A fact about you

Mac/Jack#1fan

A fact about you

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

I was thinking, so we all can get to know each other better, we could each take turns posting a fact about ourselves. It could be fun. Any kind of fact about yourself will work, what sport you like, what you do for a living, what you like to eat..ect. The facts are endless! :D The more we know about each other, the more of a friendly atmosphere we create. Right? :)

I'll go first,

Rap/hip hop is my favorite kind of music 8-)
Jemster

Re: A fact about you

Post by Jemster »

Mac/Jack#1fan wrote:I was thinking, so we all can get to know each other better, we could each take turns posting a fact about ourselves. It could be fun. Any kind of fact about yourself will work, what sport you like, what you do for a living, what you like to eat..ect. The facts are endless! :D The more we know about each other, the more of a friendly atmosphere we create. Right? :)

I'll go first,

Rap/hip hop is my favorite kind of music 8-)
I got my first motorcycle at the age of 12 (I'm 44). I have a motorcycle endorsement on my driver's license and while I don't have one now I will get one in the very near future.

Michelle
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I love to cook, bake, craft with my kids, any kinds of crafts.. Now it's almost easter, so the eggs will be nicely painted, and maybe we'll make a view easterbunnies Yippie! ;)
Love to play the piano, acting, flower arranging
Lots of love,

Lies

Caty

Post by Caty »

I love reading and I love books! I have a lot of books! There is not enough space on our 1st floor, so I store most of them at the attic.

I've tried many literary genres and what I don't read is stuff like Stephen King.
I have many books about cats, even novels and I collected about 400 cookbooks and still do ;)
During the years my interests changed but I still like science-fiction.
And I'm collecting astronomy books. Now there should be about 100 books of astronomy here, still increasing. :roll:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

Okay, some more about me :)

I co-own a cleaning business with my mom and sister. Its a pretty successful business :)
I love going to concerts. I have been to 2 major ones so far. I went to see Elton John in Rhode Island and I saw Billy Joel in Miami Florida.
I love Starbucks coffee, and Disneyworld :D
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Great topic!

I was born in Richland, Washington state, in the US, and raised in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Yes, it's true: my father actually was a nuclear physicist. He was, at one point, one of the world's leading authorities in (deep breath) captured neutron cross-sections. Try explaining THAT on a college application.

He also had a wicked sense of humour and loved puns. We watched some of the first episodes of MacGyver together, and he loved the show.

In spite of that, I didn't go into science; my first career was in professional theatre. I was a costume technician. I went into computers as a second career.
Last edited by MacBeth on Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Well ,my turn.

I'm French ,I am a teacher (sorry about that, specially if you had bad memories at school) but people say I have a great sense of humour...

The 80 of my username doesn 't mean I am 80(!) but it doesn't mean I was born in 1980 either (unfortunately...).

V
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Hurrah for teachers! What subject do you teach, and what age are your students?
Last edited by MacBeth on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

MacBeth wrote:Hurrah for teachers! WHat subject do you teach, and what age are your students?

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it...

And if you haven't guessed my subject, I am a very , very bad teacher ( = the same as RDA's father).

I teach in high school and my oldest students are 20.

Thanks for asking ;)
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

The 67 of my username means I was born in 1967 and I have a daughter :D aged almost 18 (how is it that time has passed so fast?), and a husband :| .

I'm just a clerk, I shuffle papers like invoices, bills, payments, that kind of stuff. Not much space for fantasy, which unfortunately I'm often quite short of. :(

Besides RDA I like rock music, mainly Bon Jovi, but not only. :D

I also like reading, but I no longer have time enough. Once I read yellow books on the train to work, but now I have to drive. When I'm home I barely have time for twitter, this forum and of course Rick's DVDs.

I also like to travel when possible, but that depends on the budget. :roll: If I won the sweepstake I would use money to travel :D For the moment I'll just travel in internet. ;)
Claudia