RIP Robin Williams

Caty

Re: RIP Robin Williams

Post by Caty »

That's a very sad story, kti :( The words left me, I hope I never get in a situation like that

And I'm also very sad about Robin William's death. I really liked him and "Good Morning Vietnam" is one of my favourite movies.

Rest in peace, Robin :(
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
MatGyver

Post by MatGyver »

He's always been one of my favorites. He was a wonderful human being. Here's a beautiful video I discovered on YouTube the other night. Rest easy, Mr. Williams.

http://youtu.be/vQ9e9_-7vV8
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Yes it is a very sad day for the loss of Robin Williams. I can still watch "Mrs. Doubtfire" and laugh my head off. So sorry he was so depressed. The world has lost a genius.
Totally agree with you.. A charismatic fantastic genius.

@kti thanks for sharing your story... hope that one time there will be found a way to notice depression sooner!!

yesterday I saw Ms Doubtfire, one of my favourites, at the moment watching Good Will Hunting..

As the family asked please remember him as the man who made millions laugh, not because of his ending.. and I will

Thank you Mr Williams rest in peace
Lots of love,

Lies

Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

R.I.P Robin, I can remember watching every episode of Mork and Mindy. I know some people call suicide a cowardly act, if only these people woke up and smelled the coffee. They have no idea - unless you are there! Robin was, and is a legend. No more suffering for those that have left us, only for those who mourn the ones that have passed on. That's the sad reality. Robin will always be an inspiration and one more awesome Man that we no longer have the honour of his presence.
Clean/Green NZ
Take only photos, leave only footprints.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Came out of work and saw a flashback of all people who passed away here in the netherlands but also known all over the world,
smiled and touched by seeing this movie, had to share it here, in memoriam Robin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorgFtCqPEs
Lots of love,

Lies

katann69

Post by katann69 »

It was a sad day when he shows so much fear in living that taking his own life is not a good memory to have about anyone. I was disappointed in him and his attitude at life.

I have more respect for our Back to the Future actor, Michael J. Fox who suffered from the same disease as Robin Williams and yet he recovered to get back on his feet and act and accept life has to offer him again.

I rather remember Robin before he gave up.

K :-(
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

katann69 wrote:It was a sad day when he shows so much fear in living that taking his own life is not a good memory to have about anyone. I was disappointed in him and his attitude at life.

I have more respect for our Back to the Future actor, Michael J. Fox who suffered from the same disease as Robin Williams and yet he recovered to get back on his feet and act and accept life has to offer him again.

I rather remember Robin before he gave up.

K :-(
I love to remember Robin to before he gave up that was the reason why I posted this clip. Also for Michael J Fox I have a lot of respect and it's fantastic that he managed to get a new look at life, but also for Robin. It isn't an attitude.. When people take the decision to "step" out of life they travelled a long way and I have respect for them and the long way they walked with their depression trying to keep their head above the water, but unfortunately sometimes the struggle is to hard...
Last edited by Annelies on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of love,

Lies

Anne

Post by Anne »

Depression is NOT a matter of attitude and as long as people don't understand that there won't be a change at how society treats mental illness. RW did not kill himself because he had Parkinson, but because he has been suffering from depression for many many years and finally lost that battle for reasons only he himself knows and we have no right to judge why or how he ended his life.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

100% with you Anne
Lots of love,

Lies

PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Anne wrote:Depression is NOT a matter of attitude and as long as people don't understand that there won't be a change at how society treats mental illness. RW did not kill himself because he had Parkinson, but because he has been suffering from depression for many many years and finally lost that battle for reasons only he himself knows and we have no right to judge why or how he ended his life.
Beautifully said Anne. People who haven't suffered from depression have no idea what it can do to you. I know, I've been there. It wasn't as bad as some, but I could feel myself slowly being pulled down. Fortunately I had some dear friends I met through this website that helped me through the bad times.
If you can't say anything nice.....