hi....new here....

LTTPlits

Re: hi....new here....

Post by LTTPlits »

Welcome aboard! It's never too late to have fun.
Hope to see you on the board. :D
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

Hello my fellow RDA fans!
My name is Annie, and I just joined the forum.
I have been roaming these pages as a Guest for some time now.
Like JP I found this website in 2020 when I was searching for all things RDA. I am a huge MacGyver fan. I have not gotten into Stargate that much though.
I could watch the entire Stargate series on Amazon Prime and I tell myself I should but given an option I always choose to rewatch MacGyver! Believe me I have watched Macgyver so many times but never tire of it.
I live here in the US in California actually - but I have never met the legend! I hope that will change someday.
Thrilled that I am finally part of this family and thank you Kate for helping me along the way and also for patiently answering my every question!
You are the best!
Annie
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Welcome to the Forum, Annie!

It's lots of fun here... But I think our situations may be a little different... It wasn't just the Forum I discovered in 2020 but RDA himself... I know, how is that even possible?!!! :o :shock: I mean I had heard of him and would recognize him in a line-up but that's about it. :roll: I had discovered SG-1 during the dark days of the Pandemic and that show helped me get through them... Okay, it was also Jack! ;) And after that, I started looking for everything RDA had starred in, including MacGyver, and found the Forum! I've grown to appreciate Mac more with each rewatching (on my third now) but my heart belongs to Jack and SG-1 (I guess my avatar and signature kinda give me away. :lol:) I hope you'll give the show a try. But no matter, we all agree about RDA!

Hope you'll find your way on to some of the games... They're lots of fun too...

jp
(East Coast USA to your West Coast!)
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

Hello JP,
Thank you for your warm welcome. You are very kind!
Actually, our circumstances are more similar than you might think. In my case I won't bore you with the details but suffice it to say that it was kind of like 'Two ships passing in the night'.
I was saddened by the fact that I got on this party bus just as everything went into lockdown and no more Comic Cons or events!! Thank God it is all back to normal!

Yep, I know you are an all-out Jack fan and I totally get it. He is overtly very funny and in his element. The thing about MacGyver is that even there he was very funny every time an opportunity presented itself and it was so subtle it was even better IMHO.

Yes, the games do sound like lots of fun. I was following it - albeit as a silent participant :D
Anyway, I am glad I found this site and all of you!
Thank you!
Annie
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Hi Annie
Great to have you on the Forum! The RDA party bus is definitely up and running - and its a really great party!! 🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🎈🎈
Welcome on board!!!
J
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

Hallo RDA Fns
Ich heiße Conny und bin seit September dabei ,habe aber erstmal die Seiten durchstöbert um einen Einblick zu bekommen.
Ich lebe in Deutschland und finde es toll auf diesem wege Leute kennenzulernen ,die genau so große RDA Fans
sind wie ich .
Vielen Dank für die Aufnahme im Forum
Conny
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

Hello JB!
Thank you much for the warm welcome!
Annie
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

Hello Conny,
I am not up on my German, but I am assuming you are new here - so am I!
So, from one newbie to another - welcome to the family!
Annie
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

asamuel wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:39 pm Hello my fellow RDA fans!
My name is Annie, and I just joined the forum.
I have been roaming these pages as a Guest for some time now.
Like JP I found this website in 2020 when I was searching for all things RDA. I am a huge MacGyver fan. I have not gotten into Stargate that much though.
I could watch the entire Stargate series on Amazon Prime and I tell myself I should but given an option I always choose to rewatch MacGyver! Believe me I have watched Macgyver so many times but never tire of it.
I live here in the US in California actually - but I have never met the legend! I hope that will change someday.
Thrilled that I am finally part of this family and thank you Kate for helping me along the way and also for patiently answering my every question!
You are the best!
Annie
Welcome Annie!

Sorry for the late welcome , but I find I have more time to read than to reply. While I watched MacGyver when it orignally aired, I didn't find this site until the end of 2022 but didn't become a member until the beginning of last year. And yes, MacGyver was/is my crush before RDA ever was. I have started to watch SG1 and am in season 5. I'm glad I did. At first, it was just for RDA but I have grown to enjoy the plotlines and the characters. However, like you, I always opt for a MacGyver rewatch over a new episode of SG1. I often have it on in the background when it airs live on Paramount Plus. It still brings on the emotions.

I have never been to a con or met the man in any other capacity. And considering I live in the Northeastern US, I'm sure I won't be running into him at the grocery store or the post office!

It's fun here. Glad you joined!
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

EllenD wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:28 pm Hi everyone,

I'm Ellen, 48, Belgian but living in the Netherlands.

I was probably about 12 when MacGyver first aired in Belgium and I'd watch it every week with my parents and my brother (yes, back when you actually had to wait a week for the next episode to air! :roll: ). I had the biggest crush on MacGyver throughout my teenage years and would watch it in whatever language it was on. I didn't know all that much about Rick though at the time. There was no internet and only the occasional article in a magazine …

About two months ago I came across the same reruns of MacGyver Dutchie81 mentioned and started watching them again. I wondered what happened to Richard Dean Anderson and with the internet nowadays, information finds you before you even think to look for it! I ended up on this website and have been making my way through all the articles and notes (Thank you Kate! :) ).

I am now watching MacGyver with my 11 year old son (he loves it too), I'm in season 9 of Stargate SG1 (I miss Jack …) and I got to meet Rick in Brussels last weekend (he was just so kind and sweet)!

I will share my experience and photos later, I just need to figure out how to add pictures. Suggestions are welcome … ;)
Welcome Ellen!

I guess a late welcome is better than no welcome at all. I watched MacGyver when it aired in the 80s and 90s. A few years ago I subscribed to Paramount Plus and fell in love with my crush again, watching the reruns. Kate is a rock star and I am so grateful for her upkeep of this site!

I have started watching SG1 and am in season 5. My son watches Macgyver with me as well, but he is 26 (Yikes)! It's good that we can both bond with our sons over our nostalgia.

I live in the US and have never met the man. Consider yourself fortunate!
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."