RDA what does it stand for?

LTTPlits

Re: RDA what does it stand for?

Post by LTTPlits »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:57 pm Continuing with Ray:
Real Deadly Admirer
I know "real" is lame! I may change it or if you have any suggestions!
No, I think "real" is really (ahem!) appropriate.... He is certainly the real deal when it comes to wickedness and evil. So, for what it's worth, I think it should stand!
So, to continue on with him:

Reprobate Defiant Antagonist
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

I don't know how many more of these I can do for Ray. Although I feel like I am paying tribute to RDA's reach as an actor. I also feel the need to watch this again. :)

Raunchy Dirty Animal
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:16 am I don't know how many more of these I can do for Ray. Although I feel like I am paying tribute to RDA's reach as an actor. I also feel the need to watch this again. :)
I know what you mean... I also feel like it's time to come back up into the light. When I first saw the movie, though I was amazed by his versatility, I decided that once was going to be quite enough but lately, spurred on by these reminders of the character, I have been thinking of a re-watch... ;)
MacGyverGirl wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:16 am Raunchy Dirty Animal
That is perfect for Mr Bellano! And packs a punch...

So, how about this for Jack (and maybe, Rick too!): Repartee Done Acerbically
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

I know what you mean... I also feel like it's time to come back up into the light. When I first saw the movie, though I was amazed by his versatility, I decided that once was going to be quite enough but lately, spurred on by these reminders of the character, I have been thinking of a re-watch... ;)
MacGyverGirl wrote: ↑Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:16 pm
Raunchy Dirty Animal
I did rewatch the movie and at the end I thought this described Mr. Bellano perfectly!
o, how about this for Jack (and maybe, Rick too!): Repartee Done Acerbically
I think that is perfect to describe Jack, Rick and an Irishman! I'm planning on getting some SG1 episodes in on the weekend so I'm hoping to be inspired to keep this thread going!
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:11 pm I think that is perfect to describe Jack, Rick and an Irishman! I'm planning on getting some SG1 episodes in on the weekend so I'm hoping to be inspired to keep this thread going!
Had to laugh, at that addition of the "Irishman!" True of all the Irishmen I know! Enjoy SG-1 and yes, I hope it inspires you! It would be great to keep this going... 8-)
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

Got in an episode of SG1. Here's to you Jack:

Ridicule Disguises Affection (I think he is very warm when he cares about something or someone. He just can't seem to wear it on his sleeve.)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:02 am Got in an episode of SG1. Here's to you Jack:
Ridicule Disguises Affection (I think he is very warm when he cares about something or someone. He just can't seem to wear it on his sleeve.)
WOW! Just wait for the moments when Jack's feelings come through about his team members, Hammond, or any of the kids that come into his life... they are all the more impactful. Sometimes, they are just conveyed in the nuances of RDA's facial expressions... he is truly a master of that! Sometimes, like with Kinsey, the Goa'ulds, and others in the Air Force, his ridicule expresses his overwhelming contempt. (As Daniel would say, more an antagonist than diplomat!)

So, while we are on the subject of Jack (or is it Rick?!):
Rebelliousness Denoting Autonomy
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

WOW! Just wait for the moments when Jack's feelings come through about his team members, Hammond, or any of the kids that come into his life... they are all the more impactful. Sometimes, they are just conveyed in the nuances of RDA's facial expressions... he is truly a master of that! Sometimes, like with Kinsey, the Goa'ulds, and others in the Air Force, his ridicule expresses his overwhelming contempt. (As Daniel would say, more an antagonist than diplomat!)
I started watching SG1 on my laptop and in Singularity, I noticed his facial expressions at the intercom when Carter told him she was staying with Cassandra. He didn't have to speak any words to know how he felt about her! MacGyver had great expressions as well. And I just watched Cor-Ai where Daniel made the antagonist vs. diplomat comment. All the more reason to keep watching SG1!
So, while we are on the subject of Jack (or is it Rick?!):
Rebelliousness Denoting Autonomy
Not sure about Jack (because I hardly know the man :lol: ) but it definitely describes Rick. So going with Rick:

A Real Man who Delights in Altruism (I had to throw in some filler words.)

You can continue with whomever tickles your fancy!
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:59 pm Not sure about Jack (because I hardly know the man :lol: ) but it definitely describes Rick. So going with Rick:
A Real Man who Delights in Altruism (I had to throw in some filler words.)
You can continue with whomever tickles your fancy!
I agree that yours captures Rick.... Mac, too?! (To quote you, I hardly know the man :lol: ) ... Love him though I do, maybe not exactly the first way I would describe Jack! :P (And I think we can agree, never Ray! ;) )
Thank you for expanding the answers to include filler words. Not that there ever seemed to be defined rules to the game, but gosh, that will make it so much more do-able going forward!! :D

So, having just re-watched Pandora's Clock, I'm going to go with Capt. James Holland:

Reliable Dishy Aviator
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

So, having just re-watched Pandora's Clock, I'm going to go with Capt. James Holland:

Reliable Dishy Aviator
I just watched part one of Pandora's Clock and I loved the way the captain told Rachel he was interested in her. Although this one describes the captain, I still know Mac better! ;)

Rachel's Dashing Amore