Guess the Stargate Quote

LTTPlits

Re: Guess the Stargate Quote

Post by LTTPlits »

Well, once again, J, we've got that psychic connection going, :lol: both of us feeling jamais vu at the same time :( :o :shock: .... Well, like you, it's time for some vuing.... ;) :D
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Okey-dokey, J, that jamais-vu feeling has just not left me 😔when it comes to that second (and hopefully last!😄) deja-vu, so I think I'm gonna need a small hint to get my vuing pointed in the right direction...😉
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:56 am Okey-dokey, J, that jamais-vu feeling has just not left me when it comes to that second (and hopefully last!) deja-vu, so I think I'm gonna need a small hint to get my vuing pointed in the right direction...
Well its about time you asked jp!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I too have vu-ed and vu-ed and I'm still missing an episode :evil: :evil: :roll: :oops: :oops: !! Please can I have a clue too jp?

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:09 pm Well its about time you asked jp!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please tell me, J, that that is not your clue! Yet somehow, knowing you, I think it is! :o :shock: Pardon me, while I take some time... :P
JB5 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:09 pm So I too have vu-ed and vu-ed and I'm still missing an episode :evil: :evil: :roll: :oops: :oops: !! Please can I have a clue too jp?
Well, J, this is how snarky Jack felt when he couldn't believe what he was hearing... ;)
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:00 am Well its about time you asked jp!!
Please tell me, J, that that is not your clue! Yet somehow, knowing you, I think it is! Pardon me, while I take some time...
Oh yeah!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you seem to have got your own back with your clue for me -
LTTPlits wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:00 am JB5 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:09 pm
So I too have vu-ed and vu-ed and I'm still missing an episode !! Please can I have a clue too jp?
Well, J, this is how snarky Jack felt when he couldn't believe what he was hearing...
I mean for crying out loud!!! :roll: :roll: I worked that out but does it bring me any closer to the episode - No Siree.....well, not yet anyway :o :o So onward with the vuing......for now. :P

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Well, J, I know you are otherwise happily engaged in lovely Paris at this very moment and having a splendid time, :D but I've had a petit triumph of my own! :lol: So the second and hopefully LAST "Deja Vue," is from Small Victories, a good episode. Jack checks in once more to see if Sam is going to stay at the SGC rather than to join him on his vacation and, hearing her decide to stay, he goes on his way. However, saving the world again is simply not enough to guarantee Jack's already-postponed fishing trip. Getting the word that they are needed, Sam runs after him and catches up with him in a corridor. Jack turns to her, knowing what her appearance means and utters with dread and irritation, "Deja vue." (Having a deja vue moment of my own, 😉I am fearful that this was NOT the one you were thinking of and therefore not the last, 😱as I still don't get your clue). But this will await your triumphal return!!!

And to help make it triumphal in all regards, here's another clue for the Bonus round: Jack has been spurred to mention missing an episode by being told something unbelievable by one of his least favorite people.

And when you're done with that, I have my quotation for my turn waiting in the wings.... :P :P :P
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:26 pm I've had a petit triumph of my own! So the second and hopefully LAST "Deja Vue," is from Small Victories, a good episode.
Oh la la jp - a not so small victory for you - absolutely correct. Well done!!! 🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳

(and to complete this epic vu-ing, my clue ("Well its about time") was a reference to Jack's exclamation at the beginning of this episode to General Hammond as he, Carter and Teal'c gate back to Earth finally after being stuck on the planet they gated to from Thor's ship, escaping the replicators as the ship headed for an uncontrolled entry into the atmosphere, once the second gate was up and running at Stargate Command).

As for me, well, now that the distractions of the weekend are over ;) , I will get back to my missing episode. I'll try and concentrate this week, I promise....... :P

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

WHEW!!! 🤗Yay!!!! 🥂🍾And yes, I see it now so clearly, the opening bit about saving the world again, preceded by Jack's exclaiming, "It's about time!" How I didn't pick that up, since I happened to have watched the episode, is beyond me! But suffice it to say, I'm glad to have put those vexing deja-vues in the rearview (or rearvu ;) ) mirror!

As to you getting back to your bonus question about the missed episode, take all the time in the world... :P :P :P Just glad you are back on the board... :D
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:55 pm As to you getting back to your bonus question about the missed episode, take all the time in the world...
So jp, after my reveries in Paris with The Man ;) ;) I am pleased to confirm that I have caught up on the said missing episode and am now fully alert :lol: :lol:
JB5 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 pm as Jack trenchantly said, (for a bonus point, in what circumstances? ), "I must have missed an episode."
Yep - this is from Full Alert, when Jack returns home, beer in hand, to find Kinsey in his house. Kinsey tells Jack that he can help him take down the Trust, to which Jack replies that he must have missed an episode as he thought they were working together.

Very sneaky of you jp, given that I have just started a rewatch from the beginning - so season 8 is not exactly forefront of mind. :roll: :roll:

After all that, I think its actually your turn..... :P :P go for it.....!

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 pm as Jack trenchantly said, (for a bonus point, in what circumstances? ), "I must have missed an episode."
Yep - this is from Full Alert, when Jack returns home, beer in hand, to find Kinsey in his house. Kinsey tells Jack that he can help him take down the Trust, to which Jack replies that he must have missed an episode as he thought they were working together.
Oh well done, J!! 🥳🍾🥂🎉 You just obviously needed the experience in Paris to restore you to your full alertness. :D I really like this episode and Jack's dry wit, especially during that opening interchange with his intruder... I suppose it would help if he locked his door every once and a while. ;)
JB5 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 pm Very sneaky of you jp, given that I have just started a rewatch from the beginning - so season 8 is not exactly forefront of mind. :roll: :roll:
Sneaky, me, J???!!!!!🤔🤨🧐 Says the woman who threw a quotation from a Stargate Atlantis episode my way! :P :P :P 🤯
JB5 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 pm After all that, I think its actually your turn..... :P :P go for it.....!
Why, thank you, I think I will!😃
How about this one:

Boy, did this get outta hand.

Let's just see that it doesn't.... :P :P :P