hi....new here....

asamuel

Re: hi....new here....

Post by asamuel »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:47 pm Of course, I remember Biff! Whenever I need a laugh, I watch "Soft Touch". Mac played an excellent straight man to Penny and Biff! :lol:
For sure! - remember Mac in the episode of Tommy Giordano? - Numerology man... and the guy is like are you folks by any chance from California?!!!!

Yes, Soft Touch was one of those really wonderful endearing episodes!
Remember how Mac runs around his jeep saying - What? You hit a car with my Jeep? You did!!!
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:25 pm Annie,
Thank you for your excellent directions! :D Of course, the videos were on the website (if you know where to look!) Very amusing! There are some things I will never understand about it though. "Television Cat"?! :? (What's that about?!) and why did RDA ask for Don's help of all people? :? I wasn't sure if they had just been sitting near each other and chatting it up or whether they had been friends at the time or..... But it was great to see!!! :lol: Thank you, jp

PS: Before I joined, I looked at all the Leno interviews on the Tonight Show. They're all very funny...
PPS: I remember Mac's hockey game with his landlady with fondness... wonderful accent, eh? :lol:
Exactly what I was thinking 'Television Cat' my word - and it is made of Lead and gilded with Gold! Oh boy - the things they come up with!!
As for asking Don for help - My guess is that Don was the only other American RDA knew that might not know Italian- and was like hey any suggestions? - :D

I did too -watch those interviews before I found this website - and yes, I really like the Leno interviews and also the Arsenio Hall ones - all very funny!

Yep, now that you are into watching MacGyver you will remember all these small tidbits that make the show so endearing - I know Jack is your favorite but I know you like Mac too :D

So, after all these exchanges JP do you agree - your and my circumstances are more similar than you first thought except of course you came in with Jack and Stargate and I came in with Mac. :D
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

asamuel wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:48 am Exactly what I was thinking 'Television Cat' my word - and it is made of Lead and gilded with Gold! Oh boy - the things they come up with!!
As for asking Don for help - My guess is that Don was the only other American RDA knew that might not know Italian- and was like hey any suggestions? - :D
I did too -watch those interviews before I found this website - and yes, I really like the Leno interviews and also the Arsenio Hall ones - all very funny!
Yep, now that you are into watching MacGyver you will remember all these small tidbits that make the show so endearing - I know Jack is your favorite but I know you like Mac too :D
So, after all these exchanges JP do you agree - your and my circumstances are more similar than you first thought except of course you came in with Jack and Stargate and I came in with Mac. :D
The whole thing was very bizarre...!!! RDA was so clearly uncomfortable but he handled it so well. Ah, so endearing, even under pressure! You are probably right, Annie. I really got a kick out of seeing them together there. :D

I appreciate Mac more and more, the more I watch the show... but Jack and SG-1 will always remain my favorite! (What's that cliche about first love? ;) ) But I'm picking up enough from my rewatching MacGyver for the discussions on the active topics about the show for the details and tidbits to seem familiar to me and to get the point. I don't know the show well enough to participate but maybe some day... and yes, Mac, is very endearing.

You're right, Annie, our circumstances are more similar than I first thought... kinda like traveling from the West Coast and the East Coast, we came to the same place by different directions! Hope you are having warmer weather than the 20 degree weather we are having here! :D jp
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

LTTPlits wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:50 pm I appreciate Mac more and more, the more I watch the show... but Jack and SG-1 will always remain my favorite! (What's that cliche about first love? ;) ) But I'm picking up enough from my rewatching MacGyver for the discussions on the active topics about the show for the details and tidbits to seem familiar to me and to get the point. I don't know the show well enough to participate but maybe some day... and yes, Mac, is very endearing.
Yes JP!!! you are getting there!
And I sure know about 'First love'!
LTTPlits wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:50 pm You're right, Annie, our circumstances are more similar than I first thought... kinda like traveling from the West Coast and the East Coast, we came to the same place by different directions! Hope you are having warmer weather than the 20 degree weather we are having here! :D jp
That is a nice way of putting it - from the East and the West - I like that :D
Right - It 'is Winter' here :D But highs in the mid 60s - and I will take it!
Thanks
A
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Winter but in the 60's, Annie? :o ....We have had our first snowfall, and oh, look, more is falling... it's real pretty but cold with temps only in the 20's. Somehow temps in the 60's seems unreal for winter and so inviting. I think I remember you saying that you once lived on the East Coast, so perhaps that is a distant memory for you!... ;) :D ... Enjoy! jp
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:47 pm Winter but in the 60's, Annie? :o ....We have had our first snowfall, and oh, look, more is falling... it's real pretty but cold with temps only in the 20's. Somehow temps in the 60's seems unreal for winter and so inviting. I think I remember you saying that you once lived on the East Coast, so perhaps that is a distant memory for you!... ;) :D ... Enjoy! jp
You bet I remember - those memories are not good ones at all - Unlike Mac/RDA I am not used to the cold and it was a nightmare for me
CA was a very welcome change indeed.
Since there is no cloud cover the night temps go down to 39 but midday is 65 -and yes i will take that any day!
But just a note- here in the summer too the night temps are lower than average I would say but hey I'm not complaining!!!! :D
Desert_crossing

Post by Desert_crossing »

Hey everyone, technically I’m not new as such, I’ve just spent a a stupid amount of time lurking in the darkness and not registering to this site.

I’d like to say hey to all you amazing people out there. Especially the person who runs this site. It’s truly amazing.

I’m from the UK and I work for the ambulance service here. So I will often drift through this site at crazy times during the night and day. My sleep pattern is so shot from shift work and the things I see, it makes it pretty hard to have a decent sleep or sleep pattern these days! Forgive my grammar and spellings at times, I can often be up for 24 hrs with maybe a hour nap if I’m lucky!

I used to watch Macgyver with my dad back in the day, it’s the only show he ever watched. He worked in the forestry commission and we’d often fix (Macgyver it) the tractor/truck/chainsaw when it needed fixing. I still say to this day a 12 yr old me should not have been using a chainsaw or driving machinery, but that’s what we did back in the late 80’s! No real health and safety in place!
But boy, I wouldn’t change it for the world. So many great memories.

I started watching stargate SG1 because of RDA staring in it and to this day I continue to watch it when I have a bad day at work, because the humour lets me forget. So that’s a blessing in itself.

Stay safe out there and enjoy life to the max, because my job has shown me one thing, every day really is worth living because you never know when your time is up.
Surf, watch a sunset, listen to the waves. Live life like it's your last day here, because one day it will be.

Maybe the reason why we love our dogs so much is because the only time they’ll ever break our hearts is when they stop existing.
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Welcome Desert_Crossing!

Your works sounds very stressful and the Forum and website are just the thing to unwind and to forget all of that for a bit. Lovely that you shared MacGyver with your Dad! I never watched MacGyver until after discovering SG-1 a few years ago. Like you, "going through the gate" is now one way of dealing with those extremely hard days, work included. And yeah, Jack's snarky humor has gotten me through quite a lot, most particularly the darkest days of the pandemic. So, I'm grateful, indeed!

I think RDA would completely agree with your closing sentiments.... Life is too short not to have fun and not to make the most of the time you have.
jp
Desert_crossing

Post by Desert_crossing »

It can be very stressful but more importantly, it’s very rewarding. Makes you appreciate life, that’s for sure.

If I can’t pack up my camping gear and head out to the beach or forest on my days off, for some well deserved quiet time (not been for a while as my beloved Labrador passed recently and it’s not the same without him travelling with me) then on goes Stargate to get my mind back on track.

Crazy how a show can do that.
Surf, watch a sunset, listen to the waves. Live life like it's your last day here, because one day it will be.

Maybe the reason why we love our dogs so much is because the only time they’ll ever break our hearts is when they stop existing.
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Desert_crossing wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:36 pm It can be very stressful but more importantly, it’s very rewarding. Makes you appreciate life, that’s for sure.
I also have a stressful job but feel the same!
Desert_crossing wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:36 pm If I can’t pack up my camping gear and head out to the beach or forest on my days off, for some well deserved quiet time (not been for a while as my beloved Labrador passed recently and it’s not the same without him travelling with me)
Nothing like being in the outdoors to change one's perspective! Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog... been through that too many times. It never gets easier but a willing price to pay for one of the best experiences life has to offer.
Desert_crossing wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:36 pm then on goes Stargate to get my mind back on track.
Crazy how a show can do that.
In my adolescence, I was lucky enough to have the original Star Trek and the Enterprise became my happy place. Now, it's SG-1. I think only a really great show with wonderful and well-drawn characters in an interesting and compelling universe can do that!