Roles which would have suited RDA like a glove...

Dutchie81

Roles which would have suited RDA like a glove...

Post by Dutchie81 »

So, I've been reading all Karin Slaughter Sara Linton/Will Trent novels and I was thinking, how well the tole Will Trent would've suited RDA if he would've been in his 40s now. Everytime I open one of the books I picture him as Will Trent..

So I've been wondering, have any of you wished he played a certain part? Or thought he would've been great at playing if time/age wasn't a thing?
Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity.
MacGyverGirl

Re: Roles which would have suited RDA like a glove...

Post by MacGyverGirl »

Hi Dutchie81,

I am not familiar with the character of Will Trent so I looked him up and he does sound like he could be a good fit for RDA to have played in his younger years.

I know before Firehouse, RDA and his partner pitched a police procedural that never went into production because of no takers. So, that must have been an interest of his. I had always thought that I would have liked to see RDA in his early 40s do a prequel to "In The Eyes of a Stranger", before he met Lynn. A good old police detective series with the charming but disgruntled Jack Rourke. But not disgruntled enough to go bad, like he did in the movie.
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
EllenD

Post by EllenD »

Great idea for a thread!
Dutchie81 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:54 pm So, I've been reading all Karin Slaughter Sara Linton/Will Trent novels and I was thinking, how well the tole Will Trent would've suited RDA if he would've been in his 40s now. Everytime I open one of the books I picture him as Will Trent..
I did not know this either, but found the trailer to the series on Disney+ and I also think he'd be great at it. Looks good by the way, will give it a try.
So I've been wondering, have any of you wished he played a certain part? Or thought he would've been great at playing if time/age wasn't a thing?
As it happens, we were watching Bullet Train the other day and I remember thinking Brad Pitt's character would have been a perfect fit for Rick ... just watch one of the trailers. ;)
Life, far more important than what you do for a living - RDA
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

Well look at that, Karin Slaughter actually mentions MacGyver in the Will Trent book I'm reading

Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity.
Rosely Teles

Post by Rosely Teles »

Hello.
This topic is very good. These days I was thinking about what characters the GDR could have represented.
Regarding the classics of literature, I thought about Shakespeare's Hamlet.
But in the cinema, one that came to mind, Frank Farmer (played by Kevin Costner, nothing against Costner), but I believe that Rick would have absolutely more structure in every way.
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

I am a big fan of Murdoch mysteries and I can't help but think he would be great in that show a character like detective Llewellyn watts ..maybe character like Ernest Pratt would be cool to see on the show not quiet what you asked for but I just think he would have fun with that :D
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

While Schitt's Creek has ended, I do believe that late 80's, early 90's RDA would have found a place there. It's a quirky comedy with heartfelt moments. Since we don't want to take anything away from Mutt Schitt (played by the hot Tim Rozon ;) ), I would like to see RDA play Dexter (I can never get enough of Dexter). :D That character would fit right in with the plot/cast and I think he would have a blast playing. We know he had a blast playing Pratt/Legend!

And if we are talking about a series that was in production during the early to mid 90's (RDA's super hot era - Yes, I know some would disagree ;) ), I could see him on Northern Exposure. Again, quirky and heartfelt. He could have played a love interest of Maggie's, to make Joel jealous. I just wouldn't want him to die (a curse of Maggie's boyfriends). :( But that series would have been a good fit, set in rugged Alaska and sporting a beard (but please not the mustache alone :roll: ). And since it ran from 1990 to 1995 and MacGyver ended in 1992, if he wanted to be part of an ensemble cast (even if for 1 season), the timing was right.
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."