Thank you, Kate

KateR
Site Admin

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by KateR »

That's a scanned image, and I don't think the color tone came out well, but I'm waiting for the digital version to be posted. I was just trying to get SOMETHING posted before I leave.

Just FYI for everyone: It seems that Gmail is having another hissy fit, so I will not be able to respond to anyone with a Gmail address for at least a month. Also, my main personal web host is moving all mail to Yahoo in a few days - I don't even know what that means. And I leave for Europe in a few days, with limited wifi access, while all of these changes are going on.

So... I welcome any sharing from Richmond or upcoming conventions, but it may be some time before I can respond to any mail and before I can get any more updates done.

Remember how we used to live BEFORE email?? :roll:

Kate
Skurk

Post by Skurk »

You know that Europe is not pre-industrial revolution? :lol: :lol:
Buy a prepaid card or e-sim... then everything will be fine :D
And drink one Jägermeister before you leave...
Have fun here!
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Skurk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:18 pm You know that Europe is not pre-industrial revolution? :lol: :lol:
Buy a prepaid card or e-sim... then everything will be fine :D
And drink one Jägermeister before you leave...
Have fun here!
To clarify... I'm not making a comment on the connectivity of European countries. But I will be on a river cruise, which I have done before, so I know from experience that even when the onboard wifi works, it's often too weak for all the people trying to connect at once. Unless I try in the middle of the night.

Yes, I have an international phone plan, so I know I can connect for basic email and surfing and such while I'm there, but website updates can't be done from a phone. I might be able to tether the computer to the phone, but I don't want to run over my data limit. Besides, this is vacation, so I'll probably be happily doing other things and website updates will have to wait until I get home. Patience, please! :)

Kate
Skurk

Post by Skurk »

Of course you're on vacation. I was just a bit joking not intending anything. And I really meant: have fun!
Steffi
tvero80

Re: Thank you, Kate and Rick

Post by tvero80 »

Sorry about the storm ... it wasn't a very warm welcome . Thank you for coming over to France again Rick , thank you for your photos and note and thank you Kate for posting them :) !
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

What great pics! The Eiffel Tower in a storm is quite spectacular, and Richard’s selfies are just so him! :) You just have to love that hair. Have to!

Thank you for posting Rick’s note and pics, Kate. You’re the best!
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you , Kate , for the updates of the Comic Con in Paris . So many beautiful photos ! ( thank you , J for yours ! :D )

GWhite

Post by GWhite »

What a great pic! Thanks to whomever sent it. And thank you Kate, for sharing it, and all the other great pics, from France.
Desert_crossing

Post by Desert_crossing »

Great photos everyone!
Looks like you all had a good time there. 👍🏼
Surf, watch a sunset, listen to the waves. Live life like it's your last day here, because one day it will be.

Maybe the reason why we love our dogs so much is because the only time they’ll ever break our hearts is when they stop existing.
tvero80

Re: Thank you, Kate and Rick !

Post by tvero80 »

Am I the only one who noticed Rick's latest note and pics ? :) Thank you for posting them , Kate ( a private message between Rick and you which you decided to share with us maybe ?) Cool ! :D