Thank you, Kate

bluegirl

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by bluegirl »

I also got the see the a total eclipse in 1999, in Austria. Me and my parents headed for the totality zone (which was only about a 100km from home), I had prepared my SLR with filters and everything to be able to take pictures on a tripod - but then clouds obscured the sky. We had a little time left, so we packed up everything into our car and went 'clear-sky chasing' :roll: :D With only a few minutes to go, we found a spot where the sky was only covered with a thin layer of clouds and the sun was visible quite well... Just enough time to get up my camera equipment and get ready.

Despite the tense chase, I can also confirm it was a stunning experience. The few minutes of totality were... extraordinary. I´ve experienced a partial eclipse a few years before that and I can say, that the image of going to a concert but staying at the parking lot get´s the difference quite well. ;)
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
tvero80

Re: Thank you, Kate and Rick !

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you Rick for sending the new notes and pics and thank you Kate for posting them ! :)

This cast bronze sculpture by Mark Manders is outside the North Brabant museum of the city . It is called Tilted Head . Why is it Rick's 'favorite' discovery ? Maybe because it's weird and can be interpreted in many ways ;) (there are paintings by Vincent Van Gogh in the museum too ! Hope Rick could see them before the con started ! :))
tvero80

Re: Thank you, Kate and Rick ( again) !

Post by tvero80 »

Two more pics ? We're lucky ! THANK YOU ! Rick is definitely in an artistic mood showing us his palette ! :D

KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

tvero80 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:41 am Two more pics ? We're lucky ! THANK YOU ! Rick is definitely in an artistic mood showing us his palette ! :D
And now there are three more. They came through in the middle of the night, so I'll get them added soon.

But seriously, you see what I mean when I say I can never tell when his messages are "finished"? It takes a bit of juggling to get them all to make sense!

Thank you also to people who are sending me their photos from the Holland con. I'll wait a bit to accumulate them before I get that page updated.

Kate
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

KateR wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:06 pm
tvero80 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:41 am Two more pics ? We're lucky ! THANK YOU ! :D

And now there are three more. They came through in the middle of the night, so I'll get them added soon.

But seriously, you see what I mean when I say I can never tell when his messages are "finished"? It takes a bit of juggling to get them all to make sense!

Thank you also to people who are sending me their photos from the Holland con. I'll wait a bit to accumulate them before I get that page updated.

Kate
It's difficult for you but it's great for us fans , Kate . The more pics the better ! :D Thank you in advance to those who sent you photos from the Holland con :)
EllenD

Post by EllenD »

This happened while we were waiting in line: https://twitter.com/Eveline_x3/status/1 ... 385029924/. They took pictures (you can see them looking and laughing about it behind him), let's hope that's one of the pictures! :)
Life, far more important than what you do for a living - RDA
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

EllenD wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:33 pm This happened while we were waiting in line: https://twitter.com/Eveline_x3/status/1 ... 385029924/. They took pictures (you can see them looking and laughing about it behind him), let's hope that's one of the pictures! :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: yep I agree with that it's just "Rick being Rick" :lol: orange is his favorite color :D
Desert_crossing

Post by Desert_crossing »

tvero80 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:41 am Two more pics ? We're lucky ! THANK YOU ! Rick is definitely in an artistic mood showing us his palette ! :D

Wonder if he sells his doodle art or bins it. Its unique. I strangely like it. 😂
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Thank you, Kate, for posting Richard’s notes and pictures. His notes are always interesting, fun, and so Rick. That’s a great picture of him, btw. He really is looking good, and from the happy smile, I think he must be enjoying himself immensely. It’s always fun when he is in the mood to communicate.

Thank you again, and thanks to Richard for sharing. Fingers crossed he continues for awhile!
Scarver-Jo

Post by Scarver-Jo »

ergomac23 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:11 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: yep I agree with that it's just "Rick being Rick" :lol: orange is his favorite color :D
Hi everyone,

During my autograph ops on Sunday RDA showed me his Leo Kottke shirt. I asked him why he hadn’t put it on and he replied: “I chose orange because it’s racing day!” and showed me his Max Verstappen cap. :)
Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Robert Frost