RDA @ Comic-Con Brussels

cedric007

RDA @ Comic-Con Brussels

Post by cedric007 »

Hello RDA community,

Just wanted to post my experience on an official forum. I follow RDA since 1988/1989 as a very small kid watching MacGyver episodes with my best friend on Saturday afternoon. How huge RDA were at the time for a kid. The greatest model. He also accompanied us later in life with Stargate. He his one of the greatest TV figure that ever existed.

In November what a surprise to see him participating in Brussels Comic-con. So for the first time in my life, I went to a convention to get his signature and perhaps a dedicated note. I have never asked someone a signature in my life except directors and artists after a movie screening or a concert for fun, but never organizing myself just for an autograph.

The success was there (and the organisation quite crazy). After six hours of queue - yes six hours !! - RDA finally signed the photo I had prepared. It had to be quick because everything was supposed to close at 5pm (max 6pm) but RDA closed the show past 8.30pm. To tell you the truth, all the lights were out, every guests, stars, people, everyone were already gone, it was an empty place; there was just RDA finishing his 13 hours day with us and trying to stay at his best. We were instructed to be fast ofc and we did. For the story, there were difficulties with the organisation and he had to leave for photoshoots and stuff and then come back. I arrived at 2.30pm and he signed my photo at 8.25pm ^^ I mean, the man is so generous with his time, I think he also spoke quite long with every single person, shook hands and always tried to be "there" for everyone.
We almost believed we would not get his signature when everything was shutting down. I didn't get a special dedication because of the speed we needed to be at that time, but I have his autograph and I'm very happy. I even gave my my special autograph pen which he said he would sell for a very good price in the US haha. I'm very glad I could just tell him how great I think he is on all level and shake his hand, this the type of figure you are lucky to grow up with (I still watch Stargate or MacGyver anytime) and he actually hummed MacGyver theme while signing my photo.

There was no one in the world I would have waited six hours in a queue, not even Mick Jagger.

Here is my little picture that will stay on my wall forever. It gives great energy to my flat. Thank you RDA !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bxG09 ... sp=sharing
Last edited by cedric007 on Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tvero80

Re: RDA @ Comic-Con Brussels

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you for sharing your great experience with Rick , Cedric ! :) But unfortunately we can't see your photo ...
cedric007

Post by cedric007 »

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you ! :)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Thanks for sharing your impressions and photo with us... especially us who could not go! Not surprisingly, it sounds like it was a memorable experience that will stay with you forever.
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Thank you for sharing, Cedric. It sounds like you had quite an experience. Im so happy you got your autograph. Richard is the best!
cedric007

Post by cedric007 »

Thank you gals/guys it definitely is memorable !
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Ich freue mich so für Sie. Ich habe im Mai in Bonn mein lang ersehntes Autogramm von Rick bekommen. Er ist so toll und liebenswert. Auch ich bin mit Macgyver aufgewachsen. Für mich ist in Paris und Bonn ein Kindheitstraum wahr geworden. Ich verstehe Sie so gut. Liebe Grüße von Fan zu Fan
Susanne
Anatolij

Post by Anatolij »

Hi all, I was there too. One of the last fans on sunday.
Here are my files:
copy link to your browser search address field:
http://str.bplaced.net/macgyver

I met him for the first time. Very nice person.
I mentioned Im looking forward to the bluray release in Germany.

[Note from Kate: Welcome, Anatolij, to the Forum. I always monitor brand new members. I am happy to approve your post and welcome you here, but the link you gave is coming up for me as "dangerous and blocked" so I have removed it. It is probably just some issue with a firewall or something, but is there possibly another way that you can post your pictures and link them here? Thanks! :) ]
Last edited by Anatolij on Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anatolij

Post by Anatolij »

The link is just a http address. Not https. If the browser tries to open it as https, then that message comes. Must be a browser problem.
If you copy the address in the browser, instead of just clicking on the link, it will work.
Ok it works now for me without the url function by clicking on the link.