Left- or right-handed or ambidextrous

Skurk

Left- or right-handed or ambidextrous

Post by Skurk »

Maybe this has been already answered, but I'm still unsure if RDA is right-handed from beginning.
What do you think?
He can do things with his left hand as good as with his right - with some exceptions like writing or firing a gun (as far as I could observe).

Steffi
ergomac23

Re: Left- or right-handed or ambidextrous

Post by ergomac23 »

hmm he has always said he is right handed but perhaps because of his many broken arms over the years he has become a bit ambidextrous with different tasks?
Skurk

Post by Skurk »

ergomac23 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:53 pm hmm he has always said he is right handed but perhaps because of his many broken arms over the years he has become a bit ambidextrous with different tasks?
Could be, ergomac23 😊
Never read or heard that he said that he's right-handed. 🙂
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

I read in another fourm, that during MacGyver, if the cast was on the right side it was a real injury. If it was on the left side, it was a "fake" injury, leaving free his right hand to perform tasks. This led to the conclusion that he was right-handed.

Any thoughts?
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

in this video of the behind the scenes of past the bleachers he said "the right hander from Minnesota steps up to the plate" at 2:20 in the video

http://www.rdanderson.com/videos/pages/ ... achers.htm

also i have never heard that about MacGyver but it makes sense 🤔
Rosely Teles

Post by Rosely Teles »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:37 am I read in another fourm, that during MacGyver, if the cast was on the right side it was a real injury. If it was on the left side, it was a "fake" injury, leaving free his right hand to perform tasks. This led to the conclusion that he was right-handed.

Any thoughts?

Hello.
Excellent observation.
In episode 16 of the 1st season of MacGyver, he has a cast on his right hand and says he injured himself on a trip to the Swiss Alps. So it could have been a real injury.
Rosely Teles

Post by Rosely Teles »

Hello.

I was thinking about this topic the other day, thanks for mentioning it.

I believe that Rick is ambidextrous, because in some episodes of Stargate SG-1
, he has already shot using both hands and more than once, and he has done several maneuvers with his left hand numerous times,
even though he is right-handed. The RDA has extraordinary talent and gifts.
Skurk

Post by Skurk »

Well, in Germany children who were left-handed used to be re-educated to write with the right hand. My friend was even re-educated...so it was until the 1970s. Not any more these days. Maybe that was also the case in the USA?
He can do a lot of things with his left hand. But it's also possible that he taught himself because he had problems with his right arm for a long time.
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

He definitely signs autographs and makes notes with his right hand. No clue if he’s ambidextrous.