Basingstoke Comic Com May 10-12, 2024

bluegirl

Re: Basingstoke Comic Com May 10-12, 2024

Post by bluegirl »

Desert_crossing wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:03 am Hey all, I messaged Basingstoke comic con about paying for a day pass and paying for an autograph even though I can’t be there (work won’t give me time off :roll: ) so I can at least get an autograph.
A while ago I was told to keep a look out for potential update for people who can’t attend, to pay for an item/photo to be signed and sent back to them, however I can’t see anything on the website.

Has anyone heard of this before or are they spinning me a line? Because unless a miracle happens I’m not going to be able to attend and the above would be my only option.

I don’t want to hold out hope if no hope is to be had.
I have heard of some conventions offering a service like this...

However, if they keep you waiting - I can offer you another possibility. I'm going to be there, I could get an autograph for you and send it to you before flying back home...
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Desert_crossing wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:03 am Has anyone heard of this before or are they spinning me a line? Because unless a miracle happens I’m not going to be able to attend and the above would be my only option.
That sort of thing has been done, however I'm not sure that it is actually the convention itself that offers that service. It may be a third party.

When RDA was in Pittsburgh last year, after his autograph session, he went in the back and signed a whole bunch of personalized photos and items. These orders had been placed online in advance through a company that said they travel to conventions to get the autographs that have been pre-ordered through them. But I can't remember who was doing it! I even went back to look at the pictures I have from Pittsburgh to see if I could spot a logo or T-shirt somewhere, but no luck. But they would have had to have had permission from the convention to be able to come in and do this officially, so a convention should be able to tell you if someone will offer that service.

Even better, is if a kind fan offers that service. :) :)

Kate
Desert_crossing

Post by Desert_crossing »

bluegirl wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:09 am
I have heard of some conventions offering a service like this...

However, if they keep you waiting - I can offer you another possibility. I'm going to be there, I could get an autograph for you and send it to you before flying back home...
Wow you are truly amazing. :D
I will contact them again soon to confirm if this is something they will be doing or not, and get back to you. Thank you kindly.
Surf, watch a sunset, listen to the waves. Live life like it's your last day here, because one day it will be.

Maybe the reason why we love our dogs so much is because the only time they’ll ever break our hearts is when they stop existing.
Desert_crossing

KateR wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:04 pm

That sort of thing has been done, however I'm not sure that it is actually the convention itself that offers that service. It may be a third party.

When RDA was in Pittsburgh last year, after his autograph session, he went in the back and signed a whole bunch of personalized photos and items. These orders had been placed online in advance through a company that said they travel to conventions to get the autographs that have been pre-ordered through them. But I can't remember who was doing it! I even went back to look at the pictures I have from Pittsburgh to see if I could spot a logo or T-shirt somewhere, but no luck. But they would have had to have had permission from the convention to be able to come in and do this officially, so a convention should be able to tell you if someone will offer that service.

Even better, is if a kind fan offers that service. :) :)

Kate
The fans here are truly amazing that’s for sure. :D

My initial message to them was that I was more than happy to pay for the day pass and autograph costs, but I would just be physically unable to attend in person in the day because my shifts have changed and I will be working 08:00 to 18:00 each day he is there. So I’m screwed.

However, I said I could travel straight from work to collect the autograph if they could leave it somewhere like reception. I wouldn’t get there until 20:00 hrs if I finished my shift on time, but they gave me no solid reply to that. :|
The only thing the lady said was “We will be announcing in the next couple of weeks a way for people who can’t attend the event to send their item to be signed which might be a better option for you.”

Those “couple of weeks” have been and gone.
Surf, watch a sunset, listen to the waves. Live life like it's your last day here, because one day it will be.

Maybe the reason why we love our dogs so much is because the only time they’ll ever break our hearts is when they stop existing.
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Hi

They are now offering a send in autograph service on their website.

If you go on the Basingstoke Comic-Con website and click on Event Info you will see SWAU Autograph Services. Click on this and it takes you through to their Send in service where you can arrange to have an autograph sent to you on one of several photos they are offering or you can send stuff in for autograph. The photo choice is a bit limited though.

If that doesn’t work I’m happy too to get you one and then get it to you.
Hope this helps!
J
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

JB5 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:18 am Hi

If you go on the Basingstoke Comic-Con website and click on Event Info you will see SWAU Autograph Services. Click on this and it takes you through to their Send in service where you can arrange to have an autograph sent to you on one of several photos they are offering or you can send stuff in for autograph. The photo choice is a bit limited though.

Hope this helps!
J
I've looked at their offers... I'd be fine with the photo choices they're offering, but the prices... Well, let's say my offer to get one for you is also still in the table
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Yes I’ve just looked at the prices again too! I guess they are charging for the signing and a “virtual” attendance. And yes there are actually more photos than I thought of RDA……
They do allow personalisation though which is not always guaranteed in person depending on the length of the queue at the cons……

8-)
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Just adding a message here to Patricia, who visits the Forum and wrote to me earlier with the above information about autographs...

I responded to you just now, and Gmail bounced my message back as "potential spam." ARRRGGGHH!!! Are we back to this again?? I haven't been sending anything to Gmail that is suspicious.

Anyway, thank you Patricia, and if you would like to join the Forum, just let me know. I've been getting dozens of spambots trying to register here every day, so I had to shut down registration and add new members manually. Of course, Gmail may bounce back any registration messages from the Forum as well. :roll:

I've had enough of imposters and spambots and Gmail... :evil:

Kate
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Oh, NOOOO, Kate, not THAT again... :o :shock: :( I thought Gmail had learned its lesson.... :evil:
Desert_crossing

JB5 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:18 am Hi

Hope this helps!
J
Thank you kindly. Thanks to everyone who has offered support in this matter.

Ok so I have people who are willing to help me out (much appreciated from the bottom of my heart, you are great people) but I do have one question that if anyone knows the answer too I’d be grateful. As much as I love the MacGyver photos and O’Neill photos, I am a racing car freak and so I would love him to autograph a photo from his car racing days. But I do not know who the photos,both here and online belong too. And obviously I don’t want to use a photo that I am not allowed to use. So how would I find out if I can use these photos?
If anyone have an answer to this I’d be grateful.