Steel City Con March 31 - April 2, 2023 Monroeville Pennsylvania

MacGyverGirl

Re: Steel City Con March 31 - April 2, 2023 Monroeville Pennsylvania

Post by MacGyverGirl »

ergomac23 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:57 pm
MacGyverGirl wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:06 pm
ergomac23 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:31 am thank you Kate for the great new photo I can't Waite to see the rest :D :D .... :shock: Waite puppy chow flavored ice cream? I'm guessing he past on that flavor :lol: I wonder what flavor he did get 🤔
Idk about passing on the puppy chow flavor knowing his love of dogs. I would have tried it.
I was curious so I did some research apparently Puppy chow is a type of sweet treat made with peanut butter and chocolate so maybe he did try it
it's called puppy chow because it looks like dog food though why you would call puppy chow it just sounds off putting :?
I agree puppy chow doesn't sound appetizing. Apparently, you did more research than the creator of the flavor. The theobromine in chocolate is toxic to dogs. Depending on how much the dog ingests and their size, it can cause vomiting and diarrhea or worse. Sorry for the graphic comment but I had a personal experience that thankfully had a good prognosis.
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
ttrana

Post by ttrana »

The puppy chow is rice Chex cereal any of the Chex cereal with melted butter and chocolate, with powdered sugar on it, it’s actually a good snack we always have during Christmas but I’m not sure how it would taste in Icecream, it’s probably okay. I wonder also what RDA likes from Dairy Queen? We maybe will find out from Kate’s talk with him.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

ttrana wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:39 am I wonder also what RDA likes from Dairy Queen? We maybe will find out from Kate’s talk with him.
He got a medium sized vanilla cone, which he ate while we talked. Then as he was ready to go back to his hotel, he ordered a second vanilla cone to take with him in the car. He's actually holding it in that picture - there are more pictures coming. I don't think he even noticed the puppy chow thing.

Kate
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

thank you Kate Rick and I are similar in our ice cream preference I love vanilla ice cream the best and second is cookie dough :D :D
aw it's a shame he didn't notice the puppy chow thing but still makes me smile :D

ttrana wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:39 am The puppy chow is rice Chex cereal any of the Chex cereal with melted butter and chocolate, with powdered sugar on it, it’s actually a good snack we always have during Christmas but I’m not sure how it would taste in Ice cream, it’s probably okay. I wonder also what RDA likes from Dairy Queen? We maybe will find out from Kate’s talk with him.
thank you ttrana it mentioned cereal when I looked up what it was but never explained what kind so thank you sounds good though :)
MacGyverGirl wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:56 pm

I agree puppy chow doesn't sound appetizing. Apparently, you did more research than the creator of the flavor. The theobromine in chocolate is toxic to dogs. Depending on how much the dog ingests and their size, it can cause vomiting and diarrhea or worse. Sorry for the graphic comment but I had a personal experience that thankfully had a good prognosis.
I agree the creator of the flavor needs to rethink the name ... I'm glad there was a good prognosis with your dog MacGyverGirl i hope things are better now
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Found this and thought it would be of interest... :D especially for those of us who didn't get to go. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzsfw1Zsrl8
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:46 pm Found this and thought it would be of interest... :D especially for those of us who didn't get to go. ;)

That's the video from Mike, the podcast guy. He has given me permission to add it to the website, so eventually it will be linked here. There should be at least two versions of the panel, but this one has pretty good quality - especially since he was shooting it from the back of the room!

I'm home now. Give me some time to go through the pictures and build the pages.

Kate
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

KateR wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:40 pm
LTTPlits wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:46 pm Found this and thought it would be of interest... :D especially for those of us who didn't get to go. ;)

That's the video from Mike, the podcast guy. He has given me permission to add it to the website, so eventually it will be linked here. There should be at least two versions of the panel, but this one has pretty good quality - especially since he was shooting it from the back of the room!

I'm home now. Give me some time to go through the pictures and build the pages.

Kate
Thank you for sharing, Kate! Love how his dad's penchant for grammar left such an impression on him. Very nice, intimate session.
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

He's very relaxed , funny as always and he looks great ! ( those cheekbones :oops: ) Thank you for finding this video , jp ! :D
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

tvero80 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:11 am He's very relaxed , funny as always and he looks great ! ( those cheekbones :oops: ) Thank you for finding this video , jp ! :D
Completely agree! Flattering haircut and he has really trimmed down. He mentioned Magic Spoon cereal. That is low carb/keto. It's not the easiest diet to follow so I give him credit.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Okay, the updated Steel City Con page is finally up and running...

Kate