hi....new here....

asamuel

Re: hi....new here....

Post by asamuel »

Desert_crossing wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:50 pm Hey everyone, technically I’m not new as such, I’ve just spent a a stupid amount of time lurking in the darkness and not registering to this site.

I’d like to say hey to all you amazing people out there. Especially the person who runs this site. It’s truly amazing.

I’m from the UK and I work for the ambulance service here. So I will often drift through this site at crazy times during the night and day. My sleep pattern is so shot from shift work and the things I see, it makes it pretty hard to have a decent sleep or sleep pattern these days! Forgive my grammar and spellings at times, I can often be up for 24 hrs with maybe a hour nap if I’m lucky!

I used to watch Macgyver with my dad back in the day, it’s the only show he ever watched. He worked in the forestry commission and we’d often fix (Macgyver it) the tractor/truck/chainsaw when it needed fixing. I still say to this day a 12 yr old me should not have been using a chainsaw or driving machinery, but that’s what we did back in the late 80’s! No real health and safety in place!
But boy, I wouldn’t change it for the world. So many great memories.

I started watching stargate SG1 because of RDA staring in it and to this day I continue to watch it when I have a bad day at work, because the humour lets me forget. So that’s a blessing in itself.

Stay safe out there and enjoy life to the max, because my job has shown me one thing, every day really is worth living because you never know when your time is up.
Welcome to the family, Desert_crossing!
Yes, this place is a real haven of comfort - where you can meet like-minded people.
And yes, thank you Kate for creating this amazing site - truly a labor of love!
Annie
Desert_crossing

Post by Desert_crossing »

asamuel wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:24 pm
Welcome to the family, Desert_crossing!
Yes, this place is a real haven of comfort - where you can meet like-minded people.
And yes, thank you Kate for creating this amazing site - truly a labor of love!
Annie
Thank you kindly.
Sorry for late reply, I’ve been busy with work and life in general.
I hope I got this whole quote thing right. I’m not used to forums. They confuse me! 😂
Surf, watch a sunset, listen to the waves. Live life like it's your last day here, because one day it will be.

Maybe the reason why we love our dogs so much is because the only time they’ll ever break our hearts is when they stop existing.
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Desert_crossing, you did the quote thing perfectly! Just sayin' :lol:
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Hi Desert_crossing!

Welcome to the forum - great to have you! And thank you for your amazing work with the ambulance service - absolutely underrated heroes!! Here's hoping RDA continues to be a balm to the soul - I can so relate to that!

8-)
Desert_crossing

Post by Desert_crossing »

JB5 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:47 pm Hi Desert_crossing!

Welcome to the forum - great to have you! And thank you for your amazing work with the ambulance service - absolutely underrated heroes!! Here's hoping RDA continues to be a balm to the soul - I can so relate to that!

8-)
Not sure hero’s is the right word, more like crazy people who have no social life, who pray for a good night sleep and prefer dogs over people! But thank you! :lol:

Yeah, travelling in my van, surfing (well trying too!) the beach, sunrises and sunsets, dogs and RDA’s acting are my chill out zones.
Surf, watch a sunset, listen to the waves. Live life like it's your last day here, because one day it will be.

Maybe the reason why we love our dogs so much is because the only time they’ll ever break our hearts is when they stop existing.