MacGyver blog

KateR
Site Admin

Re: MacGyver blog

Post by KateR »

cmbj67 wrote:I didn't realize, thanks Kate for the information. Are they also the same apartments as "NIghtmares"?
I don't think so. I recognized the location in Off the Wall because I was on the set for Prometheus Syndrome, so I had a very good sense of what the whole area looked like. It was a corner property with the abandoned buildings forming an "L" shape bordering a large parking lot in the middle and with a tall iron fence and gate surrounding it. It was a pretty unique spot and fairly easy to recognize. The neighborhood from Nightmares didn't look like that at all.

But then, if you were to go to the Prometheus/Wall location today, it would look completely different. It has undergone some major urban renewal and now has renovated apartments complete with landscaping. So who knows how much the Nightmares neighborhood might have changed in the following years? :)

Kate
themacgyverproject

Post by themacgyverproject »

Wow, you were on set, that's awesome! Did you have a role in the production?

And Caty, you are correct, it is The Human Factor! Just finished the write-up:
http://themacgyverproject.blogspot.com/ ... actor.html
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Thanks Kate. What other MacGyver and Stargate sets were you on? You're lucky that you have this chance. :)
Claudia
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

themacgyverproject wrote:Wow, you were on set, that's awesome! Did you have a role in the production?
No, I was just invited as a guest. But it was fascinating watching the production in action.
cmbj67 wrote:Thanks Kate. What other MacGyver and Stargate sets were you on? You're lucky that you have this chance. :)
My first visit was to the set of The Gun in Vancouver. That was where RDA and I first met, in 1990. The following year I spent two days on the set of The Prometheus Syndrome in Los Angeles.

Those were my only visits to MacGyver, since the series was winding down by then, but when Stargate began, I was invited to the set again, and then when MGM approached me about doing interviews and articles about the series, I had reason to be on the set for quite a few episodes. Trying to remember...

The first was for Double Jeopardy, then also for Beast of Burden, Smoke & Mirrors, Paradise Lost, Full Circle, Death Knell, It's Good to Be King, and finally for the movie, Continuum. I think that's all of them. You'll find a lot of the articles I wrote during those visits in the Stargate section of the website.

I did write up journals of my two visits to MacGyver, and I keep meaning to rewrite them in a form for the website, one of these days. Perhaps next year, for their 25 anniversary. (Yikes! Where does the time go?!)

Kate
Caty

Post by Caty »

KateR wrote:
themacgyverproject wrote:Wow, you were on set, that's awesome! Did you have a role in the production?
No, I was just invited as a guest. But it was fascinating watching the production in action.
cmbj67 wrote:Thanks Kate. What other MacGyver and Stargate sets were you on? You're lucky that you have this chance. :)
My first visit was to the set of The Gun in Vancouver. That was where RDA and I first met, in 1990. The following year I spent two days on the set of The Prometheus Syndrome in Los Angeles.

Those were my only visits to MacGyver, since the series was winding down by then, but when Stargate began, I was invited to the set again, and then when MGM approached me about doing interviews and articles about the series, I had reason to be on the set for quite a few episodes. Trying to remember...

The first was for Double Jeopardy, then also for Beast of Burden, Smoke & Mirrors, Paradise Lost, Full Circle, Death Knell, It's Good to Be King, and finally for the movie, Continuum. I think that's all of them. You'll find a lot of the articles I wrote during those visits in the Stargate section of the website.

I did write up journals of my two visits to MacGyver, and I keep meaning to rewrite them in a form for the website, one of these days. Perhaps next year, for their 25 anniversary. (Yikes! Where does the time go?!)

Kate
Do you know, how lucky you are, Kate? ;)
And you know this wonderful man for 25 years :D

Without any trace of jealousy CONGRATULATIONS!!

Lucky you :D :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Kti

Post by Kti »

Your memories... with the white dress are so beautiful! 'Not take off...' Thank you so much. So as you write ... I have a feeling I also been there. Thank you!
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

KateR wrote:You'll find a lot of the articles I wrote during those visits in the Stargate section of the website.
Kate
Thanks Kate, I'll check the Stargate section. I'd love to read the journals of your visits to MacGyver. :D
Claudia
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

THANK YOU Kate for all the Information. Beautiful and so special memories to treasure for a lifetime. I'll check the Stargate section for your articles, and looking forward to the journals from your visit to MacGyver set, whenever you're ready. By the way, are you going to continue the "MacGyver Lexicon"? I understand it's hard work and takes time, but it would be awesome if you could complete it someday. Thanks again for keeping us up to date and for sharing with us your wonderful memories from your meetings with THE MAN. You're such a lucky lady, and we're lucky to have you and we're always grateful.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

nicolemj@otenet.gr wrote:By the way, are you going to continue the "MacGyver Lexicon"? I understand it's hard work and takes time, but it would be awesome if you could complete it someday.
I would like to. In fact, I was hoping to spend a lot more time on the website this fall, but my hands have been full with so many others things. Eventually, though, I do hope to complete the MacGyver Lexicon, and the Photo Gallery, and the Video Gallery. There's still much to do.

Kate
Caty

Post by Caty »

KateR wrote:
nicolemj@otenet.gr wrote:By the way, are you going to continue the "MacGyver Lexicon"? I understand it's hard work and takes time, but it would be awesome if you could complete it someday.
I would like to. In fact, I was hoping to spend a lot more time on the website this fall, but my hands have been full with so many others things. Eventually, though, I do hope to complete the MacGyver Lexicon, and the Photo Gallery, and the Video Gallery. There's still much to do.

Kate

... and we are very grateful and curious for the wonderful stuff you are going to add.

Even if I repeat myself, you are doing a wonderful job here, Kate. Thanks a lot!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)