Kate, you couldn't catch a better expression. :D
Claudia
ONTLLs

Post by ONTLLs »

KateR wrote:My seat for the panel was pretty far front, but also off to the side, and I have a rather slow lens, so my pictures will need some fixing. I did manage to shoot in RAW (for the first time), but I'm not sure what to do with them. I now have a lot of CR2 pictures that won't open in my Adobe Photoshop. What do I need to edit them?

When I get home and get these on my home computer, I should have better editing results, but in the meantime, here is a photo from the panel:

http://rdanderson.com/baltimore.jpg

Kate

Great Photo Kate!! Wonderful job, if your other pictures turn out like this WOW!! :)

Thanks for sharing :)
Caty

Post by Caty »

ONTLL's!!
Welcome back here :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thank you, Kate, for that fantastic photo and video and for any more to come. He looks so good!

Thanks, Matt, for your photos and video.

Looking forward to all who can to do a retelling of your experience if and when you can do that.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jemster wrote:Here is some video from his panel, only 1:30 but it includes him filming the audience singing Happy Birthday to Wylie. :-)

http://youtu.be/GYbbAlKrD20

Michelle
Hey Michelle - thanks for that link and that video. Cute. So, she was auctioning off the duck, right? Do you have more of a story on this? Thanks, even if you don't.
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Hey Michelle - thanks for that link and that video. Cute. So, she was auctioning off the duck, right? Do you have more of a story on this? Thanks, even if you don't.
I can't see the video on this computer, so I'm not sure how much it shows, and I don't remember all the details - perhaps someone else can fill in.

They auctioned DuckGyver for one of Shore Leave's charities, a memorial fund for a child, I think? They got it up to about $500, and the woman added the challenge that Amanda Tapping in a previous year had reached $1000. So the bidding continued. I think they went up to $800 (?), and RDA said he would match whatever the winning bid was.

Shore Leave has ended now, and I'm back in my room. I'll try to get the rest of the pictures from my camera to the computer, but most of the editing will have to take place in a week or two when I'm back on my main computer. Again, I was way off to the side, so I have mostly side views. If anyone had better seats and better results and wants to share them with the site, I'll add them as soon as I can.

Kate