Guess the Stargate Quote

JB5

Re: Guess the Stargate Quote

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:26 am Stump onward... sometimes it just takes time to get in the know...
Well you know jp, I reckon I may just have finally stumped across the finish line with this one. :D

I believe "I'll take that as a no" comes from Reckoning Part 1. Carter has just been beamed back down into Jack's office by Thor and is explaining that the Replicators have made themselves immune to the anti-Replicator weapon. Jack asks Carter if the weapon could be fixed so that it works again against them - to which Carter explains that Thor's ship was boarded by Replicators and compromised, with Thor trying to fly the ship as far away from Earth as possible. This prompts Jack to respond "I'll take that as a no".

What do you reckon??? :P :P

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

🎉🎉🥳🥳I reckon,J, that would be a YESSSSSS!!!🎈🎈💥💥✨️

But, oh my ;), I haven't had a chance to think about your last bonus question, so, in the meantime, do carry on! Your turn, I believe.... :P :P :P
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Woo hoo!! Yay!!! 🍾🍾🍾

Now, see, I've spent a whole lot of time recently trying to make somethin' out of a whole lot of nothin's. So I reckon its actually about time for somethin' rather than nothin'. :P

So here's somethin':-

Well I'd call that something

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

So, J, I was excited because I thought I had your somethin' dead to rights, remembering the opening of one of my favorite episodes (great acting by RDA), The Fifth Race. I recalled that when they went to the Ancient's outpost, as per Daniel's suggestion, Jack is convinced it is an "intergalactic waste of time," until the Ancient's dang brain-sucking device snaps out of the wall when Jack crosses the circle in the floor... So, imagine my intense disappointment when I checked it out and heard Jack utter, "Okay, that's something." So, nooooooo, that somethin' turned out to be nothin'! :evil: (Seems to be contagious, or should I say "contagion" ;) ) Oh, Jack and his pesky variations on a theme. :lol:

After much reviewing and cogitating and... I think I have found it, I promise :roll: ! It's from Covenant. Jack offers that snarky observation when he sees Alec Colson introduce an Asgard on TV, as proof that indeed he has more than just photos up his sleeve to demonstrate his claim that the government has not been telling the public the truth about the existence of aliens. (Not enough Jack in this episode-- is there ever?! :D -- but still an interesting one!)

But, oh my, I'm still wandering the galaxy in search of that other example of "oh, my." I guess Kirk saying that in the movie, "Generations," as he dies under a fallen bridge won't quite cut it for the bonus point... yup, I thought so. :( "Can't blame a girl for trying." (For an easy bonus point, in which episode does Jack make that facetious comment? :P :P :P )
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:05 am After much reviewing and cogitating and... I think I have found it, I promise ! It's from Covenant.
Yep, you're definitely onto something here - it is indeed Covenant. Well done for that something!! :lol: :lol:

Your turn for something else.

And on the matter of the bonus point -
LTTPlits wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:05 am "Can't blame a girl for trying." (For an easy bonus point, in which episode does Jack make that facetious comment? )
Luckily this girl didn't need to try very hard to get this - its from Deadman Switch - when Jack tries to throw his knife through the defence shield erected by Aris Boch - only to find that it doesn't work since the shield is different to the personal defence shields of the Go'auld (which did allow slow moving objects to penetrate it).
LTTPlits wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:05 am But, oh my, I'm still wandering the galaxy in search of that other example of "oh, my." I guess Kirk saying that in the movie, "Generations," as he dies under a fallen bridge won't quite cut it for the bonus point... yup, I thought so.
My oh my! :o :o Star Trek quotes?? :roll: :roll: Nope - doesn't cut it! :P Keep on wandering.....or rolling......

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

YAY!!! :D :D :D
JB5 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:40 pm And on the matter of the bonus point -
Luckily this girl didn't need to try very hard to get this - its from Deadman Switch - when Jack tries to throw his knife through the defence shield erected by Aris Boch - only to find that it doesn't work since the shield is different to the personal defence shields of the Go'auld (which did allow slow moving objects to penetrate it).
Well done, J!! Right on the proverbial money! :D :D :D
JB5 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:40 pm My oh my! :o :o Star Trek quotes?? :roll: :roll: Nope - doesn't cut it! :P Keep on wandering.....or rolling......
All right, be like that! Well, I'll keep rolling along (I know you were rolling me a clue ;) ) but in the meantime... just to keep it interesting, how about this? :P

Variety being the spice of life and all?
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:03 am All right, be like that! Well, I'll keep rolling along (I know you were rolling me a clue ) but in the meantime... just to keep it interesting, how about this?

Variety being the spice of life and all?
Sorry that a variety of activities this week have delayed my response - variety (mainly of the work kind) that could not be construed as entirely spicing life up - well not in the way one might like! :roll: :roll:

This is from Past and Present - Jack responding to Teal'c's speculation that Linea may have been experimenting with different ways to destroy worlds after Jack suggested that amnesia didn't seem to track with Linea's nickname of Destroyer of Worlds.

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

🥳🥳🥳💥💥💥You may have stepped away to attend to some uh, other priorities ;) , but you're on fire!!!🔥🔥🔥 Right you are!!! 👏👏👏
Oh, my, :lol: but those same priorities have delayed my search for the other mention of that adorable exclamation! :D in the meantime, I believe it's your turn....
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Oh my!!! Thank you jp! :P :P Yaaayy!!! :D :D :D

So on the subject of variety, we all know that Jack has a limited attention span and gets bored easily. Here's a prime example where he just can't hide it:- :roll: :roll: :roll:

Never in the history of boredom has anyone been more bored than I am right now.

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Oh my, aren't you the tricky one, J????!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: But it just so happens that I know this quotation very well. Not that I have a limited attention span or am easily bored by any means, but I have found myself muttering this to myself on more than one occasion when faced with some of the more tedious but required tasks of my work....

So, this is from Continuum (like I said, tricky!!!): Jack utters this memorable (and so usable!) line while standing, prepared to witness and gloat about the extraction of the symbiote from Ba'al, and instead is standing, hearing the Tok'ra chorus seeming to endlessly chant, while he is waiting to use the bathroom and fantasizing about cake at the end of it all. (I can say that in all honesty there has never been cake at the end of my tedium! ;) )

And as to your citation for the use of "oh, my," well, I thought it was in hand, and then to my horror, when I rewatched said episode, it was only "oh!" So, oh my, back to the proverbial drawing board... which never has me "bored" ;)

PS: But do I get cake for posting over 1000 posts?! I think there should be cake... :P :P :P :lol: