RDA what does it stand for?

LTTPlits

Re: RDA what does it stand for?

Post by LTTPlits »

So, onward with the experiences of cons, which unlike you, J, I can only imagine. ;) :lol: But it's easy to see that RDA is greeted deservedly wherever he goes by

Rejoicing Devoted Attendees
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Definitely jp! :D :D

So if RDA is doing 8 (eight??!!!) :o :P :P conventions this year he'll be

Really Dashing Around

8-)
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

JB5 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:04 pm
So if RDA is doing 8 (eight??!!!) :o :P :P conventions this year
Seven... so far.

I'm surprised how hard it is to get a response from these conventions when I ask them when they will be announcing. You'd think they'd want to coordinate so that we don't have these problems with premature screw-ups.

One of them (US) said that they will be announcing in the next week or so, but didn't give a date. :roll:

Kate
JB5

Post by JB5 »

KateR wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:08 pmSeven... so far.
Thanks for the clarification Kate :D and as ever for your continued behind the scenes liaising to connect everything on the convention front so that we know where RDA will be popping up next. :P

And I absolutely agree - why would the conventions not want to coordinate - its a no-brainer surely?! :roll: :roll: But then some are more organised and helpful than others. :o

Eyes, ears and sixth (or should that be seven) senses peeled........ :P

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Seven???!!! :o SEVEN conventions and writing his memoir, too???!!! WOW! :D :D :D

I'd say, he could be described with these adjectives:

Revitalized Dynamic Attentive
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

Very clever, all!

Waiting for the memoir from our

Rising Dynamic Author ;)
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:37 am Seven???!!! :o SEVEN conventions and writing his memoir, too???!!! WOW! :D :D :D
I'd take that "writing his memoir" with a grain of salt. He's been saying for at least 20 years that he would LIKE to put together some thoughts for Wylie, but he hasn't really made a start. I've tried to encourage him to write something that could be published, and I even offered to help him organize something. For years.

Maybe in another 20 years... :shock:

Kate
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

KateR wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:19 am I'd take that "writing his memoir" with a grain of salt. He's been saying for at least 20 years that he would LIKE to put together some thoughts for Wylie, but he hasn't really made a start. I've tried to encourage him to write something that could be published, and I even offered to help him organize something. For years.
Maybe in another 20 years... :shock:
Kate
Oh, dear! Alongside my excitement at the notion, Kate, I secretly did wonder if he'd actually be able to get himself down to doing it... A project like that takes so such discipline and perseverance, especially for something to be publishable. It would be a wonderful gift to Wylie but his fans would love it, too. I hope he knows that. Of course, I hoped that it meant something that he talked about it publicly, but I'm too new to all of this to know if that isn't new either... Well, I hope he takes you up on your offer. And a lot sooner than in 20 years... :( jp
JB5

Post by JB5 »

KateR wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:19 am I'd take that "writing his memoir" with a grain of salt. He's been saying for at least 20 years that he would LIKE to put together some thoughts for Wylie, but he hasn't really made a start. I've tried to encourage him to write something that could be published, and I even offered to help him organize something. For years.

Maybe in another 20 years...
So slightly tongue in cheek, couldn't resist :P :P

Residents* Desire Autobiography

(*of Anderson Town and its adjoining suburbs :D )

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:17 pm So slightly tongue in cheek, couldn't resist :P :P
Residents* Desire Autobiography
(*of Anderson Town and its adjoining suburbs :D )
So, glad you didn't, J. Very clever, indeed! :lol: :lol: :lol: So, going on with your amusing theme about the Residents of Anderson Town and its Adjoining Suburbs :P :P :P .... Maybe, just maybe, after 20 years of talking about it :roll: ;) , RDA will actually prove to the world that this is the year that sees his

Residents' Dreams Affirmed